Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Jihad Me At Hello posted:

Then ban me, I'm not baiting anyone. Trying to have a discussion.

Or tell me what I'm doing wrong because I don't get it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Even though I knew this was coming I still laughed and laughed when it hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Do you like muskets?

I think the thread has hit 3.6 roentgen.

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Captain Log posted:

You arenít using a soviet dosimeter, are you?

They were cheaper.

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Do you like muskets?

tarlibone posted:

OK, let's make one thing clear: the police have to protect people.

The Supreme Court disagrees.

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Do you like muskets?

https://twitter.com/morethanquirks/status/1140008358780506112?lang=en

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Kanine posted:

can we generally agree that the majority of SA is center-left/liberal, and that GiP/TFR are outliers in having lots of chuds

No.

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Kanine posted:

eh, i get what y'all are saying. i just always noticed more chuds in tfr/gip in comparison but i realize now that every time it was in the context of them getting banned/probated

The adoption of the Brodie helmet in WWI resulted in a high number of head injuries.

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Owlbear Camus posted:

POF just scans to me as Plenty of Fish, the dating sight where you can cast a line and reel.in a slam whale with trivial ease.

All I ever get are scammers and bots.

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Captain Log posted:

I've never heard the term junkers before today. Anyone want to point me towards what it means? I might know but be unfamiliar with the terminology.

They're a special task force put together to combat the bioroid "Snatcher" menace

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Cyrano4747 posted:

Just found this (look, I'm way behind on pretty much everything) and I can't stop laughing so I'm going to drop it here where it's at least quasi-appropriate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldMb_TZtq0c

The shoulder straps on that reb officer makes my eye twitch uncontrollably.

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Cyrano4747 posted:

Nope not mine.

Wasn't it Paramemetic?

We've come a long way from the old beige carpet crew days. Cyrano rules TFR with an iron fist now.

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Do you like muskets?

DeesGrandpa posted:

I didn't even lurk till 07 or so so I mostly heard about that stuff second hand, but seemed like a shitshow. Outside of GIP were there any prominent successful goon projects?

Jesus Christ the bar for "successful goon project" must be crazy loving low if counts.

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Do you like muskets?

DeesGrandpa posted:

That and the dick book

Oh right.

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Do you like muskets?

5er posted:

Welcome to the Internet, where people that get run out of a local community for any reason, can find a community online for every reason.

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Well, now I know why they announced a new logo is in the works.

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Do you like muskets?

I've done a cursory amount of digging and I haven't been able to find a source for the statistics, just an assertion that most of the weapons recovered after Gettysburg were loaded, about half of those had more than one round loaded, and a quarter of the total found loaded were loaded anywhere from three to ten times.

But, again, no source.

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Do you like muskets?

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Did many get found with the breech end blown out? I have to think that if a gun didn't go off because the powder in the pan fell out (on flintlock/matchlocks) or because a percussion cap was a dud, having another powder charge and ball on top of that would not go well, but maybe I'm underestimating the margin of error before failure that those guns were engineered with, since unless you had individually measured paper containers of powder you were kind of eyeballing the powder charge anyway.

Military cartridges were, in fact, individually measured paper containers of powder.

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Do you like muskets?

mlmp08 posted:

Join the military, wear plate carrier for free.

Might not fix the feeling stupid part!

Reported for encouraging self-harm.

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Do you like muskets?

I will never agree with the notion that I should not have named my Luger.

Edward James Olmos is a perfect name for it and you all know it.

McNally fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Aug 22, 2020

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Do you like muskets?

SinistralRifleman posted:

If he had a right to be there and he didnít initiate deadly force, then the use of force was justified.

Given that the local police chief has said that the protesters would not be dead had they not violated curfew, I would argue that a minor out past curfew does not, in fact, have a right to be there.

Also go gently caress yourself.

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Pistols for Pandas. This good cause is good, 'cause.

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Somebody Awful posted:

Reminder that TTAG is a lovely site run by a lovely person who steals photos from goons.

https://twitter.com/h_mcnally/status/1364352330787934210

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Collateral Damage posted:

What did they do?

Used one of Miso Beno's (RIP) photos without getting permission. When they were called out on it they threw a fit and then proceeded to explain why things that are on the internet are free for anyone to use for any reason and linked to the Wikipedia page for Fair Use (which, as everyone pointed out, says the opposite of what they claimed it said).

They eventually took the picture down.

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Do you like muskets?

kupachek posted:

Prior to 4chan re-popularizing it, outside of very specific signalling circumstances I hadn't seen anyone flash an 'ok' sign in, a decade or so. Thumbs up stuck around for the times when you were out of verbal range and worked fine.

It's common in scuba diving and that's about it.

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Atticus_1354 posted:

That's a huge drat stretch. Like point out what exactly is the same between them.

The photograph itself was used as propaganda for the PIRA, without the label, in an attempt to recruit women. It is literally a PIRA propaganda photo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Do you like muskets?

kupachek posted:

I was tempted to order this shirt as a gag gift for a buddy but I don't feel like giving this guy money.

Steal the design and do it yourself?