Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Enter the woods, find a friend!

Desert Tech is owned by hardline racist Mormons that go all in on their cultist blood bullshit.

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/intelligence-report/2017/blood-cult

Lucas Botkin of T-Rex Arms is a homophobe that belongs to a fundamentalist Christian organization that sees women as breeding stock to guard against Satan and nothing more:

https://christianpundit.wordpress.com/category/kooks-and-crazies/botkins-botkin-syndrome/

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfeminism/2015/04/the-cold-unforgiving-world-of-geoffrey-botkin.html

Edit:

Not sure if this is still the case but Troy Industries has Dale Monroe as an instructor.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/what-the-hells-the-problem-with-troy-industries/

Dale was Lon Horiuchi’s partner at Ruby Ridge.

Capn Beeb fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jul 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Jehde posted:

Trouble is that even if you find yourself in a community that is somewhat accepting of left-leaning attitudes, you can't get too loud before you run into "keep your dirty communism out of my god given guns!" So the left is stuck as a permanently opressed minority in the gun world.

Huge if true

quote:

I haven't noticed any blatant nazi stuff in the Canadian gun market, yet. Maybe chuds are better about hiding that stuff up here. Lots of anti-Trudeau stuff though, naturally.

I wonder what the overlap is of gun people that hate sockbae.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Internet Wizard posted:

How about Spike’s Tactical and their Not Today Antifa ad shortly after the Unite the Right rally where a neonazi drove a car into a crowd of peaceful counter-protesters and murdered Heather Heyer and injured many others.

https://www.newsweek.com/not-today-antifa-gun-company-offers-zero-apologies-threatening-communist-783542

Notice how the ad has Charleston listed, the city where Heather Heyer was murdered by a neonazi for counterprotesting.

Apparently Spike’s decided to take the stance of standing in solidarity with the neoconfeds, neonazis, and other alt-right hate groups against the terror of anti-fascists.

This is on top of their history of cashing in on islamophobia with their Crusader branded rifles.

That was Charlottesville, but yeah p much.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

There was also the Hogg Hunter lower that got scrubbed out of the arfcom thread, cause ya know a gun company winking at shooting children is cool

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Interesting takes in here, especially the notion that there will be people writing and reading books in 100 years.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I should get another lower with Marx's face on the magwell and the fire group being Safe/Under No Pretext/Frustrated By Force

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Shaocaholica posted:

But wouldn’t he have an AK

I think he'd be all about that whole push to acknowledge the AR as a rifle favored by the commoner

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

the yeti posted:

Not to say poc (and other communities) shouldn’t be armed at all, but random chuds won’t get less mad about it at some threshold- prob quite the opposite. It’s not a chill-out-with-exposure thing.

This isn't limited to chuds, either.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

What does a leftist gun owner get by identifying as such? They don't get any respect from the right-wing types for strapping up. Sure as fuuuuuck don't get the same respect from the cops that the Mossy Oak Militia get. On the flip-side, the best they can hope is that other leftists ( or apolitical types ) won't think any worse of them for being a gun owner.

I've had good results flipping liberals to the left by pointing out just how often racism and classism are at the root of gun control and how it only favors the affluent and subjects the disenfranchise to depend on the state to defend them, despite there being no legal requirement to do so. Cops will not help you, as cops do not have to help you.

I Demand Food posted:

There are progressive gun rights groups, but they tend to be fairly small with tens of thousands of members tops, as opposed to the larger numbers some other groups get.

Pink Pistols, Liberal Gun Club, and Black Guns Matter come to mind.

There are also gun groups like Firearms Policy Coalition that are just super pro-gun and stay out of the culture war bullshit that the NRA can't loving get enough of.

LGC is extremely loving iffy from my experiences with their social media platforms. Lotta hand wringing and advocating compromise of rights being whittled away because Do You Really Need A Weapon of War????

Absolutely yes, gently caress kind of question is that? If it's such a concern go disarm the cops, not me and mine.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I should make it clear ( because it isn't always in text ) that in general, if I make a serious or even vaguely serious post/reply about this stuff I'm going to do it with something akin to passion- especially, especially because I live near Charlottesville. And it wasn't just the murder that happened there, but how the police stood idly by or dragged their loving feet while people were being beaten in the streets.

Remember when that guy got beaten up on camera by a group of men, and then the cops arrested... him? Yeah.

So if I reply with a little bit of fire, it isn't necessarily aimed at the person I'm replying to, so much as this unjust bullshit and my garbage can of a state.

I get that, but here's the thing about that:

I really don't wanna call some folk white supremacists or alt-right or anything, 'cause it pays them a respect they don't deserve, and because the words themselves are almost a badge of honor for them.

And I really, really don't like that, the idea that someone could be proud of being called a nazi. I'd call them a joke if the poo poo they wrought upon the country wasn't such a god drat tragedy.

I'd call them RacISISt but it doesn't translate when you speak it.

I'm mad. Mad about fuckers.

Big same with this post. I distinctly recall the piece of poo poo trying to rip a shot at Corey Long (you might remember him protecting an elderly man from white supremacists) and cops in the background saw it go down and just stood there twiddling their thumbs.

Then our dipshit governor blamed people protesting fascism for starting the whole mess.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

ask them why they want to give trump a complete monopoly on gun ownership since the only people that will have guns would be cops and military

Because #neveragain, you see.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I genuinely don't understand how anyone could look at antifa and proud boys and basically shrug and go 'same thing' unless they're not really interested and just skimming information.

This isn't meant to attack that poster- I legitimately do not understand how it is possible unless you're disinterested and don't care.

The propaganda put out by McResistance types that swears up and down that fighting back makes you just as bad, if not worse, is extremely powerful and pervasive.

Why, it's even a nightly news occurrence on the comedy shows.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Captain Log posted:

I refuse to see "Pipe Hitters" and not think of crack addicts.

It's so loving stupid it crosses over into absurd.

It was a Tuff Cool Dood line in Pulp Fiction, what else could it possibly mean???

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Numlock posted:

That or it was going to be like that “SS lighting runes totally means scout sniper!” Bullshit from a decade ago.

Edit: details for those courteous since it was so dam long ago.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marine_Corps_Scout_Sniper#Controversial_use_of_the_%22SS%22_symbol

Bullshit that US Marines had no idea what that symbol meant, and that they had used it for so long before somebody told them about it.

Edit 2:

More details, apparently the marine corps has a huge problem with neo-Nazis in their ranks.

https://www.militaryreligiousfreedom.org/2012/02/ss-symbol-used-by-marine-scout-snipers/

Nah don't worry about that

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Same.

Though I had/have to be amicable so I wouldn't be murdered or have my house set on fire/be disappeared and "moved to Richmond".

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

That Works posted:

For people like Ngo, Spencer, Alex Jones etc who aren't actually committing violence but constantly serve to agitate and provoke it I have a low threshold. Yes, anyone that assaults them will have to be prosecuted and should be but I also think it's for the greater good.

Honestly you can throw Rogan on that pile for giving fascists a platform.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Ignoring fascists is an extremely privileged angle to take.

Like when Tina Fey told everyone to ignore nazis and ha ha eat a cake ha ha whacky after a fashy fuckboy drove a car into a crowd of people and was all oooh you better listen to me as I went to school in Charlottesville do what I say peasants for I am #woke

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

priznat posted:

The media should be the only one to do more ignoring of fascists, and not give any of them interviews or platforms. But they absolutely should mention how the counterprotestors at events outnumber the fascists usually considerably.

Just blunt any of kind of use of the news as a recruiting tool or a way to get the message out.

Calling a news station to complain about the soft coverage they are giving these shitheels may be effective if enough people do it.

"But my Pulitzer!!!", cries Angry Layered Haircut as they shove a mic to the mouth of a brain dead gay person after a nazi gave them a curb party. "How did that make you feel??"

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Oh there's still plenty threat to gun laws, and the NRA is doing gently caress all about it. Honestly I'm expecting another Mulford Act, with bipartisan support, because Antia Are The Real Terrorists brainworms are taking hold in a lot of people as fash kill folks.

Edit:

McCarthyism is coming back in a big god drat way too, with the McResistance calling anyone who is the least bit critical of dems a Russian chaos agent. I can't wait to get no knocked by HUAC.

Capn Beeb fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Aug 2, 2019

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

It's incredibly gross to see people describe my vehement hatred for people wAnting to murder me, forums poster Dickeye, for the crime of being a queer disabled leftist, as "you just don't agree with them"

Especially given the propensity for the hand wringing about those people to somehow gloss over the whole trying to pass laws against antifa that are so broadly defined you can just declare counter protesting Nazis illegal if you want THING

we live in a country where the system is at best apathetic and at worst supportive of the bigots, and apathetic at best and outright hostile at worst to the people protesting them, but y'all just need to remind us that whoa now don't go crazy asking the system to crack down on people who want to murder millions of people for not being straight white cis and able bodied

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

astropika posted:

I don't think anyone is suggesting discussing anything with Nazis.

You know, aside from via the medium of baseball bat.

The "progressive" party sure is. We have to Reach Across The Isle and find a Common Ground Compromise using the tools of Civility & Decorum, and if you disagree then you're a Russian agent that wants to kill us all!

Now ignore how we'll cannibalize our own for veering slightly left.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Police protect property and serve capital, not you or me.

Also police have been in bed with white supremacist groups since jump so of course they'll side with them over anyone who might take umbrage with some cavalcade of dipshits spewing about the heaven ordained supremacy of the white male and how we must make the world a better place for his children.

See example: Some white supremacist trying to dome Corey Long in full view of the police in Charlottesville and they just stood there, on camera in the background, twiddling their thumbs.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Yeah sgammo and luckygunner seem alright. If they're shits, they keep it quiet.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

mlmp08 posted:

This is among the funnier oldie but goody images of NRA explaining why you need guns and to always vote right-wing.

https://imgur.com/a/B2OZAAX

I'm the owl

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Cyrano4747 posted:

The bundle of TNT in its talons is always what gets me.

That lobster? Could just be a fellow traveler along with the animal rights lady.

That owl? loving terrorist.

hoot hoot under no pretext hoot

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Dipshit apparently was pro-New Zealand dipshit and was buttmad about hispanics in White's Only America.

Robert o'Rourke is milking it for all he can.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Hate crimes haven't been going up since Trump took office.

They've been going up since 2014

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Party Plane Jones posted:

It took less than a day for another mass shooting to happen, Dayton’s bar scene just got shot up.

https://www.whio.com/news/crime--law/police-responding-active-shooting-oregon-district/dHOvgFCs726CylnDLdZQxM/

Thought you meant Ohio. Wonder if that's in a GLBTQ part of town.

Edit:

Oh, Oregon District. Me read site gud.

Capn Beeb fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Aug 4, 2019

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Ian's response was 100% nod and let the dipshit spew, do not engage otherwise we'll be here for five hours. His response to the video, locking the comments on that video in particular, and being asked about b-b-b-but what about the black menace rampaging against the white man indicate that he's firmly "shut the gently caress up about white genocide you idiot". He even told someone directly to get their news from a different source if they believe that.

Ian good, Karl good.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I've seen pork and beef steadily climbing in Virginia. Of course I live in a food desert with one grocery store for 30 miles so they can basically charge whatever they want, so there's that to consider.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I work at a grocery store ( yeah gently caress me I guess ) and I can tell you food is going up; but it's hard to say how much of that is global warming. In America? Now? Probably not much, except where climate change impacts particular food stocks here and there. But other economic pressures like the trade war and other dumb poo poo are yanking levers.

I remember seeing some connection to the FDA working with one hand behind their back being a big problem, especially with the constant recall alerts and oopsie <foodstuff> has <disease> in it so throw it out y'all

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

The ACLU was finger wagging people arming themselves against fascists in Charlottesville and have always skipped 2 when referring to the first ten amendments. Extreme doubt they'd have the SRA's back.

I Demand Food posted:

In other news, I've been having a ball pointing out the toxic masculinity and homophobia that is implicit in comments like "gunhavers have small dicks" and/or "guns are dick replacements", as well as the racist roots of gun control laws in personal and online conversations the past few days.

I've been doing the same for a few years now and have flipped a fair amount of people from the "cops should take everyone's guns by force gun havers should get killed by the state" camp to the "under no pretext motherfuckers" camp using the same methods.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

ulmont posted:

That happens regularly in the American South in my experience. It's annoying as gently caress.

Yup. When the folks down the street got comfortable around me at the weekly beer night it got ugly fast and I was walking on eggshells the whole time. Just ended up drinking and playing with a dog more than talking to people.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Kanine posted:

A lot of my trans friends want guns but they can't risk being literally murdered walking into a space like a gun shop, or worse, privately buying a gun from someone they don't know.

Could you go with them to a shop?

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Notgothic posted:

It was a real drag when I found out that the Black Sun had been coopted by neo-nazis, that's literally the only thing I've ever wanted as a tattoo. Cooooool that the use among shitheads is just blowing right the heck up now.

Last I heard about that it wasn't co-opted, it was made by nazis in the first place by/for Gobbels for some dipshit fashy clubhouse they wanted to build. It was just Norse adjacent.

Edit:

Beaten by a dude smarter than me with a handy link

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

TFR is left leaning?

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Dipshit couldn't even get his stream working but golly gee I sure am glad the news will give everyone as many details as possible in their quest to get a few Pulitzers in their pockets and the shitheels' quest to get famous.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Vorkosigan posted:

That's why I'm happy to be in the SRA, but also that there's stuff like the Liberal Gun Club, not to mention HPNGC/RR/etc.

My experience with the Liberal Gun Club was it was full of compromising bootlickers and dog whistle racists a few steps removed from full chud, but it was acceptable because faux-progressive #woke racism is ok because... reasons?

stealie72 posted:

The Feinstein dems are never going to support guns, but I'm hoping a growing number of actual leftists are starting to.

Yep. Too bad dems have a long, long history of sabotaging leftists.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Problematic Soup posted:

Lever guns and revolvers still can do a respectable job for self defense if it comes down to it. It’s extraordinarily rare for ammunition capacity to be a major factor in non police/military shootings.

Home invasions are seeing more and more intruders more frequently. Would I be comfortable with a lever in .357? Sure, I already am. Against multiples threats seeking me harm? gently caress no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Cyrano4747 posted:

Cut this poo poo out. If you want to say something, say it rather than throwing out an idiotic smilie.

So is blatant bad faith "ha ha gotcha" posting ok then or sup