Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK

Oven Wrangler

Got an old Calico M-100S about a month ago from Gunbroker, doesn't run really at all so I ordered a new magazine and a couple small replacement parts. Hit submit on my order and then randomly clicked their twitter link at the top right.

https://calicofirearms.com/

https://twitter.com/CalicoLWS1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

my kinda ape posted:

Got an old Calico M-100S about a month ago from Gunbroker, doesn't run really at all so I ordered a new magazine and a couple small replacement parts. Hit submit on my order and then randomly clicked their twitter link at the top right.

https://calicofirearms.com/

https://twitter.com/CalicoLWS1

Woof. Lots of retweets of the Hodge twins, who I think I remember making funny workout videos or skits years and years ago but now look to have fully transitioned into conservative outrage Twitter.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

drat. I was really enjoying Ian's Calico videos.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Enter the woods, find a friend!

drat, when even loving TTAG gets it.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/rep-marjorie-taylor-greene-is-hurting-the-gun-rights-movement/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

tremendous guffaw @ the idea of a left wing media existing in any remotely significant capacity in America tho

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

One day I will be happy
every day

Capn Beeb posted:

drat, when even loving TTAG gets it.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/rep-marjorie-taylor-greene-is-hurting-the-gun-rights-movement/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

tremendous guffaw @ the idea of a left wing media existing in any remotely significant capacity in America tho

quote:

The next time we tell someone that we support gun rights because it’s a human right, and that it protects human dignity from the ravages of tyranny and criminal attack, our opponents will bring up Rep. Greene. They’ll tell us that she spoke against the rights of a child, and that she’s an immature person who maybe can’t be trusted with a gun. They’ll tell us about her belief in conspiracy theories involving Q Anon, Jewish space lasers that start wildfires, 9/11 as an inside job, and school shootings that were staged.

Are all of these criticisms fair and in-context? No.

Lol

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

The whole article reads that they’re upset she’s not a strategically convincing bigot, not that they give a flying gently caress that Greene is a bigot.

And it ascribes equal validity to excluding people out of fear and hate as including people.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

quote:

Playing Checkers While Democrats Play Chess

quote:

Greene is very unlikely to stop letting the Democrats provoke her into doing stupid things, so we need to distance ourselves from her for our own future success.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKgWm5TNeBA

*shoves a cop trying to make her pass a metal detector to get in congress* 'why are the democrats making her act this way?'

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

quote:

Greene is very unlikely to stop letting the Democrats provoke her into doing stupid things, so we need to distance ourselves from her for our own future success.

bike_stick_spokes.png

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/JenniferSensiba/status/1369078376875446279

Go tell her she's full of poo poo then.

Let the LRA, SRA, Pink Pistols, Armed Equality, etc know they're wrong too.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Oh no, she (Sensiba) likes Elon and GG as well. She’s not a political hack, just an idiot?

DoubleAughtMeowMix
May 3, 2006

B33 < Meow what is so funny

Seems like the choice time to ask again, so!

Just wanna double check, this is the thread to discuss vaguely industry related and TFR related bigotry topics and such yeah? That's this thread.

And, given TTAG's past of being kinda not great, for them to understand the importance of inclusiveness it shows at least a step towards growth.

Unless we're not meant to commend that. Because some reason.

So to pick at it piecemeal, and not acknowledge Greene being a stain, and that's the kindest way I'll phrase it, does no credit to pointing out that the gun industry acknowledging that same theme TFR has had for a while now. The theme of we need new blood into guns or we're not long for this world.

Fake edit: mlmp I'm personally not sure what part of this says Musk fan
https://twitter.com/enn_nafnlaus/status/1368158555094872066

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

“As real friends of Elon Musk, we need to always show up to defend him when he’s right. We also need to be there when he’s unfairly attacked by entrenched interests. It’s also important to do our part to make his good initiatives a success and push the rest of the industry to do good things.

Doing controversial things, especially things that affect marginalized people negatively, pushes people away. It saps public support, and could cost us later when we need either help from government or for them to leave us alone. It chases away investors. It chases away customers.

The future of our planet is too important to chase support away like this. As true friends and allies, we need to ask Elon Musk to be less self-destructive.”

Source: the author herself, in a post making it clear the Musk must be protected from “left-wing” people and “cancel culture” but asking Musk not to shitpost on twitter about how pronouns are aesthetically unpleasing to him.

There are electric vehicle enthusiasts who stop short of Musk fans, but she is on board with him and his cybernetic brain stuff and products. And this is just dumb:

“The Cybertruck is more likely to protect you in places like Baltimore, Minneapolis or the south side of Chicago. You know, locales with tough gun control laws where you’re theoretically safe. Places where the morons who are shooting at each other are far more likely to be using handguns.

I wouldn’t want to test this, but the Cybertruck seems like it might be the go-to production pickup truck for driving around in some of the nation’s most dangerous cities with commonsense gun safety laws.”

Finding the most tenuous line for a crossover written piece between EVs and guns and then writing a TTAG-quality post about it isn’t surprising, it’s just dumb.

DoubleAughtMeowMix
May 3, 2006

B33 < Meow what is so funny

Alright, if you don't want to engage with any of that besides the throwaway tweet mention, and since we all want to act like we're here to be the good guys and do the right thing?

https://twitter.com/TenaciousRanch/status/1368996977959047168

https://www.gofundme.com/f/23ihgxnlc0

Go do the right thing y'all

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I can vouch for the ranch folks, they're great people.

Plus alpacas are cute

https://twitter.com/TenaciousRanch/status/1368671833398992898

Smithwick
Jun 20, 2003

DoubleAughtMeowMix posted:

And, given TTAG's past of being kinda not great, for them to understand the importance of inclusiveness it shows at least a step towards growth.

Given their track record, I do not believe their attempt to lean into inclusion is sincere. I would expect them to throw those groups mentioned in the article under the bus the moment it was beneficial for them to do so.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

My soup has malfunctioned?

Smithwick posted:

Given their track record, I do not believe their attempt to lean into inclusion is sincere. I would expect them to throw those groups mentioned in the article under the bus the moment it was beneficial for them to do so.

^^^ This.

The writer for the article seems to feel that bigotry is an equally valid position to a marginalized group trying to live their lives, so gently caress her. And also, gently caress Majorie Taylor Greene.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Smithwick posted:

While I wouldn't imagine it heartfelt, it says something when even questionable sources start to say, "That woman's too crazy." At least there is a line somewhere.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Captain Log posted:

While I wouldn't imagine it heartfelt, it says something when even questionable sources start to say, "That woman's too crazy." At least there is a line somewhere.

Beware the comments. We’re saying the author is bad because she gives Greene way too much leeway amd equivocates inclusive messages and exclusive messages as two equal viewpoints.

TTAG commenters almost universally mad at the author for not backing Greene or not endorsing anti-trans talking points.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

mlmp08 posted:

Beware the comments. We’re saying the author is bad because she gives Greene way too much leeway amd equivocates inclusive messages and exclusive messages as two equal viewpoints.

TTAG commenters almost universally mad at the author for not backing Greene or not endorsing anti-trans talking points.

Totally fair, I don’t make a practice of reading comments and wasn’t even really speaking to the content of the article. More pointing out that Greene is too far gone for some far gone people.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Captain Log posted:

Totally fair, I don’t make a practice of reading comments and wasn’t even really speaking to the content of the article. More pointing out that Greene is too far gone for some far gone people.

I think it's more that she is too loud for some people. The problem for them isn't her stance, but the way she is broadcasting it.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

This was also the problem with Trump for many politicians

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

I realize that in general lovely fashion vendors on insta are a dime a dozen but lmbo

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 27, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

We’ve discussed that garbage rear end racist piece of poo poo company before; I think my last posts ITT were about them continually showing up in my ads despite me reporting everyone. Personally I hope them and their customer base gets syphilis.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

One day I will be happy
every day

the yeti posted:

I realize that in general lovely fashion vendors on insta are a dime a dozen but lmbo

Jesus christ its hipster/streetwear military-esque garbage, of course that's a thing

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

LimburgLimbo posted:

Jesus christ its hipster/streetwear military-esque garbage, of course that's a thing

Something something fascists and aesthetics

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

the yeti posted:

Something something fascists and aesthetics

Hugo Boss proudly supports the One China policy and Xinjiang cotton.

I am not even close to kidding. They issued a press release and everything.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

madeintaipei posted:

HK Free Press article with details
https://hongkongfp.com/2021/03/26/h...-never-used-it/

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I'm surprised that article is playing softball and saying Boss "manufactured nazi uniforms" and not "Bespoke designed the entire line for maximum intimidate bonus and power projection"

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

the yeti posted:

Based in: not shared
Address: 2113 Wells Branch Pkwy #1300, Austin, TX

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Check out my hot takes because I'm a straight white male

Racist shitbags aren't exactly known for being bright bulbs.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

madeintaipei posted:

On-brand for the brand, I guess.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Sketchers also investigated itself and found that their Xinjiang supplier is totally legitimate and doesn't use slave labor at all.
https://twitter.com/whoiszhu/status/1374997477133316096

C.M. Kruger fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Mar 27, 2021

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Somebody Awful posted:

On-brand for the brand, I guess.

Every time that I think “That can’t be real.”

Yup.

Yuuuuup.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001

The four most over-rated things in life are champagne, lobster, anal sex and picnics. Oh, and that stupid children's book 'The Little Prince,' ugh.

Yams Fan

C.M. Kruger posted:

Sketchers also investigated itself and found that their Xinjiang supplier is totally legitimate and doesn't use slave labor at all.
https://twitter.com/whoiszhu/status/1374997477133316096

Can somebody not horrible please make some affordable wide shoes? Between these fuckers and New Balance I’m really getting hosed. Alternately could I get a wider dick to make this worthwhile?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Remulak posted:

Can somebody not horrible please make some affordable wide shoes? Between these fuckers and New Balance I’m really getting hosed. Alternately could I get a wider dick to make this worthwhile?

Beats being a size thirteen with a AA to AAA heel. Trust me.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Check out my hot takes because I'm a straight white male

I didn't even know there were different heel measurements for shoes. I learned something new today.

Anything bad about Hoka One One? I was recommended them by a podiatrist some years ago, and they actually fit me well, unlike most big brands. I'd be bummed to have to find a new shoe brand. (Edit: bought by Deckers brands in 2013, don't know poo poo about them other than they also bought UGGs.)

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Mar 31, 2021

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007
"How nice - to feel nothing and still get full credit for being alive." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr. - Slaughterhouse Five

Remulak posted:

Dunham is a line of shoes from New Balance that, in my experience, have a near identical fit but last about 3x as long. It doesn't get you away from New Balance, but you end up buying far fewer.

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004

Remulak posted:

Check out San Antonio Shoemakers. They're made mostly in Texas with a few things being made in Mexico, and are priced accordingly.

They have a lot of width options and I really wish they made a style that fits my stupid tall feet.

e: It's Texas, they could still be horrible people, but they're not slave-wage-child-labor horrible. I haven't heard anything about them being politically reprehensible, and they send people with free shoes to disaster areas as well as donating them here in San Antonio, so they seem ok.

fatman1683 fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Mar 31, 2021

Magnetic North
Dec 14, 2008

Which way is magnetic north?

Remulak posted:

To try and make my New Balances last more than a year, I bought two identical pairs at the same time, to try to wear them on alternating days, which I think is something they do in the Navy IIRC? Anyway, then the pandemic happened so now I wear my 7 dollar slippers all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

I apparently love running shoes that Berkshire Hathaway owns and makes in Vietnam. Well, there’s no ethical consumption.....