Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Glockstore is affiliated with Identity Evropa, a White Supremacist group.

https://twitter.com/WANaziWatch/status/1103420848633917440?s=20

I hate the fact that so much of the industry is connected to this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I hate that about Rhodesia, too. I love the camo, and studying the war, but as soon as I try to discuss anything related, I get the wink wink bullshit from cowardly racists.

And the phrase "Be A Man Among Men" is cool, but the related connotation isn't.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

And good ol Lou is on the board of another gun company, too.

This thread is rapidly becoming my boycott list.
Trex caught poo poo in a bunch of the IG gun community because he was speeding up his videos, and then I saw his cult poo poo.

Please don't let Jerry get milkshake ducked

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I worked at a shop part time for awhile, starting before the 2016 election. We were told upfront in training, we can deny a sale for any reason. However, I expect the worst in people, and expected to have to speak out against it being used to weed out "those" people, but I only ever saw it used on obvious straw buys, and angry white dudes.
I did have a customer who came in covered in jailhouse AB- style ink. I don't know whether he was Aryan Brotherhood, but that style ink. I refused to help him, and expected my manager to give me poo poo. I told him I was denying that guy help, and told him why.
He ended up not buying poo poo or saying anything.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Boogaloo is also used by leftist groups refering to a ACW2 on social media.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Somebody Awful posted:

He wasn't exactly wrong though, was he? As contemptible as the white minority regime was, it ended up being replaced by a jackboot who crashed Zimbabwe's economy into the ground at a right angle and would have been president for life if his own party hadn't found him a liability.

I recall a memoir by an RLI trooper who said that he hated the apartheid system, but knew that whoever took power wasn't going to help anyone but himself and his cronies, given the options he suspected (Mugabe was one, IIRC, but I read this once, a long time ago, so my memory is a little fuzzy).

Prior to Mugabe, Zimbabwe produced something like a third of all of the grain produced in Africa. Within the first decade of Mugabe's rein, there was a famine and a massive cholera outbreak. I feel like that was a situation where there wasn't a good option in any direction.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Story time- I'm a white dude. As far as I have been told through Family Mythology, we are Scotch Irish with a little First Nations blood. Which is weird, because I look Semitic (sorry if that is the offensive term; I am not sure the correct one to use. Please correct me, if it's the wrong way). Olive skin that gets super dark with a little sun, big nose. A buddy jokes that I look like Shrek hosed an ISIS fighter since I grew out my beard. I was confused for a Middle Easterner in Iraq. This is important later.

I was at Home Depot not far from Gettysburg. See a dog, ask, and pet the dog while shopping. As I'm loading my car, the gentleman comes over, asks about my vet plates from out of state. Talk about travel for minute, service for another- typical small talk. He asks what I do, I mention gunsmith school.
"Good job! Good job...we're gonna need all the help we can get. Pretty soon we're gonna get those Democrats and loving rag heads."
I wish I could say that I confronted the old man, that I did anything other than what I did, which was a confused look, a mumble of "Nice Dog. Bye" as I closed my car door. I have mentally rehearsed a lot of things- none of them were the event of Old Racist Man confronts me. His words weren't directed at me- it wasn't a threat, or his old rear end would be getting a new hip- but a statement of absolute fact. I was so taken aback. I don't exactly look totally minority, but have been confused for other ethnicities both overseas and here, and I'm a fairly large dude. And this dude was so loving certain of his poo poo he said that poo poo after a 3 minutes loving conversation.

I'm mentally rehearsed for a few new things, now.
Not sure if this fits the thread, I just haven't had a chance to share it anywhere before, and it seems to fit the tone/spirit of the conversation.

Cyrano, delete (or I'll delete) this if you want.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I grew up in a racist family, but got the gently caress away and grew up.
Previously, every racist white dude previously used :wink wink::nudge nudge: verbiage. This dude threw me off.
Racists shouldn't be allowed to own dogs.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

My wife grew up incredibly sheltered in the realm of racism. She didn't know that the stereotypical slave stereotype from ads (I'm about to use a racist term, because, as I said in a previous post, I don't know the actual term- 'picaninny' art) were made into statues that are collected. Her family never knew the racist stereotypical foods- her dad accidentally offered his son's new black girlfriend some fried chicken and watermelon while he was up at the picnic. He had absolutely no idea. He grew up even more sheltered, pretty hardcore in the Brethren Church. I grew up pretty close to the opposite- my family was pretty drat racist. One of thw things she had no clue of was the co-opting of Norse imagery by White Supremacists. Earlier in our relationship I was meeting her one friend, she said I was a little cold towards him and asked why.
"Uh, is Mike a Neonazi?"
"No! Why would you ever think that!"
She didn't believe me when I told her, so she texted a friend who works in the state prison, "Hey, do Nazis get Norse tattoos?"

Her world got a little less bright when he replied, "LOL".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

My wife grew up incredibly sheltered in the realm of racism. She didn't know that the stereotypical slave stereotype from ads (I'm about to use a racist term, because, as I said in a previous post, I don't know the actual term- 'picaninny' art) were made into statues that are collected. Her family never knew the racist stereotypical foods- her dad accidentally offered his son's new black girlfriend some fried chicken and watermelon while he was up at the picnic. He had absolutely no idea. He grew up even more sheltered, pretty hardcore in the Brethren Church. I grew up pretty close to the opposite- my family was pretty drat racist. One of thw things she had no clue of was the co-opting of Norse imagery by White Supremacists. Earlier in our relationship I was meeting her one friend, she said I was a little cold towards him and asked why.
"Uh, is Mike a Neonazi?"
"No! Why would you ever think that!"
She didn't believe me when I told her, so she texted a friend who works in the state prison, "Hey, do Nazis get Norse tattoos?"

Her world got a little less bright when he replied, "LOL".