Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011

Everybody here already knows Kahr Arms is run by militant, 3rd wave Moonies, right?

https://www.vox.com/2018/3/1/17067894/church-bullet-crowns-ar15-world-peace-unification-sanctuary-moonies-moon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011

Comedy option: Norinco

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011

Totally agreed on the assessment that there are going to be numerous "'this company is bad because they support this thing' and someone else asks 'why is that thing bad?'" derails.

Maybe just limit it to legitimate evidence that you, as a poster, feel is problematic and let people make their own judgement on whether or not they want to support company X with their hard earned dollars.

For instance, this could use a source / link:

mlmp08 posted:

They also sell a pro-torture t-shirt.

Judging by the other crap they are shilling, I had no reason to doubt it, but for the sake of completeness, I assume it's this one:
https://spikestactical.com/collections/apparel-swag/waterboarding-instructor/

A lot of these companies are not going be huge surprises because being "edgy" selling waterboarding t-shirts is part of their "Brand DNA"

Flip side of this is maybe you love militant moonies and were married in a moonie wedding, but I might think twice about buying something from Kahr, personally.

CleverHans fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jul 28, 2019

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011

Hallelujah, a break from the deep political philosophy and some superb content checking off the "etc." box quite handily.

This is just profoundly terrible - who is the galaxy brain in marketing that signed off on this?

Though, upon some research, this is nearly a decade old and the 404 link to this part of their website now features a photo of a woman at the range, so maybe they caught wise to how poorly this kind of crap was aging.

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011

stealie72 posted:

Overly simplistic answer is get them to arm up too, I suppose.

"An armed society is a polite society" to quote Heinlein.

How far do we really want to test this?

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011

Target Practice posted:

I think the whole issue of censorsing one point of view versus another kind of breaks down for a lot of these issues. Like it or not, there are some viewpoints that are objectively, categorically bad; and by extension there are objectively, categorically good viewpoints.

LGBT rights, immigrant rights, reproductive rights, and many others are Human Rights. These are objectively good and correct policies that millions of people and dozens of other countries in the civilized world have acknowledged and embraced. There is no room in a decent country for debate over these things. None. The same goes for climate change, or disgust for authoritarian violence.

So should Milo or that Kent State piece of poo poo be silenced at every opportunity? Yes. Fox News dismantled by SOMEBODY for being an agent of disinformation and dangerous propaganda? Absolutely.

There is no better place to witness the alternative than social media. White nationalism is allowed to flourish and spread it's hate as far as it can using true believers and bots. Sure, every once in a blue moon some dipshit will get a suspension, but it's the left that is silenced en masse. The government backs this. The ruling class backs this.

That's why for what I would say is the majority of these issues, is bring on the loving censorship in any form that we can get. Censor the hate and the lies and make way for people to move forward. Because that's what's being done to the people who are trying to bring this country into the light. They are being silenced and intimidated.

This post is evincing a willingness to surrender the first amendment vastly greater than the most extreme gun control advocates' I have seen willingness to surrender the second.

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011

McNally posted:

All I ever get are scammers and bots.

This means you are the slam whale.

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011

poopgiggle posted:

If I may go full SJW for a moment, I would submit that referring to certain women as "slam whales" is probably an example of the kind of behavior that this thread was created to mock.

Hence my daring attempt to use it in a comedy fashion.

On the plus side, I am not selling lowers with that as the full-auto setting, I'm just being a jerk on the internet for (almost) free.

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011

poeticoddity posted:

On further thought, the wokest camo is probably hydrodipped Georgia O'Keeffe paintings, but there's probably some copyright issues preventing that.

Motherfuckers better not be stealin' my yonic floral drip.

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011

Numlock posted:

I wouldn’t put any gun stickers on my car.

Just the other day about 1/4th of the vehicles In my apartments garage were broken into, that includes every singe one that was ether a truck or had gun stickers on it. 27 vehicles in total (that I heard about).

Edit: both my wife’s and mine were fine.

For real. No better way to advertise "Hey, better than average chance of obtaining an untraceable firearm by popping/smashing in and tossing the glovebox"

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011

mlmp08 posted:

I am aware of two girls one cup, but it was probably the first major internet thing where I just said “Nope, never,” and so I’ve never seen it.

I have to say, getting to the point in your life where you can read the description of something on the internet and then go "I am vaguely curious to see that but, no, I don't think I will" improves your quality of life greatly.

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011

Internet Wizard posted:

My fiancé has started saying she doesn’t like cream pies as the response because a crass and insensitive question deserves a crass and insensitive response

"Well ya see, my sexual partner has inordinately viscous semen. Yeah, real wild - it's like watching a Play-Doh Fun Factory. That plus the weird screeching sound he makes when he climaxes makes it ver-hey where are you going?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011

L0cke17 posted:

They recently tweeted pictures of cops with their cans telling them to go shoot protestors iirc. Very pro cop, anti protests.

Link?

This sounds like an excellent candidate to add to the OP.

Also fix the spelling of "Kahr Arms"; it's dumb but it grates on my OCD