Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

EponymousMrYar posted:

Having her be an Adept instead.

Really, any mystic class can work with the concept.

Yeah, Adepts are flippin awesome. Plus, maybe we can get her a baseball bat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Adept. Punching fools a million miles into the sky is the best way to get them to respect the fine sport of baseball.

Also, you can chrome up pretty good and basically become a walking death machine.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Kami is clearly Dottie (Geena Davis's character). Definitely has the mind of a catcher, too.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

My main argument against shammy is that they're a support class and thus a bit boring.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

wiegieman posted:

Shamans spend most of their time buffing, and they contribute a lot because their buffs are good, but "cast haste" isn't the most exciting gameplay.

Yeah, I love having Dietrich along as well as the Hong Kong shaman because they're extremely useful support characters and also both well designed, fun to be around characters, but I like my main to have some oomph and frankly Shamans are lacking in that department when compared to adept and mage.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Teddy loving Ballgame is right- Jesus H Christ couldn't get him out. Neither could Bunning, The Kid slashed .377/.500/.852 against Bunning in 61 career at bats. For non baseball fans, that line would be the best ever by any player to ever play the game by a very large margin.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I'm all for someone with the chops to mod in better baseball bats helping the McD with this.

We can start off with the plain ol' $20 Rawlings ash wood bat, upgrade to various aluminum bats, have a corked bat in there somewhere with sweet crit rates but lower damage, and then finally have our infinity +1 weapon be a Louisville Slugger maple wood bat.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

But the French revolution was a bourgeoisie revolution tho?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Re: VITAS: VITAS was a plague that wiped out a quarter of the global population in the early 21st century across two huge epidemics in 2010 and 2022. It massively destabilized nation states and is part of what allowed Megacorps to start exercising so much power.

Re: Aztechnology: They're feared in the shadows, and they have shockingly good PR in the regular-folks world. But they're not invulnerable- they'd probably lose a straight up fight to Saeder-Krupp, for example, or against the military of the United Canadian and American States (UCAS). The thing that really makes them scary, though, is the blood magic bit. Blood magic helps the gibbering horrors from beyond find their way to earth, and if they get here everyone's dead or wishing they were whether they're a dragon or a doormouse. Aztechnology is all about blood magic at the higher corporate echelons, and it's their most closely held secret because if the truth got out about how deep they were into it pretty much every dragon in the world would make it priority #1 to exterminate the Azzies.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Oh, UCAS would end up screwed too if the other Megacorps took notice of them massively violating corporate extraterritoriality (and they would).* But that doesn't stop UCAS from being a heavy hitter in the military capacity field. By way of example, Saeder-Krupp is the only megacorp able to field a nuclear powered aircraft carrier, while UCAS has several. Likewise, milspec weapons and armor are generally top of the line and better than what most megacorporation security forces wield.

Of course, it'd never come to that fight because the establishments of nominally democratic nation states are entirely riddled by megacorp influence and on top of that so many of your citizens have jobs at subsidiaries of those megacorps if they're not outright corporate citizens.

* Aztechnology tried to do this in Aztlan by having the nation start to nationalize other megacorp holdings in the country... and it did not go great for them.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

My common refrain is that we're already in a cyberpunk dystopia, it's just a really loving boring one.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

TheMcD posted:

Alright, so that's about it for this update, because we now have to answer a question - how does Kami prepare for this run, and who does she take along? This isn't a formal vote, more of that "thread is Kami's conscience" thing I mentioned in the OP. So if there's a general sentiment we should look into getting cyberware, or that we should take one of those three runners in particular (we will be taking one along - not taking one is not an option, because that will be very rough), and should we go with the cheap SINs or spring for the premium ones.

For reference, Hailey will cost 600 nuyen to bring along, Dalmin wants 750, and Orion wants 650.

So, what now?

Run Prep: Kami is analytical, she's going to research and recon her target before busting in.

Partner: We're breaking into Aztechnology, we gotta scoop their data while we're doing it- and Hailey is the only one who can do that.

SIN: Pony up for the good stuff, it's going to get us a lot further than the Matrix-only version Hailey would give us.

Purchases: If we've got the money for it, we should get fuckin' CHOME, baby. Get the cheapest top quality chrome available right now, no point in wasting nuyen and essence on a mediocre cyberarm.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Lux Animus posted:

What are the available Chi Casting Spells?

What crucial spell(s) would skimping on the primo SINs and Medkits let us afford?

That's a good point. Also good to keep in mind is that Chome will hurt our chi-casting ability- leaving us with fewer spellbook pages to fill. I'd love to get Stride, the passive buff is great for a melee combatant like an adept. It requires Chi-Casting of 4, though. Mystic Armor is also great, but needs Chi-Casting 8 so it'll be a while before we could use it. Killing hands is good, and I think we start with it, except we're using weapons instead of our bare fists.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Yeah, I'm going with Armor, Magic Resist, and x2 basic medkits

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Lux Animus posted:

Oh hey good catch. Rather than making a new post I'll just edit my earlier vote. Thanks.

Yeah, permanent light cover against spells = can't be crit if I'm recalling correctly. Plus a chance to shrug off some of the damage.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Lux Animus posted:

New Vote:
Current funds: ¥2,912
Pair of primo SINs: -¥500
Signing fee for Hailey: -¥600
3x Medkits: -¥450
+4 Armor +5 HP: -¥650
Chi casting spell: Light Cover vs magic: -¥200
Sell Grenade: +¥70
Sell Killing Hands +¥150

End total: ¥732

Officially voting for this, too.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Norton I, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico! I would 100% get behind that dude in a Shadowrun world. :allears:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

malkav11 posted:

The inability to use party members to pass dialogue checks was probably my biggest complaint about the original Shadowrun Returns campaign. Can't remember if Dragonfall fixed that.

They did it for Decking, but not for dialogues unless I'm forgetting something.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

TheMcD posted:

I recall being able to tell Eiger to break down a door that you otherwise would have had to find a different way through.

Oh, good point. I don't recall ever being able to use one of the party members to pass a speech/etiquette check, tho.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I am so happy that Emperor Norton IX is in this. Emperor Norton is one of my favorite bits of Americana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I one hundred percent believe that Emperor Norton I would be just like this if he were to be plopped into the Shadowrun-verse. He was such an awesome, weird dude.