Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

Desert Tech is owned by hardline racist Mormons that go all in on their cultist blood bullshit.

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/intelligence-report/2017/blood-cult

Just gonna quote that article:

quote:

Elden also instituted the church law of “one above the other,” requiring members’ blind obedience to the church’s hierarchy of “numbered men,” with Elden being Brother Number One.

Brother Elden died of penile cancer in 1948, despite the best efforts of some family members to burn away the cancer using acid. Elden had predicted that he would be resurrected from the dead, so clan members kept his body on ice for three days, to no avail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

It's the boat version of this:

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

Much like any other company you ever spent $20 with a decade ago, Saurez International sent out an email detailing the steps they are taking to combat COVID-19, including hand sanitizer, social distancing, and... well gently caress. Sent today by the way.

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

Internet Wizard posted:

He's gonna sign the Hearing Protection Act any day now

Thanks, I needed a laugh right about now.

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

Eh, if anything they relaxed their requirements. Probably a decision made after a bunch of retailers got sued by the victims' families when that shithead in Aurora shot up a theater. PLCAA don't cover body armor, does it?

If they were bootlickers, why not just say "LE/MIL only, gently caress off"?

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

Whole lot of frivolous lawsuits, doesn't mean it won't gently caress up a small business even if you win in the end.

To be clear, I have no idea if that's SKD's motivation, just I can understand the risk mitigation on their part.

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

If you strip all the paint off of the steel and just leave the green, it's actually pretty cool. Got that used and abused less-lethal look going on.

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

Well that's an impressive collection of stupidity.

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

I have "enough" ars at the moment, but they seem like good dudes and I like their logo.

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

St_Ides posted:

I think I managed to get shadow banned from certain Facebook ads.

A company that was constantly showing up on my feed (Zero Foxtrot) was advertising "rhodie sh*t". So I made a comment about marketing a camouflage so heavily associated with white supremacy seeming to be ignorant.

Now I can't even see their ads if I try.

I didn't know this was a feature of Facebook, though I'm not surprised, and will probably use it to my advantage going ahead.

Idk how facebook's algorithms work, but maybe one you engaged, there's no need to show you another ad.

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

Cyrano4747 posted:

When the Japanese make gun videos do they pixelate out the rifle?

Just the barrel.

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

Cyrano4747 posted:

But Gimp is free.

I'm guessing they have some kind of ideological opposition to open source software.

I'd rather break out the oxy acetylene than use GIMP, can't blame them there.

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

Gun adjacent: I used to watch TacticalKeychains on youtube. Good machining content and made cool stuff. A while back he started doing mostly instagram stories instead so I followed him but kinda forgot about it. I checked in by chance and it's just 20 posts a day about qanon, so that's great I guess.

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

I googled the artist they name drop - Jimmy Coffin and yeah... We've got some grade A poo poo bags over here.

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

You boys were busy last night, huh...

And SR, you ate a perma, so I'm kicking a dead horse here, but gently caress off with the legally speaking bullshit. You aren't his attorney. You do not owe a racist shitbag a vigorous defense.

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I meant to say that I wasn't volunteering myself. Learn from my mistake

You poor, poor fool.

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

Chances of that being a dumpster fire: 💯

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

I just bookmark the subscriptions page. Thanks but no thanks on the recommendations.

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

The 40x20px .jpg arabic is icing on the cake.

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

Is that a rittenhouse reference? That's impressively loving lovely.

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

poopgiggle posted:

I make drip coffee with Bustelo because I am a heathen.

Regular coffee just tastes like water to me now.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Cafe du Monde with chicory here.

Funnily enough, I like the smell of coffee vastly more than I actually like drinking it. Unless I'm making Vietnamese coffees, (hence the Cafe du Monde) I vastly prefer a nice cold glass of unsweetened iced tea in the mornings to get me going.

This is the good poo poo right here.

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

Don't worry, he told the cops he only brought those mags to dc to sell them. (also a crime)

e: dude ^

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

I checked out the crazy in arfcom for a minute nad is right. That brownells hasn't tried to clean the place up even remotely is something.