Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What does The O.C Stand For?
This poll is closed.
Original Club 7 5.11%
(same) Old Crap 29 21.17%
Orange Cassidy's Fan Club 60 43.80%
Don't call it that 41 29.93%
Total: 105 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

is wwe trying to appeal to the younger crowd or no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

All of the 'legends' looked so sad to have to be there

Paraded around for a 2.34

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I disagree with the idea that WWE just has no idea how to book women.

WWE has no idea how to book anyone.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I just disagree because the storytelling is poo poo. But uh, that's a bit cyclical all said and told. I really doubt you'll ever get a fantastic women's division in WWE and it's not just Dunn or whatever. They just have no idea how to write these women.

Its almost certainly a Dunn and Vince problem. You have two very interesting stories going on in NXT right now, and they are both spotlighted well, on top of NXT having less TV time in general.

You have Yim/Baszler as the title program which is admittedly cold/lukewarm at best, but still better than the main roster title programs by a wide margin.

And then you have Shirai/LeRae, which has a decent amount of heat, and one could argue is more interesting than the actual title program.

And then waiting in the wings you have Dakota, Tegan, and Bianca ready (or almost ready) to slide into storylines down the line.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jul 23, 2019

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

Dave mentioned on WOR that Seth and DX spot was originally going to be Ricochet and DX.

Problem is that Ricochet has to have something in his elbow replaced, so he wasn't cleared for in ring action.

Also #GiveWWEWomenAChance was trending on twitter lol.

Uh, I'm going to guess he said Ricochet has an elbow injury and was replaced in the segment, not he's having his elbow changed.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Cavauro posted:

WWE has no idea who the gently caress they're trying to appeal to.

DarkstarIV posted:

Its almost certainly a Dunn and Vince problem. You have two very interesting stories going on in NXT right now, and they are both spotlighted well, on top of NXT having less TV time in general.

You have Yim/Baszler as the title program which is admittedly cold/lukewarm at best, but still better than the main roster title programs by a wide margin.

And then you have Shirai/LeRae, which has a decent amount of heat, and one could argue is more interesting than the actual title program.

And then waiting in the wings you have Dakota, Tegan, and Bianca ready (or almost ready) to slide into storylines down the line.

I'll give you Shirai/LeRae (which I like a lot), but Yim/Baszler is just kind of what I expect from Raw these days. Bianca should moving in soon. It may be Dunn/Vince at the top, but that group of writers also just has no idea what they want to do with anybody. Hence:

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I disagree with the idea that WWE just has no idea how to book women.

WWE has no idea how to book anyone.

yeah, this.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
That skeleton theme is an odd choice for DX merchandise, but I guess it's honest! 'cuz they OLD

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

HHH continuing his sad laughable attempts to be cool when the last DX run was loving awful and "the Club" really isn't anywhere close to their former selves. Watching the old Machine Gun/Devitt stuff and their promos about "PUTTIN' A BAG ON HIS FOOKIN HEAD AND PULLING THE TRIGGER" they were so loving great and I wish they would lean into ice-cold killer Balor since he has more manic charisma than AJ, who has more of a sarcastic careless heel attitude. Balor is the guy you want for the chief villain.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

WWE only tries to appeal to Vincent Kennedy McMahon

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

bradzilla posted:

WWE only tries to appeal to Vincent Kennedy McMahon

At this point, I'm not even sure if they can manage to do that. Hence, XFL reboot because Vince is bored.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
They made Austin fellate the company for 5 minutes and he still came off a million times cooler than anyone else on the show, goddamn.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Well, I'm glad Ted Dibiase finally won a singles title

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cavauro posted:

Yep, Vince has decided it's finally time to give those young'uns in the 45-54 bracket their chance to shine.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DeathChicken posted:

Well, I'm glad Ted Dibiase finally won a singles title

DiBiase was a 2-time Million Dollar champion :colbert:

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Incessant Excess posted:

They made Austin fellate the company for 5 minutes and he still came off a million times cooler than anyone else on the show, goddamn.

It’s because he sounded like a regular guy turned way up. He wasn’t using all the horrible WWE verbiage.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Aphrodite posted:

Uh, I'm going to guess he said Ricochet has an elbow injury and was replaced in the segment, not he's having his elbow changed.

Yes, Dave said elbow infection.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The best part of the show was still "Crap, I forgot Billy!"

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I laughed at Truth absconding with Drake's wife and the Million Dollar Man. That's it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

WWE's answer to Moxley kidnapping/adopting Shota is going to be R-Truth kidnapping/adopting The Million Dollar Man.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

"If anybody has a problem with me being the 24/7 Champion they can take it up to my face, because I won't be Champion very long!"

..That's from the raw recap and that can't be right, right? That sounds so atrocious.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

She said it, but it was because the storyline was that she was intending to dump the title in the trashcan like she did the WWF Women's Title back in the mid-90s.

Meltzer pointed out on the latest WOR just how pathetic it is that Vince is still hung up on that even after all this time, and how thin-skinned he is despite doing far worse far more often to far more people over the decades himself.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tokamak posted:

Smart enough to not say the exact illegal poo poo you did in Africa, but dumb enough to mention it on live TV.

This reminds me, Luke Gallows from years and years ago had a really incredible story about working somewhere in Nigeria.

(Skip to 4:17)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFyYkzRwf2U

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Jerusalem posted:

Meltzer pointed out on the latest WOR just how pathetic it is that Vince is still hung up on that even after all this time, and how thin-skinned he is despite doing far worse far more often to far more people over the decades himself.

It was so pathetic, the only people who give any poo poo about it at all all work for WWE.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
The Big Dogg.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

Because it was the opposite of well done

:wow:

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
This needs a "Heel constantly reminds Becky of the time Seth had a romance with a Nazi" storyline. Vince, call me...

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lmao im so glad i just read the recap instead of watching this poo poo. thank you brave posters for your service.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Codependent Poster posted:

The best part of the show was still "Crap, I forgot Billy!"

I liked Cole saying "That is indeed a trashcan" while looking directly into the camera.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I remember asking several months ago in the questions thread "why do people still watch this horrific dogshit" and got a kind of defensive/flippant "different people like different things" response so I would like to ask again

why do people still watch this horrific dogshit

if you're in it to see how bad the trainwreck can get between now and october then yeah sure I guess, it just seems like a lot of time to invest in a bad tv show to laugh at the old man with dementia ruining his own company

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

TriffTshngo posted:

I remember asking several months ago in the questions thread "why do people still watch this horrific dogshit" and got a kind of defensive/flippant "different people like different things" response so I would like to ask again

if you're in it to see how bad the trainwreck can get between now and october then yeah sure I guess, it just seems like a lot of time to invest in a bad tv show to laugh at the old man with dementia ruining his own company

My guess would be inertia for a large majority. "Well I always watch this, can't change my routine!"

I admit when I stopped watching, the first week my brain was trying to tell me "you're supposed to be watching wwe right now" but that went away very quickly.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
austin sucking the collective cock of the wwe was one of the saddest things that i have ever watched, the attitude era finally died for me and i dont want to see scsa on tv anymore.
between his dogshit promo and his segment with the old fucks seth rollins is a loving loser.

nobody cares or remember about loving alundra blyze, its madusa miceli for fucks sake

also right now the wwe legit doesnt have anything over aew, their titles are worthless, their feuds are idiotic or heatless, their tag team division is a joke, their women division is like what 4 people right now? its loving scary

also nxt doesnt do anything that njpw does except worse

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jul 23, 2019

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

TriffTshngo posted:

I have that time. I'll always have time for a good death-spiral.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

also nxt doesnt do anything that njpw does except worse

at one point I'd say NXT legit was the best at what they did but it has really fallen off to the point where I wouldn't dream of putting it on the level NJPW is on this year

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there was no joy on that show, it looked like the last wwe tv would look.

old fucks reliving their glory days while they crash into the iceberg or something like that

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I always like to think back to this fan impression of SCSA doing an ad read for Prey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdViN6fY3ZA

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/SamiZayn/status/1153687395226804224

:hmmyes:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

reignofevil posted:

I have that time. I'll always have time for a good death-spiral.

From the sidelines, same. Checking the Internet's nothing

In terms of actually watching stuff? TV's never been better imo

Sundays I have Euphoria (and for one more week this year NOS4A2), Mondays I have Legion, Tuesdays I have Pose. And that's just this season!
The rest of the year has premieres of Creepshow, The Witcher, Harley Quinn, Watchmen, The Mandalorian, and of course AEW that I'm excited for all of, and that's just stuff that's premiering

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

bradzilla posted:

My guess would be inertia for a large majority. "Well I always watch this, can't change my routine!"

I admit when I stopped watching, the first week my brain was trying to tell me "you're supposed to be watching wwe right now" but that went away very quickly.

i only started watching again after last years summerslam. aside from watching an episode of raw once and a while during the attitude era, i havent followed at all since wrestlemania 10. i guess i kept watching cause i loved this poo poo growing up and the initial rush of WHOA ITS THAT THING I LOVED AS A KID wore off quickly after a few months. brock lesners music hitting at the last mitb was my official "wow this loving sucks" breaking point.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if AEW started next monday it would beat wwe rear end so bad it wouldnt be even funny

just think about it it starts with a joshi showcase while becky and natalie are babbling about whatever the gently caress
a lucha brothers match
page vs pac

holy gently caress it would be good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

I always like to think back to this fan impression of SCSA doing an ad read for Prey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdViN6fY3ZA

someone needs to tell this guy that occasionally throwing in a "hell yeah" does not a Stone Cold impression make