Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Spiderverse was as good as an animated superhero movie could realistically be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

The Protagonist posted:

im not re hosting this it won't last long

ps fuk u

This makes me sad

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Who What Now posted:

What's it like, being objectively wrong?

no I'm not saying it's bad. it's just clearly something meant for my little nephew and not me? it's fine

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
John Malkovich as the Vulture would have been :discourse:

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Tato posted:

I never saw the reboot because it looked terrible. The new ones are okay but they don't even feel like Spider-Man movies, more like Iron Man Jr movies.

I like the new ones but that's a fair criticism. That said, the scene in Homecoming that's a medley set to Blitzkrieg Bop of Spidey doing small good deeds and swinging around New York captured how Spider-Man should feel better than any of the other live action films did.

SpiderVerse is the best overall movie though

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Yes, nothing will touch SpiderVerse because you can have all the Spidey elements. You can have quippy Spider-Man that never shuts up during fights, genius scientist Spider-Man who invents stuff, high school loser Spider-Man with no confidence, etc. In the live action movies, Spider-Man can only ever be one of those things ever and the other two are off limits.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Kuato posted:

I saw Spider-Man 3 in the theater and have felt zero desire to ever watch it, or the other 2, since. Perhaps I’ll revisit them based on Goon enthusiasm. Although there’s so many layers of irony here I suspect most of the positive sentiment is to trick people into watching them again.

I like the new ones, and Into the Spiderverse was outstanding imo.

I love these movies without any irony. They're good campy fun and only the lamest of douchebags would say otherwise

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
The Raimi Spider-Man movies are my favorite Spider-Man movies. They have a certain feel that the new ones lack.

e: Into the Spider-Verse is good

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Tobeu Maguire's growing physical grossness really ruined those movies for me

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Sleeveless posted:

mediocre racist movie about how evil the roma are and then he came crawling back to Hollywood to make his lovely Oz prequel and now more than half a decade later he hasn't done a movie since.

WTF are you talking about? Drag me to hell was worth watching for the carpark fight alone.

Edit: And the wet t-shirt coffin fight.

fist4jesus fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jul 26, 2019

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Alfred Molina was such an inspired casting for doc ock, spiderverse rules ofc but Alfred plays the villain so perfectly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVfJxS0Bpp0
"You have a train to catch :smugdog: "

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Kazak posted:

Alfred Molina was such an inspired casting for doc ock, spiderverse rules ofc but Alfred plays the villain so perfectly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVfJxS0Bpp0
"You have a train to catch :smugdog: "

god this scenes a loving masterpiece. that beginning part where it's all in dock ock's sunglasses, throwing the minute and hour hands of that clock around, the train poo poo, spidey flying through that little opening in the overpass thingy, god drat so much cool poo poo happens and it still looks great.

and yeah alfred moilna was amazing.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Spiderverse is by some distance the best Spider-Man movie out there

Awful CompSloth
Dec 15, 2018

Vegetable posted:

I'd put 2 ahead of it. Spider verse is a close second

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Last Chance posted:

god this scenes a loving masterpiece. that beginning part where it's all in dock ock's sunglasses, throwing the minute and hour hands of that clock around, the train poo poo, spidey flying through that little opening in the overpass thingy, god drat so much cool poo poo happens and it still looks great.

and yeah alfred moilna was amazing.

It's such a well choreographed and dynamic fight. Hell every fight between the two in 2 showcases their best moves against one another. And the quips are appropriate rather than a mile a minute.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

And the moment later where the new yorkers carry Peter's body with such reverence perfectly captures the everyman core of spidermans appeal:

"He's just a kid"

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Spider-verse is the best because it explicitly holds New Yorkers with indifference if not outright scorn rather than having the "You mess with one of us you mess with all of us! USA! USA!' scene every other movie has used interchangeably.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Sleeveless posted:

Spider-verse is the best because it explicitly holds New Yorkers with indifference if not outright scorn rather than having the "You mess with one of us you mess with all of us! USA! USA!' scene every other movie has used interchangeably.

I can kinda understand why the first movie had this because is was so soon after 9/11. Like the earliest trailer for the movie had Spiderman suspending robbers and their getaway helicopter between the Twin Towers. But yes NYC and especially the NYPD should always be treated with contempt.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

"Would you like a piece of chocolate cake?"

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Gaz2k21 posted:

Spider-man 1 was played very safe but Spider-man 2 was Raimi with a little more freedom and its legit awesome, it sit's alongside X-men 2 as the best comic book movies to date (except Spider-man 2 sits higher as it wasn't directed by a nonce.)

Naw. It was okay for the time, but it's really not that good compared to new ones.

It takes itself way too seriously. Sometimes it's corny, but it's not really campy, and it's never even slightly funny. And the weird-rear end Jesus Savior Webbing Crucifiction scene is nonsense. Don't remember if it's one or two, but it was real bad.

Liked how Homecoming basically makes fun of it. He tries for the whole 'Webbing Crucifiction Save', but it doesn't work, he fucks it all up, Iron Man has to save him.

The new Spider-Man movies kick the poo poo out of Sam Raimi's Spider-man movies. They've a real sense of humor about it, which you're supposed to have with Spider-man. He's not a friggin' messianic savior-figure that unites the city in reverence and love for him.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Naw. It was okay for the time, but it's really not that good compared to new ones.

It takes itself way too seriously. Sometimes it's corny, but it's not really campy, and it's never even slightly funny. And the weird-rear end Jesus Savior Webbing Crucifiction scene is nonsense. Don't remember if it's one or two, but it was real bad.

Liked how Homecoming basically makes fun of it. He tries for the whole 'Webbing Crucifiction Save', but it doesn't work, he fucks it all up, Iron Man has to save him.

The new Spider-Man movies kick the poo poo out of Sam Raimi's Spider-man movies. They've a real sense of humor about it, which you're supposed to have with Spider-man. He's not a friggin' messianic savior-figure that unites the city in reverence and love for him.

Maybe a hero is someone who risks there lives and body to save people, many of those that distrust him and doing it completely altruistically. I wonder why, fraudulent hack Sam Raimi would put such a scene in his film?? I guess we will never know..

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Spiderman doesn't actually exist and thus cannot be anything but what he is in any given movie.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Kazak posted:

And the moment later where the new yorkers carry Peter's body with such reverence perfectly captures the everyman core of spidermans appeal:

"He's just a kid..."

"...A really old looking kid"

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Proud Rat Mom posted:

Maybe a hero is someone who risks there lives and body to save people, many of those that distrust him and doing it completely altruistically. I wonder why, fraudulent hack Sam Raimi would put such a scene in his film?? I guess we will never know..

We're talking about a character that already exists not some generic definition of what a "hero" might be

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

We're talking about a character that already exists not some generic definition of what a "hero" might be

Yeah a character who has been written in different shades a thousand times, whose 'quippy attitude' is just one part of a character which has the defining motivation of personal responsibility.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Kazak posted:

"He's just a kid"

AFewBricksShy posted:

lol im never going to not hear that added to the line now

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

AFewBricksShy posted:

Lol

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Vegetable posted:

Spiderverse did the whole "let's reference the first half of the movie to makes some emotional point" thing wayyyyy too hard

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Everything about Venom in 3 was awful awful awful. You cut him out, you have an infinitely better movie. It would still be a bad movie, but at least a bad movie with less garbage.

Now Tom Hardy's Venom was also a bad movie. At least, until the halfway point when Eddie bonds with Venom. Then it becomes stupidly entertaining.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

JK Fresco posted:

Tobeu Maguire's growing physical grossness really ruined those movies for me
He's just one of those actors that I just irrationally hate. I can't stand him in pretty much anything I've seen him in.
See also: Giovanni Ribisi and Juliette Lewis

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jul 26, 2019

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

AFewBricksShy posted:

He's just one of those actors that I just irrationally hate. I can't stand him in pretty much anything I've seen him in.
See also: Giovanni Ribisi and Juliette Lewis

This is the worst alignment chart

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I liked him in Pleasantville. I did not like him in Spider-Man, or anything else he’s ever been in.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

I like how even when he’s “evil” he’s still fundamentally a total dweeb

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I can't stop watching his fat face wobble

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Tato posted:

I can't stop watching his fat face wobble

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Tom Holland is a much better choice. I didn't like Andrew Garfield, he cried a lot. Plus I saw his Spiderman movies but don't remember anything about them

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

This is amazing. Unfortunately it’s too big to make my AV :(

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

AV:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005