Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene

Fun Shoe

Captain Log posted:

I'm really curious about this, because I've had the same luck with google on this subject.

At one point I think somebody looked it up in the Huey p newton thread but off the top of my head: the only places it exists that could be found were either from Cair, posts referencing their post, or from something awful. Basically nothing could be found that was from sccy or from one of their vendors or employees at a trade show or sale or anything like that. Itís entirely possible it was a one off button since I donít think anybody even found any other buttons referencing Sccy at all to begin with.

Usually with these sorts of things thereís at least some semblance of evidence on the internet still, but this is sort of a black hole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene

Fun Shoe

Jihad Me At Hello posted:

The amount of hate groups has roughly stayed the same for the past 10 years.
https://www.splcenter.org/hate-map?year=2010

what? if you look at this it's nearly doubled in that time frame

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene

Fun Shoe

stealie72 posted:

As an aside, what little politics existed in these magazines is things like late 60s ones talking about gun law proposals and how they might make things more complicated for gun owners. There's sometimes then an NRA ad about sportsmen protecting their interests. I'm guessing because in 1960, firearms ownership was independent of affiliation.

Speaking of: Guns Magazine has their back catalogs from 1955 to 1969 free to download as a PDF on their website if you wanted to take a look at them.

Managed to catch a Roper ad in one of the magazines.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene

Fun Shoe

Larry Vickers is a Rhodesia fetishist and as such he's going to be a giant racist as a given

the rhodesian fal episode is just an indication of it

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene

Fun Shoe

Liquid Communism posted:

Note the timestamps. It took less than a week for another white nationalist to shoot up a public place.

It took less than a day for another mass shooting to happen, Daytonís bar scene just got shot up.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene

Fun Shoe

Cyrano4747 posted:

From the other thread re: thr ohio shooter.

Anyone have info on this?

Twitter link here

mod edit: testing something out to see if there is a way to not-inline twitter posts.

mod edit 2: goddamnit.

mod edit 3: success!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Aug 4, 2019

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene

Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1158060256842387458

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene

Fun Shoe

Cyrano4747 posted:

Is there any way to force twitter to not inline? Just show a link?

Mostly because I want to be a bit strict about not putting the names of these assholes on our little corner of the internet, but I'm at somewhat of an impasse when something in Twitter has information people might want, but they are using the shooter's name. Being able to say "click this thing to see an answer" would work fine. See PPJ's answer to my question above.

use or tags and it'll make all inline tweets and images into url links

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene

Fun Shoe

school shootings have actually gone down from their height in the 90s but differently: there's fewer events but larger death tolls per

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene

Fun Shoe

Cessna posted:

Well, poo poo.

:usa:

the correct smilie you were looking for is

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene

Fun Shoe

gab exists so the aryan nation local can meet up for a symposium on molotov cocktail recipes

as one of the mods for d&d let me tell you this: if you're on gab, you're either trash or fasch or both. it is the contact method of choice for neonazi, "3%er", patriot, and kkk groups. anybody who says differently in your circle of friends and acquaintances look at them with a side eye and count the minutes until they drop some hideously racist poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene

Fun Shoe

Shooting Blanks posted:

Before this thread I was unfamiliar with Gab so I would have completely glossed over that kind of statement. That being said, has any company actually come out and endorsed Gab in any way?

Bolsonaro has an official gab account; noted 8 Chan hoster Epik still hosts gab because the ceo loves it: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rob-monster-epik-gab-neo-nazi_n_5c17bb29e4b05d7e5d846f72