Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

We gotta have Sabermagics!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

anilEhilated posted:

Say I'd like to play along - are the mods connected, do you import your character?

e: Hell, I don't even remember if Shadowrun allows that.

Technically, you could, but there's very little connectivity between them all- the games will treat your dude/ette as separate entities.

In any case, I forgot to mention in my vote that I just want to say gently caress YOU TheMcD I WANTED TO LP THIS but good luck anyway! :v:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Shaman because like you said, Baseba'al might make for a cool Totem, and I haven't played one either. We can learn *~together~*!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Dog Kisser posted:

just for fun

:hmmyes:

Could you put a baseball bat on her left shoulder (our right), though? I think it'd look really cool even if we don't go melee.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Dog Kisser posted:

~makeovers!~

Eh, I can't say I'm feeling the accessories or the colour change myself, but that's just me.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Both The Closer and Split/Second (might require archives) should be stickied threads and required reading for the LP forums :colbert:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Whybird posted:

Do things get better?

I should say so, though I'm hardly biased, and I can say that the module does lean on the combat side of things. Honestly, I'd compare the Antumbra Saga to the Shadowrun Returns trilogy itself- the first game is adequate, but serves more as a demo run of the tech and as a test of the creator's skills, the second is where things really come together, and the third is HOLY poo poo YOU SWEET GAME WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Now I'm disappointed we didn't choose Zizek as a PC. Oh well, there's 2 more games in the series!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Perhaps they're sorcerous in nature? Like Awakened termites or something?

And IIRC the CalFree Saga takes place in the early 2060's or thereabouts.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Agnosticnixie posted:

Although any Johnson who pulled the "surprise you were working for X all along" would probably eat a bullet right then and there.

I wouldn't do anything to piss off the Azzies unless I had a Great Dragon backing me up, and even then that's not a guarantee (RIP Sirrug and Dzitbalchen).

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

So the first mod in this series is just one mission?

Are the other mods longer?

This is just the first level of the mod, no worries. The rest is yet to come.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Basically, most corps expect shadowrunners being used against them as part of just doing business, and as long as you personally don't do a lot of expensive damage, the cost-benefit analysis will probably be in your favour. Hell, do a good enough run, and they might just hire you to go against the guys who'd hired you first- you've proven your skills, after all.

Aztechnology reacts in just how you expect a multinational megacorp formed by drug cartels to react*. Worse still, they use blood magic, which means that they're readily selling their souls to take revenge on you. And while most megacorps wield massive influence in world governments, there is practically no difference between the nation of Aztlan and Aztechnology, so if/when you piss Aztechnology off. You not only have to deal with being tracked by any biological traces you leave behind, you'll have a government backing up whatever hell spirits, mutant monsters and mercs the company sends against you. Not only that, but they're killed off at least two Great Dragons.

But that's not the scariest part of Aztechnology.

That's their PR machine, which is such a juggernaut that even a megacorp that does nothing but PR (Horizon) couldn't match them in an image war that revolved around an actual conflict Aztechnology/Aztlan started. Not only that, but the Azzies manufacture practically everything people use in the Sixth World- their most well known property is Stuffer Shack, a combo 7-11/Wal-Mart (as I understand it), but they also handle just about everything else, from household appliances to magic goods. They're not the biggest AAA, but they're certainly the most secure and stable, which should be terrifying on its own.

*There's another AAA mega which has ties to organized crime: Mitsuhama Computer Technologies (MCT) had its roots as a Yakuza money laundering front, but when legit business profits began to outpace criminal profits, they decided to go full-on capitalism (not much difference, I know). These days, the Yakuza stuff is only tolerated, as a multimillion-nuyen criminal empire is nothing compared to their multi-trillion nuyen business empire; they're only indulged because the Yakuza are an easy source of deniable assets.

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Aug 6, 2019

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Wait, Sirrug survived? I thought the Azzies confirmed their kill on him?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Agnosticnixie posted:

Also like Aztechnology's plot invincibility mostly came about because they really needed a way to wrap poo poo up and apparently making the company whose entire business is media shockingly bad at media sounded good to the crop of geniuses who publish the tabletop.

Yeah, this one really got me. I mean, I can understand wanting to make Aztech as sinister and powerful as possible, but there's a limit.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Take Hailey , since we can kind of do most of what the others can. She's got us both fake SINs, right? So that's some cash saved, which we can spend on passive bonus Chi magic since in my experience, they're a much better long-term investment than most weapons. At the very least we should wait to get a katana or something.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Radio Free Kobold posted:

Cons: Dalmin is a cock

This is reason enough to bring Orion :colbert:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Take Norton and his doggos to the I-5!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

wiegieman posted:

You're gonna like this series.

Oh hell yes.Cirion (the creator of this mod and its sequels) REALLY doesn't like racists, if the trilogy's anything to go by. :unsmigghh:

And ahahahaha, we finally meet Dorbi, the best character.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

TheMcD posted:

Saito remains an enigma in many ways.

Not for long, he won't :(

EDIT: Not a spoiler for this game, by the way- Saito going full 1941 Imperial Japan on California is regular Shadowrun fluff.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yep! Dragonfall is a great place to start Shadowrunning, if you ask me. Each Shadowrun game is standalone, and the first game, Dead Man's Switch, is kind of rough around the edges, and lacks many of the QoL improvements Dragonfall and Hong King introduced.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

JustJeff88 posted:

Isn't it the case that these mods featured here are incompatible with the GOG versions?

(genuine question)

I think the Antumbra mod and its sequels are downloadable from the Nexus.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm kinda neutral on what you should buy, but bring along Norton, Dorbi and Hailey.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
As said before, Aztech managed it, but only because they had the resources of both a megacorp and a nation on their side, not to mention they managed to dredge up with blood magic. Basically, outside of GM fiat, the only way you can take on a dragon is if you can take on a country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

GhostStalker posted:

His last decision involved stripping Hestaby of her horde and lair at Mt Shasta (relevant to the end of this campaign) because she went to the UN to condemn one of their own, Sirrugg, as a war criminal for his rampage across Aztlan following the execution and dissection of Dzbaltchen. Taking Great Dragon politics outside of their own circle is very much frowned upon.

Wasn't that a 'Just as planned' for Hestaby, though? Now she's free to do stuff on her own, unconstrained by politics.