Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

Theyre smoking weed, hth

Yeah I used to smoke weed at the marina all the time in my teens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

The view was nice.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Boat launches are magical lands that are completely separate from the social norms and laws and expectations of society. I have no idea why, but they are.

The question has been answered: smoking weed, running AC for hours while everyone else goes boating, waiting for the party boat to come around to get on board. Sometimes there are just nice views at launches and marinas and its nice to hang out.

Beyond that though, I could see hanging out at a busy boat launch be on the autistic scale equivalent of being a train enthusiast. So much weird and non-typical behavior just because it is a boat launch, it can be a fascinating view of human psychology.

I was launching this spring. A co-worker was getting the boat off the trailer via the lines as I backed down the ramp. Boat got hung up all sideways on the trailer cause co-worker was a rookie (first timer, understandable, forgiven) and some random dude runs down to the dock, "Hey I got you buddy!", drops his shoes and jumps into waist deep water and helps straighten the boat, gets it off the trailer. gently caress yeah, thanks for the assist guy!

Other people will be complete lunatics. Seen people forget drain plugs, boat starts sinking as soon as its in the water. Seen people forget the straps that hold the boat to the trailer so the boat does not float because there is 1000 lb trailer still attached to it. Normal stuff. But then there are people that lose their head over it. Guy is waiting to launch their boat, some moron is down there sinking their boat, and person has zero patience and freaks the gently caress out screaming at the person (that is already dealing with the fact/embarrassment of sinking their boat) to the point of having to wonder if a fist fight is going to break out. Chill, the rookie will be out of there in 10 minutes, you'll get to launch next tough guy...

Also, on the weed thing... There is a sheriff's dock/boat at one launch that is popular and busy through summer. If the sheriff boat is out, then you know with absolute certainty that there will be zero police presence throughout the day until they return. Good views, funny poo poo happening, no cops, great place to smoke some weed.

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
seal the windows and push them in lol

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Internetjack posted:

Boat launches are magical lands that are completely separate from the social norms and laws and expectations of society. I have no idea why, but they are.

The question has been answered: smoking weed, running AC for hours while everyone else goes boating, waiting for the party boat to come around to get on board. Sometimes there are just nice views at launches and marinas and its nice to hang out.

Beyond that though, I could see hanging out at a busy boat launch be on the autistic scale equivalent of being a train enthusiast. So much weird and non-typical behavior just because it is a boat launch, it can be a fascinating view of human psychology.

I was launching this spring. A co-worker was getting the boat off the trailer via the lines as I backed down the ramp. Boat got hung up all sideways on the trailer cause co-worker was a rookie (first timer, understandable, forgiven) and some random dude runs down to the dock, "Hey I got you buddy!", drops his shoes and jumps into waist deep water and helps straighten the boat, gets it off the trailer. gently caress yeah, thanks for the assist guy!

Other people will be complete lunatics. Seen people forget drain plugs, boat starts sinking as soon as its in the water. Seen people forget the straps that hold the boat to the trailer so the boat does not float because there is 1000 lb trailer still attached to it. Normal stuff. But then there are people that lose their head over it. Guy is waiting to launch their boat, some moron is down there sinking their boat, and person has zero patience and freaks the gently caress out screaming at the person (that is already dealing with the fact/embarrassment of sinking their boat) to the point of having to wonder if a fist fight is going to break out. Chill, the rookie will be out of there in 10 minutes, you'll get to launch next tough guy...

Also, on the weed thing... There is a sheriff's dock/boat at one launch that is popular and busy through summer. If the sheriff boat is out, then you know with absolute certainty that there will be zero police presence throughout the day until they return. Good views, funny poo poo happening, no cops, great place to smoke some weed.

Some people just go to chill and eat during their lunch hour at my ramp. Nothing nefarious just a good view without sitting in unbearable heat.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop

Burt Sexual posted:

Some people just go to chill and eat during their lunch hour at my ramp. Nothing nefarious just a good view without sitting in unbearable heat.

:airquote:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Very possible they get high, their too chill to break into my boat then.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"Whatcha think you're doing down here at the launch?"
Oh! Uh! Nothing, Officer...just...chilling out on my lunch. ...Minding my own business.
"Don't see you eating anything"
On my phone is all *holds it up to show the officer "Suspicious Activity At Boat Launches" thread*

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop

Burt Sexual posted:

Very possible they get high, their too chill to break into my boat then.

Yeah, that's one thing you have to add about magical boat launches. Be certain to lock your car. Also like the parking lot at a trail-head for hiking. Lots of unlocked cars in a small area. I never lock my car at a grocery store, but at marinas and boat launches, heck yea. That's kind of funny actually.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Oh my GOD, Officer! I'm SO sorry, it...it's not what it looks like, I swear, here! *swipes over to 'Look at this Pigs Balls' thread to show the cop instead*

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Big Beef City posted:

"Whatcha think you're doing down here at the launch?"
Oh! Uh! Nothing, Officer...just...chilling out on my lunch. ...Minding my own business.
"Don't see you eating anything"
On my phone is all *holds it up to show the officer "Suspicious Activity At Boat Launches" thread*

lol

I used to have smoke spots all over the local area and most of them were boat launches in case I had to ditch the j or the b. Man I miss those days

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Give a man a fish .nd you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and he won't stop speculating about me sitting in my blacked out car at the marina!

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Black Tinted Cars (BTC) are not just cars with a black tinted windows as you may have been told. They are, in fact, autonomous agents -- lifeforms -- created by New World Order (NWO) agencies via nanobiotechnology. Their primary purpose is to spy on the activities of average citizens in order to gather tactical information and discover "subversives" who are not bowing to the will of the Liberati's UN-backed Federal Government. Furthermore, when the NWO Invasion takes place in the not-too-distant future, they will round up citizens for internment in concentration camps or carry out the elimination of the more vocally anti-Liberati.

Black Tinted Cars have a complex reproductive cycle with different phases. They start out as seed crystals that are injected into a biological host organism -- typically cattle but occasionally humans -- by either human technicians or other Black Tinted Cars. It has also been theorized that seed crystals have been sprayed from military and possibly civil aircraft in the form of so-called "chemtrails", which then enter the body of a host via the food and/or water supply or direct dermal contact. The inoculated seed crystal uses nanobiotechnology -- which incorporates nano-scale self-manufacturing robotics with biological control systems created using genetic engineering -- to grow with material synthesized from the host's organs. After being injected into the head of a cattle, typically the seed crystal enters the blood stream where it travels to the intestines, along the way gathering various needed compounds from different systems. Once there, it quickly develops into a Microscopic Black Tinted Car (MBTC).

These small and simplified versions of BTCs will either stay in the host and continue growing to maturity or they will sometimes exit the body at this stage, usually burrowing through the skin. MBTCs that grow to maturity in their hosts will later go on to become the full size BTCs that most people report seeing. After a few weeks, the MBTC grows large enough (about 20-30 cm in length,) that it bursts forth from the guts of its host. This artificial live birth leaves the host organism dead and is the source of most cattle mutilations. Bursting is usually timed so that it occurs at night, providing cover of darkness. After the burst, the new BTC takes a few minutes for its wheels to harden before drive off. Once old enough to burst from its host, it has the ability to gather further minerals and proteins from its environment, allowing it to grow to full mature size.

These macroscopic BTC that have not yet reached their full mature size are called Juvenile Black Tinted Cars (JBTC). They can be found in wildernesses or on the outskirts of civilization, avoiding human observation and biding their time while they grow. If discovered by persons or agents unaligned with the NWO, JBTCs may react violently to eliminate any witnesses; however, since many are equipped with psychotron organs grown from environmental aluminum compounds or beer cans scavenged from road sides, they may instead simply cause short- to mid-term memory loss in observers before escaping, resulting in the phenomenon known as "lost time", which is often mistakenly attributed to UFO abduction. (Note: if the JBTC discovers that the observer is wearing an AFDB, thus making psychotronically induced memory loss impossible, violence will most certainly ensue.) Additionally, some smaller sized JBTCs are known to camouflage themselves as pigeons, squirrels, and other woodland or urban creatures by covering themselves with the outer casings of animals they killed for organic building materials, allowing them to spy on citizens in broad daylight.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Fried Watermelon posted:

Black Tinted Cars (BTC) are not just cars with a black tinted windows as you may have been told. They are, in fact, autonomous agents -- lifeforms -- created by New World Order (NWO) agencies via nanobiotechnology. Their primary purpose is to spy on the activities of average citizens in order to gather tactical information and discover "subversives" who are not bowing to the will of the Liberati's UN-backed Federal Government. Furthermore, when the NWO Invasion takes place in the not-too-distant future, they will round up citizens for internment in concentration camps or carry out the elimination of the more vocally anti-Liberati.

Black Tinted Cars have a complex reproductive cycle with different phases. They start out as seed crystals that are injected into a biological host organism -- typically cattle but occasionally humans -- by either human technicians or other Black Tinted Cars. It has also been theorized that seed crystals have been sprayed from military and possibly civil aircraft in the form of so-called "chemtrails", which then enter the body of a host via the food and/or water supply or direct dermal contact. The inoculated seed crystal uses nanobiotechnology -- which incorporates nano-scale self-manufacturing robotics with biological control systems created using genetic engineering -- to grow with material synthesized from the host's organs. After being injected into the head of a cattle, typically the seed crystal enters the blood stream where it travels to the intestines, along the way gathering various needed compounds from different systems. Once there, it quickly develops into a Microscopic Black Tinted Car (MBTC).

These small and simplified versions of BTCs will either stay in the host and continue growing to maturity or they will sometimes exit the body at this stage, usually burrowing through the skin. MBTCs that grow to maturity in their hosts will later go on to become the full size BTCs that most people report seeing. After a few weeks, the MBTC grows large enough (about 20-30 cm in length,) that it bursts forth from the guts of its host. This artificial live birth leaves the host organism dead and is the source of most cattle mutilations. Bursting is usually timed so that it occurs at night, providing cover of darkness. After the burst, the new BTC takes a few minutes for its wheels to harden before drive off. Once old enough to burst from its host, it has the ability to gather further minerals and proteins from its environment, allowing it to grow to full mature size.

These macroscopic BTC that have not yet reached their full mature size are called Juvenile Black Tinted Cars (JBTC). They can be found in wildernesses or on the outskirts of civilization, avoiding human observation and biding their time while they grow. If discovered by persons or agents unaligned with the NWO, JBTCs may react violently to eliminate any witnesses; however, since many are equipped with psychotron organs grown from environmental aluminum compounds or beer cans scavenged from road sides, they may instead simply cause short- to mid-term memory loss in observers before escaping, resulting in the phenomenon known as "lost time", which is often mistakenly attributed to UFO abduction. (Note: if the JBTC discovers that the observer is wearing an AFDB, thus making psychotronically induced memory loss impossible, violence will most certainly ensue.) Additionally, some smaller sized JBTCs are known to camouflage themselves as pigeons, squirrels, and other woodland or urban creatures by covering themselves with the outer casings of animals they killed for organic building materials, allowing them to spy on citizens in broad daylight.

Look man, just keep the back end of the boat away from the dock. Use your drat foot like I said, just push it.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
*miniature jeep, all of windows tinted black, bursts forth from a cows rear end in a top hat*

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I would pay to watch this b movie.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Probably hired protection. I have seen as many heated arguements at boat ramps as I have at divr bars.

Anyone who gets their trailer in the water, then proceeds to unload all their garbage poo poo from their SUV into their boat should be drown at the ramp and their bloated corpses left as a warning to all the other clueless cunts of the world

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Where else am I supposed to smoke weed when I’m visiting my boyfriend’s parents, OP?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Have you ever seen anyone inside one of these cars OP? It could be like a Christine situation where the victim took a boat out to get away from the evil car, but they're still there, waiting for them to come back

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
You open the car's door, the one with black abysses in place of windows. For a moment you see endless alien vistas, then you get out of the car and you are at a public boat ramp.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
just another example of big public boat ramp muscling out all of the competition

i want to park my car suspiciously by the boat ramp at night but now i cant and its all because of these goddamn regulations

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Why don't you mind your own goddamn business OP

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
About a decade ago, another PhD student and I went on a big research road-trip from southern Ontario to the SE USA. We were sampling aquatic invertebrates - mostly amphipods - that live in shallow bodies of fresh water; we had overlapping research projects so our advisors put us together to share costs. Our rental car was a black-on-black Pontiac Grand Prix from Enterprise rentals.

We spent a lot of time near public boat ramps, wading into the reeds at the edge of the water with big dipnets to grab little critters. Boat ramps provide good access to the water and you can see most of the snakes and alligators before you actually step into the water. Places like this.

Bridges are also good, they always have a road (usually unpaved, often too steep or muddy for our car) leftover from construction and still used often enough by maintenance (and hobos / criminals / people fishing [not mutually exclusive categories]) to keep them easily accessible.

We'd often park, get our nets, and wander off along the shore. Sometimes there would be another person nearby, almost always fishing (or pretending to fish). We were usually out of sight of the car for about 30 minutes, so plenty of time for the OP or somebody similarly paranoid to speculate about us and our car with foreign license plates.

Thanks OP, I like the thought that we caused some intensification of some poor bastard's insane paranoia regarding his favourite turtle-squashing place.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Burt Sexual posted:

Party at Burt's pad

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Went fishing at two different parks yesterday. The first one was early morning. A Mustang with tinted windows (WTW) pulled up for about 5 minutes then left. Went to a meeting and then came back out to the lake in the afternoon at a park much further from the urban side of the lake that I usually go to and spent the afternoon and evening there. I was fishing away from the parking lot and didn't have the chance to see any cars, but I had good seats for a developing domestic dispute between 2 kayakers that went from 0-60 in about 5 minutes.

I've always wanted a boat to open up locations for fishing, but now I'm starting to realize one of the major benefits is not having to deal with creepy people while bank fishing

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I dunno nothin about no cars at no boat ramps and you ain't neither if you know whats good for you.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Willfrey posted:

Probably hired protection. I have seen as many heated arguements at boat ramps as I have at divr bars.

Anyone who gets their trailer in the water, then proceeds to unload all their garbage poo poo from their SUV into their boat should be drown at the ramp and their bloated corpses left as a warning to all the other clueless cunts of the world

Probated for saying oval office? Goddamn me and my potty mouth

Edit: Cant change my mind, boat ramp squatters are cunts.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

hi. i am the op and i've never smoked weed or had sex. well, see you.

Amicus curiae
May 31, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gaunab posted:

Sometimes I wish I was ran over by a random car but knowing my luck I'd be left in a coma aware of the outside world.

I wanted euthanasia but they wouldn't give it to me. It's bullshit and seems illegal.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Back when craigslist existed I can tell you from experience that the boat launch by the woods in my town was absolutely a major spot for bringing your hookup and loving in the car

To the point where we'd go there but be unable to do stuff because there were too many other couples around

Amicus curiae
May 31, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Let's just say what happens at the boat launch stays at the boat launch.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Amicus curiae posted:

Let's just say what happens at the boat launch stays at the boat launch.
because of the implications

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Military dudes and various middle-class minorities love flashy domestics at a way higher rate than the average goon living in a white professional bubble would ever encounter I think. White people are kind of over cars but there's a huge car culture still.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

shovelbum posted:

Military dudes and various middle-class minorities love flashy domestics at a way higher rate than the average goon living in a white professional bubble would ever encounter I think. White people are kind of over cars but there's a huge car culture still.

Lol wtf is this poo poo

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

As a white, let me share with you my observations on middle-class minorities and their flashy domestic cars

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Willfrey posted:

one of the weakest probs of all time

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Willfrey posted:

Meet me at the boat ramp nearest by you it's very important

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

one of the weakest probs of all time

Hold my beer.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
He finally went mad with power