Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Timby posted:

He ordered like $75 worth of food and drinks and tipped a buck.

That's like making an actual, physical effort to be an rear end in a top hat.

I hope you piss in his drinks the next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Shut up Meg posted:

That's like making an actual, physical effort to be an rear end in a top hat.

I hope you piss in his drinks the next time.

Oh, I haven't worked at that hotel since October 2015.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Timby posted:

He was in a bad mood because he owed his friend a meal but his friend insisted that the soup he ordered was not a meal.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Who What Now posted:

Except you can say whatever you want, as long as the audience thinks you're actually funny. Which is bad news for talentless hacks way past their prime like Jerry.

No, you can't. Careers are ruined very quickly in the age of twitter SJWs.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Timby posted:

hes trying to not support the servers drug habits, its good praxis

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...

Nuts and Gum posted:

As clearly evidenced by the 800 stand up comedians claiming you can't get away with saying anything anymore on their comedy special on the biggest streaming service on the globe where they say whatever they want.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It's honestly sad seeing an aging man cling to sarcasm so desperately, I know someone like this and it's extremely tiring.

Turn off your monitor in 20 years.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Nuts and Gum posted:

meanwhile Cum Town exists

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

kuddles posted:

As clearly evidenced by the 800 stand up comedians claiming you can't get away with saying anything anymore on their comedy special on the biggest streaming service on the globe where they say whatever they want.

They aren't saying anything they want, they all have the same thing to say: stop being so god drat sensitive. It's taking under represented minorities to say 'guys loving chill out'.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Nuts and Gum posted:

A better joke than any Jerry had made in the last two decades

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

There's plenty of successful edgy comedians who aren't run out of town (Anthony Jeselnik comes to mind) they just aren't huge assholes off stage and swing level or up, not down at already shat on groups.

It's almost like the comedians complaining about SJWs are just mean and not funny, idk.

Jerry Seinfeld has never been funny. Julia Louis-Dreyfus carried that show.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

13Pandora13 posted:

There's plenty of successful edgy comedians who aren't run out of town (Anthony Jeselnik comes to mind) they just aren't huge assholes off stage and swing level or up, not down at already shat on groups.

It's almost like the comedians complaining about SJWs are just mean and not funny, idk.

Jerry Seinfeld has never been funny. Julia Louis-Dreyfus carried that show.

Anthony Jeselnik is extremely good. And maybe it is just the 'hacks' burning out, but it's definitely a big swing in what's considered okay in comedy in a relatively short time.

I like Jerry. But you're not wrong about Julia, she and Jason A are a treasure.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

13Pandora13 posted:

It's mostly old unfunny comedians, to boot. The problem isnt that the landscape of comedy changed overnight, the problem is that they're assuming it's still the same as 1992.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
Jerry "Ephebophile" Seinfeld

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
i like jerry seinfeld

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
i saw his comedy act live like in 2004 it was pretty good, he took seinfield questions from the crowd after

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

On his show I don't think he or his guests thank or say please to wait staff even once. Only time they even speak to wait staff/non-millionaires is to make jokes at their expense

Just seems like a massive arsehole

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i could check but i'm gonna straight up say for sure that he says thanks to the waiter at least once, i think you pulled that fact out of your butt

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
He's a pedophile.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Seinfeld said in his interview with Norm something like "I don't give money to homeless people because then I'd be validating that they're never going to be anything more than that"

So maybe in his mind, tipping small is motivating a waiter to....work harder? Get a better job?

EDIT: Here it is, skip to 2:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJXdMhobCPw

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

He only gives a tip to 16 year old waitresses

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
My friend told me a story about the time he was at this lady's house. He was in the kitchen when this lady points out a picture on the fridge and says "Do you know who that is?" She points to a Polaroid picture taken in the dark and you can barely make out that it's the back of a man getting into a car. You couldn't see his face whatsoever and he says "No..." She smiled really wide and excitedly says "That's Jerry Seinfeld!" And that's my story that my friend told me about the time he saw a picture of Jerry Seinfeld's back on some refrigerator.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It is kind of amazing that Jerry Seinfeld and Jack Nicholson are still too powerful for the media to take them down

I can imagine the conversation in newsrooms when #MeToo became a thing

News guy: Jerry Seinfeld is a pedophile, should we look into that?

Head of TV Network: SEINFELD RERUNS STILL BRING IN GOOD RATINGS AND WE PAID OUT THE rear end FOR THEM - DON'T YOU DARE TAKE THAT MAN DOWN

News guy: But what about Cosby

Head of TV Network: HE'S BLACK, gently caress HIM

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

EugeneJ posted:

Seinfeld said in his interview with Norm something like "I don't give money to homeless people because then I'd be validating that they're never going to be anything more than that"

So maybe in his mind, tipping small is motivating a waiter to....work harder? Get a better job?

EDIT: Here it is, skip to 2:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJXdMhobCPw

Doesn't tip and is a pervert of the hide your kids variety. Serious norman is right, he's definitely a goon

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
He was must see TV about 21 years ago. Show him a little respect.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Jolo posted:

He was in a bad mood because he owed his friend a meal but his friend insisted that the soup he ordered was not a meal.

loving lol. Go figure that the guy who owns a fleet of Porsches tries to cheap out on buying his friend a meal that he owed.

Zane
Nov 14, 2007

EugeneJ posted:

It is kind of amazing that Jerry Seinfeld and Jack Nicholson are still too powerful for the media to take them down

I can imagine the conversation in newsrooms when #MeToo became a thing

News guy: Jerry Seinfeld is a pedophile, should we look into that?

Head of TV Network: SEINFELD RERUNS STILL BRING IN GOOD RATINGS AND WE PAID OUT THE rear end FOR THEM - DON'T YOU DARE TAKE THAT MAN DOWN

News guy: But what about Cosby

Head of TV Network: HE'S BLACK, gently caress HIM
before the media systematically tries to destroy someone an aggrieved party has to typically come forward first with an allegation of mistreatment

Zane fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jul 25, 2019

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Turn off your monitor in 20 years.

Idgi, I didn't post anything sarcastic.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Shut up Meg posted:

When you are rich and famous, it is utterly trivial to treat workers well. You have enough money to tip like a king and very little in the way of stress to put you in a bad mood.

To be in that position and not give them basic respect shows you to be a piece of utter poo poo.

My brother waited on Justin Timberlake once and said he was very nice and tipped well.

Justin Timberlake is better than Jerry Seinfeld. I mean we already knew that but here's second-hand anecdotal evidence to back up that fact.

Gibbon
Feb 22, 2004
chang chang!
Check out the comedians in cars episode with Eddie Murphy where both multimillionaires make fun of the homeless in LA a few times

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Zane posted:

before the media completely destroys someone an aggrieved party has to typically come forward first with an allegation of mistreatment

Is Drew Barrymore's entire adult career Hollywood's way of saying "sorry about Jack Nicholson raping you and getting you hooked on drugs when you were 12 - now please never speak of it again"?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

My brother waited on Justin Timberlake once and said he was very nice and tipped well.

Justin Timberlake is better than Jerry Seinfeld. I mean we already knew that but here's second-hand anecdotal evidence to back up that fact.

hosed up but true.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
This thread is anti semitic

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Donovan Trip posted:

This thread is anti dentite

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
I watched the one with Ellen the other day and the funniest part of the show was them constantly doing these camera shots of the really poo poo looking coffee they were drinking like it was supposed to make it look good?

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Why does Jerry got such a boner for Porsches anyway? Just overgrown VW beetles with dubious manifolds

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I've served/cooked for a few celebrities. Ethan Suplee and Travis Pastrana were nice and likable. Rob Schneider was nice, his wife has one of those personalities that lights up a room. Tony Scott didn't say a word, but someone at his table actually did a "Don't you know who you're talking to?" routine right in front of his face. There were some others. System of a Down and a bunch more of the Family Values Tour bands were the nicest and kept offering to just help us do our jobs. There were a few others but it's a list.

The coolest experience though was Parliament. They were playing next door so we shut down our restaurant so they could just get the place to themselves. We normally did Austrian food but the theater asked us to set up "chicken and pasta" instead. We made up a small buffet with smoked chicken, pasta bolognese, a vegan meal I forget, and some salad. They were like an hour late and we thought they weren't coming until one guy came in and started eating. He went back to the theater and got the whole band and entourage (George traveled with some of his family). Everybody was raving about the food, they freaked out when they saw we had bacon cinnamon rolls and practically cleared out our dessert freezer. George's grandkids were especially nice and we talked to them the most. George initially didn't say anything but talked to us later on and told us we cook chicken real good for white dudes. My boss from that job is a huge hippie who'd seen them a few times and talked with George about concerts he'd seen like twenty years prior. It was such a cool, memorable night.

Jerry Seinfeld has just never been funny to me. I've never been able to laugh at Seinfeld once, and while everyone said he invented his style of comedy, it really just seems more like Bill Cosby observational material that you can sell to the network TV crowd.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jul 25, 2019

Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008

Evil Agita posted:

Jerry may tell jokes, but he is no comedian.

I gotcha Evil Agita, sad more goons didn't get the reference :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
Jerry needs to grow up and start acting like an adult.