Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I was making a fried bologna sandwich and I got popped by the olive oil I drizzled in the pan. I'm not sure who's culpable and I'm not sure who's the juiciest target amongst the guilty.

Some details:

- the olive oil was generic Food Lion brand
- the bologna was Oscar Mayer
- the stove was a Hotpoint
- I don't remember what brand the pan is
- I put a little mayo and a lot of spicy brown mustard on the sandwich
- this took place in my apartment so maybe my landlord? I'm not sure how rich they are though

Potential problems:

- the only witness was my cat
- I enjoyed the sandwich even if I was dealing with considerable anxiety over what to do about this situation

I know a lot of you love Law and Order so I'd appreciate any advice you can give, thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
Sounds like you're going to jail OP.

Klauser
Feb 24, 2006
You got a dick with that problem!?!
Well this thread will be exhibit A in the case against you so good job.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I was making a fried bologna sandwich and I got popped by the olive oil I drizzled in the pan. I'm not sure who's culpable and I'm not sure who's the juiciest target amongst the guilty.

Some details:

- the olive oil was generic Food Lion brand
- the bologna was Oscar Mayer
- the stove was a Hotpoint
- I don't remember what brand the pan is
- I put a little mayo and a lot of spicy brown mustard on the sandwich
- this took place in my apartment so maybe my landlord? I'm not sure how rich they are though

Potential problems:

- the only witness was my cat
- I enjoyed the sandwich even if I was dealing with considerable anxiety over what to do about this situation

I know a lot of you love Law and Order so I'd appreciate any advice you can give, thanks in advance.

Assume the position and wait, we'll be there soon. Also, leave a toy out for the cat.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Unfortunately, I see no legal recourse.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Had you allowed a grease fire to consume your abode, you could have easily sued the builder, oven manufacturer or landlord.

We have no other recourse than to reverse sue you for wasting the forum's time.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Sounds like you might have been a little negligent OP. Food Lion tells me that you’re in North Carolina, where contributory negligence is a complete bar to a lawsuit. sorry

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
your options are to immediately get a lawyer because your cat is going to sue you for being stupid and smelly. cats know all about stupid and smelly, so it's a slam dunk case.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

when i make those i just put huge globs of mayo in the pan and let the bologna simmer in that for a while, then dump it out in a bowl and eat it

sounds like you should learn how to cook

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

goethe.cx posted:

Sounds like you might have been a little negligent OP. Food Lion tells me that you’re in North Carolina, where contributory negligence is a complete bar to a lawsuit. sorry

I'm not in NC so I'm gonna go ahead and say it's safe to disregard everything you say in this thread.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

your options are to immediately get a lawyer because your cat is going to sue you for being stupid and smelly. cats know all about stupid and smelly, so it's a slam dunk case.

My cat is a complete and total bro and would never do that. He did kind of look at me like he thought I was a big baby when I got popped by the oil, though. Not gonna lie, that hurt more than the oil did.

Tom Gorman posted:

sounds like you should learn how to cook

Sounds like you should shut the heck up!!!

Good advice so far guys keep 'em comin'.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Your options are death or BOOGA-BOOGA

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sorry OP but legally the photons that reflected of your bad post hit my eyes with such violence that I'm feeling hurt, mentally drained and quite honestly in despair (and that's not even talking about the post itself) so according to the libertarian NAP I'm justified in emptying 4000 20mm depleted uranium rounds into you from a black market chaingun, unless you pay me 69420 bitcoins right this instant.

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't know why you didn't take this straight to Leonard J Krabs honestly.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I think the best option would be to contact the manufacturers of the bologna, olive oil, bread and spicy mustard and get a round table sort of thing going.

Generate complex charts and graphs, as well as an exhausting PowerPoint detailing your ordeal, and the emotional toll it's taken on you and your cat.

Use this material as leverage in a threat to pursue legal action against them in civil court.

You might not have much of a case, but the strategy is to get one or more culpable companies to settle out of court for various undisclosed amounts.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Rad-daddio posted:

I think the best option would be to contact the manufacturers of the bologna, olive oil, bread and spicy mustard and get a round table sort of thing going.

Generate complex charts and graphs, as well as an exhausting PowerPoint detailing your ordeal, and the emotional toll it's taken on you and your cat.

Use this material as leverage in a threat to pursue legal action against them in civil court.

You might not have much of a case, but the strategy is to get one or more culpable companies to settle out of court for various undisclosed amounts.

this needs to be a mod challenge

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Sue your mom for raising such a little baby.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
http://www.netherlands-tourism.com/hague/

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
don't make any sudden movements when SWAT blows through your door, OP. it'll benefit your body in the long-run i promise.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
OP are you living in a country that has the death penalty (DP)? If so, you should get the hell out right away. Even if they don't have it in your state, they'll make it happen.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

this is why you eat the bologna cold straight out of the package like Jesus asks us to in the Bible instead of whatever pan-fry-protestantism garbage this is

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Sue your parents for letting you develop such garbage taste in food.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

BETTER DEAD THAN BREAD

DOWN WITH SANDWICH MAKING HEATHENS

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Mooey Cow posted:

OP are you living in a country that has the death penalty (DP)? If so, you should get the hell out right away. Even if they don't have it in your state, they'll make it happen.

you wouldn't believe how many under-the-table extradition treaties have been negotiated just to get degenerates like OP into capital punishment states.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
*in extremely opposing counsel voice* Mr Henrytaint, can you confirm where you were on the morning of the 22nd of July, when my client, Mr Mayer, was being seared in a frying pan on your Hotpoint stove?

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

you're approaching this wrong. you have to sue the person who taught you to fry like a dipshit.

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
Since you're clearly a simpleton who can't be trusted with lunch meats I'll give you a tip. Bologna doesn't need to be fried in oil. Just put it in a hot pan. Do you heat up olive oil when you want to fry bacon too? Wait, don't try that. Frying bacon would probably mean you dead on the floor from grease burns and smoke inhalation.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Insanity plea, op. Ottherwise big olive will crush you like an ant

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Ha ha, holy poo poo, America.

wikipedia posted:

The bologna sandwich, fried or unfried, is a regional specialty in the Midwest, Appalachia, and the South.
"Oui monsieur, ze house red is a cheeky little Merlot, and might I recommend ze speciality of ze region: zome minced pig parts between two slices of bread. It eez ze chef's speciality."

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 32 minutes!

Jay_Zombie posted:

Sounds like you're going to jail OP.

That's a good first post, lol.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Sunswipe posted:

"Oui monsieur, ze house red is a cheeky little Merlot, and might I recommend ze speciality of ze region: zome minced pig parts between two slices of bread. It eez ze chef's speciality."

Not my joke but, I've always wanted to open a teppanyaki/ Southern BBQ themed restaurant in Asia where its just a guy with a tank top on standing over a Weber grill and asks you if you want a hot dog or hamburger. The chef won't do the onion volcano but you can get the same kind of show by watching him squeeze an entire bottle of lighter fluid on the charcoal.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

You drive to the store. You get on a motorized scooter. You pick the meat up from the deli section pre-caught, pre-killed, pre-sliced and pre-packaged. You go home, throw it on a pan, wait a few minutes and eat it. There is no thrill, there is no chase, there is no struggle to sustain your own life like our ancestors struggled on the prairie every day. I believe we lost some connection to our collective past and our own better natures when we lost the threat of danger so that's why I fry bacon naked

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I attach a virgin package of bacon to a Roomba and hunt it with a spear to feed that primordial hunter instinct. So far, I haven't come empty handed from a hunt...

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Sunswipe posted:

Rest of world, well known for not eating minced pork on bread.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
The entire Islamic world erupts in jeers

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Colonel Cancer posted:

The entire Islamic world erupts in jeers

haram whale holy grail

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Big Beef City posted:

Rest of world, well known for not eating minced pork on bread.

Most places tend not to make the most basic sandwich imaginable and proclaim it to be their speciality. Seriously, come the gently caress on. Have some loving ambition.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

You put the oil in there you should sue yourself

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Sunswipe posted:

Most places tend not to make the most basic sandwich imaginable and proclaim it to be their speciality. Seriously, come the gently caress on. Have some loving ambition.

no

it's not seriously a 'regional specialty' you can't be that stupid

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Your legal options are to go to jail for eating bologna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Your best alternative to a negotiated agreement is suicide, OP.