Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

My soup has malfunctioned?

So, there’s this one from SCCY....

https://www.cair.com/florida_firearms_manufacturer_stonewalls_cair_s_request_for_explanation_of_muslim_stoppers_button

This is the last thing I can find about it, so there’s that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

Also, DSArms keeps doing their “Be a Man Among Men” Sealous Scout stuff, including having swag with that stuff at SHOT in 2019, which was after this article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/10/magazine/rhodesia-zimbabwe-white-supremacists.html

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

I posted that thing in the HPNGC thread. I would actually like the button to be bullshit, because there are enough other gun companies who have management/owners who are confirmed garbage already. We don’t need more of them.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

The Rat posted:

The Spikes stuff is great for getting in their owners heads at 3-gun matches though. The few times I've seen them here locally, when I'm ROing and the owner is about to get up to shoot, I say, "Oh hey, Spikes, you know that spider logo actually looks like two dicks over a toilet seat, right?" They tend to be pretty demoralized as a result. It's great.

Gross fash adjacent bullshit aside, the Spikes logo always struck me as utterly hideous.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

Soupisgood posted:

Just my two cents, I think a bug issue of why the gun crowd is so right wing is because the left is about as tolerant on guns as the right is tolerant of the LGBT crowd. There are no good faith attempts to form a progressive group for gun owners that isn't married to groups dedicated to infringing on the right to bear arms. Our two party system is to blame as well, there's no middle ground to both vote for keeping your guns but also voting to prevent Walmart-Toyota from pouring battery acid into the frand canyon.

So the only responsible course of action is to police your own behavior as best you can so that people who are on the fence can see that it's not all low key fascists.

I mean if by left you mean liberals, then sure. On the actual left there is a strengthening movement to get armed and trained, although this group is dwarfed by right wing gun owners.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

Numlock posted:

My last interaction was with a cop was in a ER waiting room because my father in law was getting checked out after an accident (he was at fault). The cop nearly went berserk after my wife asked him to repeat some info. “ARE YOU RECORDING ME??? YOU BETTER NOT!!” He was also geared up like he was going to storm Tehran by himself.

That guy went from tired, but seemingly chill to scaring the poo poo out of me.

Im not convinced.

Jesus gently caress. I can't blame you for not wanting to carry as a PoC. I have no relevant experience as a white person, and LGBT people are not exactly loved by bigots, but we're not viewed as implicitly threatening by most folks, like PoC can be. Maybe get the permit as a precaution so you are legal if something occurs where you feel that a specific risk that pops up outweighs the risk from cops?

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

Kanine posted:

A lot of my trans friends want guns but they can't risk being literally murdered walking into a space like a gun shop, or worse, privately buying a gun from someone they don't know.

Whereabouts is this? I might be able to get some local lgbt folks opinions on that.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

QueerPOC posted:

All white people are racist.

I mean, if you’re talking about the United States and structural racism, sure, but we’re talking about behavior that rises well above the usual level of background racism that comes from being raised in a white supremacist colonial settler state. Totenkopf swag on gun show merchandise, or nostalgia for Rhodesia versus Zimbabwe is more on the level of what we’re talking about.

Also, your reg date is today?

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

Is it racist to want to destroy the “white” race by being a POC and making it a point to marry the whitest girl to “muddy” the water?

Just curious...

Obviously not, because white genocide is awesome.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

Cyrano4747 posted:

If you think about it, miscegenation is just extreme integration.

. . . Which makes me wonder if Lingcod having sex with his wife qualifies as bussing?

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

Lever guns and revolvers still can do a respectable job for self defense if it comes down to it. It’s extraordinarily rare for ammunition capacity to be a major factor in non police/military shootings.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

Liquid Communism posted:

I mean, end of the day I'm a decent shot with a flintlock, if it comes down to that.

Not gonna lie, a home defense Martini Henry rifle would be pretty awesome.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

Mambo No. 5 posted:

I'm almost afraid to ask, but doesn anyone know anything bad about Sellier and Bellot?

I have not heard anything bad about them, but if we have any Czech TFR goons, they may have a better idea of dirt.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Bill Maher is a racist and a generally bad person who... does exactly the same thing, not just to people right of him, but people left of him. For all his pseudo-intellectualism, I don't think Bill Maher has seriously ever considered the merits and flaws of any idea that didn't involve Bill Maher and/or cocaine.

Just wanted to single this out for

Rest of the post was good, but I really loving hate Bill Maher, and I despise how I see conservatives holding him up as an example of “the left” when he’s basically just a smarmy piece of poo poo idiot who should gently caress off.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

I wish I could be surprised but lol of course they love the boot

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

I'm going to continue stanning Patrick Blanchfield for a time, for his explanation of mass shootings and gun control and colonialism and a non-zero amount of domestic violence actually being manifestations of one system of projecting our racialized social hierarchy, using guns.

I listened to an interview with him on a podcast, read his articles, and I am really looking forward to his book coming out next year.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/natemcdermott/status/1177691244195205121?s=21

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

This kind of bullshit from mainstream gun places is why I pretty much write off mainstream gun culture, and I am usually deeply suspicious of any IRL gun people I meet. I wish I could even say I was surprised.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

Yeah, I would be more surprised if he didn’t have a crusader lower.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

The nazi and confederate flags look like they're shadowboxed, and not just hung up like the American flag, and they're near other stuff on sale, so it doesn't necessarily mean they're trash, but given I can think of like 5 or six gun businesses without really trying that are either outright nazis or are perfectly fine with selling stuff to wheraboos, I see why people would be suspicious.

And if it turns out the owner is actually fash, I would be unsurprised.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Without googling, Black Guns Matter is a thing tied directly to gun rights equality for black people, right?

Yeah. The guy who runs it is not great on some lgbt issues, but he’s not completely terrible or anything.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

As a reminder to more recent readers of the thread, Gabe Suarez was busted for worker’s compensation/medical insurance fraud as an LAPD cop, and got butthurt about it, to the point where he was about to go all Dorner on his coworkers until God told him not to. Dude is absolutely someone who prides himself on not “being PC” and I wouldn’t give him any kind of benefit of the doubt about any language he used.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

HS Precision published an endorsement from Lon Horiuchi, so maybe some are nearly already there.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

Sten Freak posted:

What is the wokest camo?

I am not sure, but this seems like a contender.

https://www.fractalcamo.com/store/p4526/Penis_Camouflage_Pattern.html

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

Numlock posted:

I wouldn’t put any gun stickers on my car.

Just the other day about 1/4th of the vehicles In my apartments garage were broken into, that includes every singe one that was ether a truck or had gun stickers on it. 27 vehicles in total (that I heard about).

Edit: both my wife’s and mine were fine.

This lines up with pretty much everything I have read about gun thefts from vehicles.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

Captain Log posted:

That dude is in his 40's?

drat.

Also not an emptyquote.

I don’t particularly mind Paul Harrell, myself....but if someone feels like dragging him, I’m not going to get really et up about it.

The dude who got into an internet slapfight with him, Caleb Giddings, is kind of a dick. But Giddings is a very talented shooter, and he generally knows what he’s talking about, even if his style is abrasive.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

TTerrible posted:

That entire SPLC article is insane. Goddamn.

The dick cancer thing seems like one of the less hosed up parts of that whole story.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

I frankly expect a certain base level of reactionary bullshit with gun companies. I draw the line at outright fascism, and hopefully there will be some companies in a few years that aren’t actively terrible. There are a few good companies now, like Rocket Armory, and I hope that some point, I can buy a full AR from them.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

moths posted:

Satanism has enough Objectivism in its DNA to be objectionable. A friend of the devil is one thing, but a friend of Ayn Rand is no friend of anyone.

I’m not going to automatically call all Satanists complete turds, but this is a good point. I am 100% fine calling all objectivists complete turds.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

Erin Palette is also conservative, as of 2017 was pro-Trump, and As of that time was fine with the NRA pimping their full crypto fash nonsense from Dana Loesch and Dan Oingoboingo.

As of that time, there was also no vetting done for any OBS volunteers.

Larry Pratt of the GOA is very much anti LGBT and anti Muslim, so the idea that they “ignore politics” or are better than mainstream gun groups only works if your politics are reactionary.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

Numlock posted:

Somewhere on the forums a poster (I forget who and which sub forum) explained the difference between Punks and Nazi Punks. It was a really great post(s) and illuminating, the TLDR of it is that while both groups might appear closely related to an outside observer (Or a novice member) they really only share the most superficial of characteristics and are really completely different subcultures.

I think with gun culture we have a similar situation to that of the punks and Nazi punks. The fact that I and that IV8888 guy (As an example) are both bearded and bespectacled pudgebody nerds really into guns obscures the yawning chasm that separates us. We don’t share any meaningful moral or cultural connection and everything I love and value is abhorred by him.

There’s whatever we have here and with other members of organizations like the SRA and then there is the mainstream gun culture which is really just another vehicle for white supremacy. I don’t think that many outside of groups like the more radical leftist gun clubs or right wing groups like the 3% militias have really grasped this fact.

I have at least in my own mind, stoped considering myself a member of the gun culture, because I’m no more a member of it than I am a Nazi punk, or a walrus

Yeah, I feel like this is a reasonable summary of where we are. Just about anyone who I meet who is extremely into guns outside of the context of like an SRA or similar organization event is more or less automatically someone who I will distrust until they have shown themselves to be trustworthy.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/fayeecklar/status/1365510248476336128?s=21

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

Smithwick posted:

Given their track record, I do not believe their attempt to lean into inclusion is sincere. I would expect them to throw those groups mentioned in the article under the bus the moment it was beneficial for them to do so.

^^^ This.

The writer for the article seems to feel that bigotry is an equally valid position to a marginalized group trying to live their lives, so gently caress her. And also, gently caress Majorie Taylor Greene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

Crab Dad posted:

Where all these pedos who have been trying to legalize it? I feel like I’ve missed seeing people in power trying to slash the age of consent.

This is usually where laws against trans kids, like prohibition of trans care for youths, bathroom laws, or laws against “promoting” LGBT issues in schools come in. Many anti-LGBT bigots really like to conflate anything queer to do with grooming kids. They’re just too cowardly to do it openly against LGB people, and have generally pivoted to focusing on othering trans people especially. It’s basically the same playbook that these jerkoffs ran against gay people in the 80s and 90s.