Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Its constantly in the back of my mind, but Starship Creator Deluxe (ie: the one with the Prometheus, Akira and Oberth classes) doesn't play well with Windows 10 and I'm struggling to find a replacement as the narrator character for He Who Shall Not Be Named, and I'm sick of using Emperor Palpatine over and over again for poo poo.

Maybe have it be Colonel Bishop from Assault Horizon?

Or Larry Foulke? He looks like a ship commander I could not trust.

Regarding the LP so far, how was this not made canon? I mean, really. We didn’t get much in the way of Klingon POV during TNG (that I know of; I haven’t really watched TNG, rather, I have absorbed bits and pieces of it through some weird form of pop culture osmosis and by binging on Star Trek lore videos on YouTube), so it’s a shame that something like this wasn’t really explored during the show’s run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I think that they got around it by employing the use of the holodeck, this way it became a simulated story and stayed out of spin-off territory.

I suppose that’s as good a compromise one could make as any, though I really do wish it was canonized somehow.

quote:

There were a number of TNG episodes that delved more into the Klingon culture. But if you're looking for Klingon POV then DS9 is the place to go. Check out the episodes "Blood Oath," "The Sword Of Kahless" and "Once More Into The Breach." "Looking for par'Mach in All the Wrong Places" is also worth checking out, the Klingon focused storylines really ramped up after Worf joined the crew.

...I probably should stop faffing about and actually watch TNG and DS9 one of these nights. I keep meaning to, but something always comes up.