Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«80 »
mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Gnoman posted:

What does "ratio-ed" mean?

When your posts generate a ton more replies than likes. Usually a sign of angry counterarguments or mockery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

Gnoman posted:

What does "ratio-ed" mean?

When the number of comments (usually telling you you're a loving idiot) way way outweigh the likes a tweet gets.

Gnoman
Feb 11, 2014

Cool. Hadn't encountered that term before.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

It's a weird metric for tracking what's popular/trending on Twitter.

Also a good reminder that Twitter is a drat mess in how it allows racists/fascists to thrive and it's my least-favorite social media platform. I mean, it was only last week they finally got the balls to somewhat hold President Trump in check for poo poo he tweets.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Android Apocalypse posted:

Also a good reminder that Twitter is a drat mess in how it allows racists/fascists to thrive and it's my least-favorite social media platform. I mean, it was only last week they finally got the balls to somewhat hold President Trump in check for poo poo he tweets.

The grossest part is that Twitter is somehow ahead of the curve when compared to other social media platforms.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

We all got it coming, kid

Android Apocalypse posted:

You can see it a lot on imgur as well. Incidentally, before I got banned, imgur had a five year old thread on their community forums about how racist things were getting right about the time when Michael Brown was killed. Numerous mods and staff members would try to Now Now, Decorum Dear everyone before eventually citing "hostile rhetoric" and abandoning the thread.

They're still moderators, though.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK

Hair Elf

Twitter has a lot of fascists but at least the way it works allows you to tell them to go gently caress themselves and let any observers see counterarguments etc. Facebook is the real evil IMO. Rotting the brains of all the older people that use it with right wing echo chambers they create. FB is WAY worse as far as radicalizing people with far right politics.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

Don't let Lowtax go down with the ship. Do your part for these dead gay forums.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

That's the United Farm Workers flag

Please do not burn it.

The choice of colors is unfortunate.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

Somebody Awful posted:

The choice of colors is unfortunate.

Only if you can't separate the colors from that flag from this one. The stated meaning is the white for their hope, the black for their struggle, and the red for their sacrifice.

They are definitely heritage colors, stretching back long before a sociopath in Germany decided to co-opt them. The red stretches back to the Aztecs, and their practice of farming cochineal red pigments. The "Arrano beltza", the black eagle, probably derives from Spanish roots, associated with King Sancho III, as a symbol of unity, as in a unified Spain. And white, well.

Yeah, I know how you feel, but I think that we can still push past that, even if there ARE a bunch of assholes that keep re-using them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I just looked up the United Farm Workers flag and IMO it looks cooler with text.

«80 »