Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FauxhawkSatan
Mar 27, 2010

Cyrano4747 posted:

Also if anyone has suggestions about how this thread should run, other rules, etc. go ahead and throw them in here. That's probably better discussed as a group than through a million bilateral PMs.

I think a good rule for this thread (and any other heated topic threads) would be that as soon as the thread gets out of hand with multiple people breaking rules, everyone who posted in it gets a 6 month ban at a minimum regardless of their involvement in the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FauxhawkSatan
Mar 27, 2010

It's ironic posting about how a social media outlet that allows hate speech is bad when said statement is posted on a social media outlet that allows hate speech.

FauxhawkSatan
Mar 27, 2010

poopgiggle posted:

I learned about this stuff recently: https://www.fightmasterfirearms.com/FORWARD-CONTROLS-DESIGN-SUPER-GHEY-SNAKE-OIL-_p_58.html

As I understand it, FCD is the hot small parts maker on the AR scene rn. I'm 100% in favor of mocking the Gun Lube Industry but using the term "ghey" is pretty cringe-worthy.

Your issues are with that reseller and not FCD. No where on the actual product page or anywhere on FCD's site calls anything "super ghey"

https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/Snake-Oil_p_165.html

FauxhawkSatan
Mar 27, 2010

Dick Burglar posted:

Hence why using it as some kind of weird pejorative is Bad, which was the point I was trying to get across with my initial post.

Definition of satanic
1: of, relating to, or characteristic of Satan or satanism
satanic pride
satanic rites
2: characterized by extreme cruelty or viciousness

It's clearly being used in the context of the second definition. You can be satanic and not be a Satanist.