Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose side are you on????
This poll is closed.
I am a proud Carls Boy 29 27.62%
I am a Southern Hardees Dandy 24 22.86%
Goku 52 49.52%
Total: 105 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2018/06/19/hardees-carls-jr-split-fast-food-shakeup/715586002/

After years and years of one vision Carls Jr and Hardees are splitting up, with Carls Jr aiming to appeal to the "Young hungry man" and Hardees appealing to its "Traditional Southern Base". I ask you goons, whose side do you take in this nasty divorce?

I'm a Carls Jr. man myself, gotta love those 4,500 calorie gimmick burgers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I haven’t eaten at either for years. I wish them luck in their divorce though

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i prefer carls s'junior's hamburgers and lumber

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice
lol "Traditional Southern Base"

just say fat racists

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Westcoast names of fast food joints are the only real names.

WTF IS A CHECKERS? Or a HARDEES?

It's Rally's and Carls Jr.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

ArchNemesis posted:

lol "Traditional Southern Base"

just say fat racists

Yeah I'd have more respect for them if they just admitted their "homestyle southern cooking" was clearly a tenant of Southern fascism.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

That's sorta odd that they're doing a north/south split thing since the divide of what they are runs vertically from the dakotas down through Louisiana (meaning it's more of an east/west split in the country). Like the rust belt is all Hardee's, too, I think, not just southern states.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Florida is geographically further south than the true southern states. I think that's what they are getting at

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I used to love eating the ten cent hamburgers my mom would buy from Hardee’s out of our refrigerator for an entire week

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
In-N-Out Double Double Animal Style With Peppers, Extra Crispy FRIES, Lemon-Up

bitch!!!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

The closest Carl’s Jr to me is like 20 minutes away on a highway in the middle of nowhere :whitewater:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I. M. Gei posted:

The closest Carl’s Jr to me is like 20 minutes away on a highway in the middle of nowhere :whitewater:

Maybe it's haunted by the ghost of good food

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Carl's Jr. The western bacon cheeseburger is my guilty pleasure qnd my cheat meal once a month.

Hardee's just has a bunch of weird sourdough hamburgers or whatever.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

the only time i go to Hardees is when I have one of those huge coupon books that girl scouts sell. most of the coupons in those suck but the ones for Hardees are the bomb.

they're like "Free bacon thickburger and curly fries" and there's like 5-6 of them in there.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
carls jr and the west coast can lick my scrum. hardees has the best fast food onion rings

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

hardees has one of the best fastfood breakfasts.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I live in Minnesota and only know Hardee's. Lmao at it being a southern fast food place.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I remember when CJ's had 6 dollar burgers, as in they would be 6 dollars anywhere else but they are cheaper here. Then they went past the actual 6 dollar price point and rebranded to thickburgers, and now they're almost 10 bucks.

Also this article is a year old. I like that they went in a different direction with their ads. The forced sex appeal was obnoxious.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Big Beef City posted:

That's sorta odd that they're doing a north/south split thing since the divide of what they are runs vertically from the dakotas down through Louisiana (meaning it's more of an east/west split in the country). Like the rust belt is all Hardee's, too, I think, not just southern states.

Hardee’s: Explicitly racist
Carl’s Jr: Implicitly racist

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i worked at a hardees for about six months in high school. i feel this makes me an expert on the subject of this thread.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

the curly fries and onion rings are really good, at least at the one near me, yea.
Hell I'll do without the burger, just give me a curly fry and some bbq sauce and that's a meal on its own.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
They're still owned by the same parent company.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
"Hardee's"? Oh, you mean Burger Chef.

:corsair:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Carls Jr used to sell chili fries. One day they stopped. It was the worst day ever in that drive thru. Good thing it was right next to a Weinerschnitzle, so we just drove to that drive thru and got chili cheese fries while we ate our $6 burgers from Carls Jr.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I haven't had Hardees in years. Part of that was when my gamily moved to Indiana and they just stopped existing. I only know of one in north west Indiana and its in a truck stop off the Interstate. Out near Chicago they started making a come back a few years ago but most of them shut down. I can only think of one and its about 30 minutes away from me.

Growing up I was all about those Frisco burgers. I would always be sure to get one when I went back to Wisconsin to visit family. Their fries were really good too.

Do they still have the Monster Burger? As a kid just the burger itself was enough for a meal. It was a half pound of beef or something crazy like that.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Gimmie dat thicc burger

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Who gets custody of the curly fries??

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM killed Masen

Big Beef City posted:

That's what I was thinking. Living in Iowa most of my life, when I was 19 I was in Salt Lake and saw a Carl's Jr sign and was way confused. So I investigated by going to get some food and found out it was like the same place. So I don't know where they get this 'Southern' poo poo from. Also I didn't know it went so far out East.

E:

limp_cheese posted:

Do they still have the Monster Burger? As a kid just the burger itself was enough for a meal. It was a half pound of beef or something crazy like that.

I haven't had a Monster burger since like 90-something I think, but our Hardees closed and so I didn't eat at one for awhile. They were pretty good tho.

nesamdoom fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 23, 2019

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Only Carl's Jr exists here. They have a good lettuce wraps burger.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i worked at a hardees for about six months in high school. i feel this makes me an expert on the subject of this thread.

Talk about leaving the thread blue balled. You’re not going to share any of your vast expertise? GBS has a subject matter expert in its midst, and he refuses to divulge any information. :colbert:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

limp_cheese posted:

Growing up I was all about those Frisco burgers.

Yeah like mid 90's ish? They were very good then. They tried bringing them back maybe 5 year ago or so (I don't know, honestly I go there like two or three times a year and haven't been in a couple now I think), and they were BAD. Like I remember in during that early run, the buns were good and it was a good combo of burger to tomato and cheese. On the new 'frisco' style buns it's just straight wet slophouse.
I don't get why all fast food places now insist that all burgers pretty much other than 'regular cheeseburger value menu' must come literally dripping when you get them, I mean you shouldn't be able to actually wring the burger out or pour crap out of the box when you open it, it's fuckin nasty.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Wait, they had different menus? I thought the only difference was the regional name.

This like finding out 7 Eleven doesn't exist in Alabama

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Gotta throw in with Hardees cuz I'm on the east coast. I like their bacon egg and cheese biscuits. Don't bother with them for burgers though, it's all about Five Guys Burgers and Fries for that.

I hope they have an amicable split and that they both go on to bigger and better things. Corporations are people and we should nurture them and foster their growth.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Avatar and rap sheet checks out as a Hardees lover.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Hardee's has the the best biscuits (McDonald's biscuits are also good but they're more of an industrial anomaly not unlike pizza hut's pan crust)

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
Biscuits & Gravy Breakfast will make you useless the rest of the day. It's great

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

Yeah like mid 90's ish? They were very good then. They tried bringing them back maybe 5 year ago or so (I don't know, honestly I go there like two or three times a year and haven't been in a couple now I think), and they were BAD. Like I remember in during that early run, the buns were good and it was a good combo of burger to tomato and cheese. On the new 'frisco' style buns it's just straight wet slophouse.
I don't get why all fast food places now insist that all burgers pretty much other than 'regular cheeseburger value menu' must come literally dripping when you get them, I mean you shouldn't be able to actually wring the burger out or pour crap out of the box when you open it, it's fuckin nasty.

i can answer this one. it's because those are not fresh patties. they've been sitting in a plastic bucket half filled with au jus.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Hardee's isn't bad. It's no In-n-Out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

I've never had either one. A Carl's Jr opened up in what I think was a Long John Silver's and is now a Taco Bell. Which is the one with Aunt Sara? I pick that one (we have a doll).