Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty

Fun Shoe

bulletsponge13 posted:

Glockstore is affiliated with Identity Evropa, a White Supremacist group.

https://twitter.com/WANaziWatch/status/1103420848633917440?s=20

I hate the fact that so much of the industry is connected to this poo poo.
Dead link

Edit: looks like they got cease and desisted based on the duckduckgo cache.

Problematic Soup posted:

So, there’s this one from SCCY....

https://www.cair.com/florida_firearms_manufacturer_stonewalls_cair_s_request_for_explanation_of_muslim_stoppers_button

This is the last thing I can find about it, so there’s that one.

Isn't CAIR the only group with any evidence of this pin? I remember getting called out for this same exact claim and bring unable to find any additional evidence to support the claim that this was an actual promotional item and not the one off fever dream of some chucklefuck with a button maker.

wheres my beer fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jul 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Gross.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Captain Log posted:

While I accept that it’s nice to have a left leaning gun forum in a hard right leaning gun world, we should still be conscious that not all conservatives are wrong and evil. They have a place here too.

And no, I don’t mean bigots and racists. But those come in all shapes, sizes, and political affiliations.

i appreciate you too, boo

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

If I didn't have an aversion to hanging posters in my home I would hang this up.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

CainFortea posted:

And their "oops"

poo poo talk all you want, at least they realized it was a bad idea.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

CainFortea posted:

Will do!

Here we have a lower commemorating a rapist being confirmed to the SCOTUS
Allegedly, but who needs burden of proof when its not my guy.

quote:

Can't forget this lower celebrating racism and stupidity.
Didnt know walls cared about race or ethnicity.

they dont and they do work but hey open borders when a republican is in charge, right?

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Capn Beeb posted:

There was also the Hogg Hunter lower that got scrubbed out of the arfcom thread, cause ya know a gun company winking at shooting children is cool

Now that is a bad choice.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

the yeti posted:

Nice edits

I added more words to make it more mean

also removed a bit about canadian walls keeping me of canada this weekend out cos it wasn't as amusing as I wanted it to be

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

CainFortea posted:

The people who want to build them do.

THANKS OBAMA

Real edit: Pretty sure most people who want a border wall, which includes a brown, product of immigration, like myself, want them to keep folks from streaming across the border in an uncontrolled and undocumented fashion. The narrative is just more fun when you get to make it about race.

for some it may be about race, but I suspect it's really about low cost unskilled labor suppressing value of unskilled labor

Bonus Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkXhx9wIbio
This dude does a pretty good job of capturing the ILL EAGLE IMMGRUNT sentiment I've picked up on in conversing anecdotally anecdotal conversations with folks on the topic.

The TL;DR is it isn't about race. It's about economics which I'm sure ya'll will also take quarter with since something something consumption isnt ethical or whatever.

wheres my beer fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jul 26, 2019

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

You know, I see this a bunch- but here's the thing.

If someone says "Trump is a piece of poo poo", they're not by extension implying that his political opponents are any better. A fair number of Democrats, and especially progressives are flipping back and forth like a coked-up metronome between being pissed/depressed by basically everything Schumer and Pelosi are doing.

If someone floated out some credible evidence on something Bill Clinton did, a whole lot of people on the left would love to see him dragged into a courtroom.

Criticism of the left/right isn't a defense of the polar opposite or something that should be reacted to on reflex.
The right and left are both guilty of it. The fact of the matter is the allegations have never been substantiated, and at least in appearance, were brought up in order to maximize political damage, not seek out justice. This is very clearly an instance of guilty until proven innocent because he's not our guy.

If it Kavanaugh came out tomorrow and apologized for being a horrible rapist I'm pretty sure more than a few people on the right would be calling for his blood.

quote:

Fears about immigration have had ties to xenophobia and race for basically all of recorded human history, to comical extremes, wherein ancient Romans would be all disdainful and haughty about those filthy Italians who were born a like hundred miles away and clearly an inferior lot.

That doesn't mean you're a racist. I don't know you, and I can't speak as to why you think the way you do, or believe the things you do. But historically? Yeah, racism is a huge part of that debate in cultures all over the world. And it's very obviously, very consciously, a big part of why this administration is doing it.
Differences in culture is totally a thing people do worry about, and to some degree I think is rightfully so. Folks who immigrate to a country should 100% do their damnedest to join the culture of the society they are moving into. That doesn't mean leaving their own culture behind but incorporating the culture into their own. My family was reasonably successful in doing this while preserving their cultural identity.

That said, most of the folks I talk to, both immigrant derived, and native born Americans who give two shits about the immigration topic want immigration to continue, but in order to do so massive reforms need occur, and that means stemming the flow of folks who are willing to come into the country to violate the law.

A 100% open door policy is a bad policy.

quote:

Not really.

The jobs that illegals do are typically jobs that American employees don't want to do, and that employers don't want to pay a fair wage for. Vast parts of our economy rely upon immigrant labor and when there's a shortage, it hurts the economy. Crops literally wither on the vine, unharvested.
Yes this is absolutely a problem within the United States, and it is partially due to the lack of unskilled labor that is willing to do that type of work, and partially due to our culture creating a society where that work is "beneath" the average worker. This is why I'm all for a guest worker program, and I'm also all for a system of bussing America's able bodied but directionless youth to fields to work for the summer so they can build an understanding of the value of hard work, waking up on a schedule, and being rewarded for your (forced ) labor.

quote:

But that aside; the wealthy, going all the way back to the planter elite during America's colony days, have always used wages and economic anxieties to drive a wedge between poor whites and poor blacks. Slaves only took off when indentured servants fell out of favor, in part due to fears that poor whites were going to start lynching the people more or less conspiring to keep them as slaves via burden of debt and a dearth of opportunity/land.

The players change, but the game remains the same.
Wealthy business owners benefit the most from cheap labor. The fact of the matter is, people willing to maintain a lower standard of living, forego federal protections, and other benefits afforded to American workers drive the cost of labor down. The elite have everything to gain and barely anything to lose for exploiting an inexpensive labor source. Sweatshops are a lovely loving thing and everyone should be mad as hell about that.

The thing is, there is plenty of opportunity in the United States and I would love to bring more folks into the country enjoy the fruits of our collective labors, however, the fact of the matter is the system is a total poo poo show, and doing anything like an amnesty or letting folks continue to overstay their visas/whatever is straight up not good. Most other developed countries in the world maintain control of their immigrants, so why is the US the bad guy for doing so?

quote:

If it was really about protecting American labor, they'd be going after the companies that knowingly take advantage of undocumented workers, and are repeatedly caught doing so.

They do not. They never have.
They do however they're not particularly great at enforcement. Probably because we're lovely at prioritizing things in this country.

i also find the thought of religious groups boycotting media groups because positive portrayals of the homosexuals amusing since the media as a whole is full of the gays.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Seriously, don't do this in here. Let's keep this thread a little serious so there can be no misconstruing of intent or what people are saying.

Roger, should we stop this tangent about illegal immigration as well or can we keep trying to flesh out whether or not being for or against controlled immigration counts as being fascist.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

the yeti posted:

Goddamn I can't believe I forgot about moonies

Same, but holy poo poo those bullet crowns are baller.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Which unicorn lower? I wish the PSA one didn't have the stupid snowflake libturds poo poo on it cos unicorns are my fuckin jam.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Capn Beeb posted:

I should get another lower with Marx's face on the magwell and the fire group being Safe/Under No Pretext/Frustrated By Force

I would love to see one of them sculpted lowers done as bust of Lenin or Marx.

stealie72 posted:

I wish spikes wasn't so lovely because I'm simple minded enough to love their honey badger lower.

I wish more "stealth" lowered were on the market that left plenty of room for custom engravings. I'm still salty about my PSA stealth lowers and their oversize font and lovely placement.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Captain Log posted:

This reminds me of one of the greatest things I've ever read in the forums from a million years ago.

People were planning to protest Westboro Baptist's very own Fred Phelps when he died. There was a lot of discussion about how protesting them would be exactly what they want to justify their vile existence.

Then some goon said, "I think we should all dress up like robots, bring a boombox to blast the Star Wars cantina theme, and dance nearby without acknowledging anyone."

If anyone wants to go protest a group by using that method, I'll go with you.

Can we just do this like whenever. Just like the failed Fauxtests of yore?

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

God damnit now I can't use the broad arrow or the Cascadian flag?

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jehde posted:

The Doug is fine, but Cascadia is still a nationalist movement of sorts, atleast when you talk about independence and statehood. It's just bioregionalism based as opposed to ethnofascist nationalism. The racist ones having a pretty distinct flag makes it easy to tell them apart though. Broad arrows (atleast the british military stamp ones I'm thinking) are different enough from Tyr's rune I think, and as said before, it matters more how it's used.

I don't got a problem with people liking their country/region/whatever, but I don't even want to be accidentally with those chuckle fucks.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cyrano, I have a spreadsheet, but the forums don't really support tables. How does this format work for you?

Entity: Bravo Company
Class: Manufacturer, Supplier
Source: Internet.com
Severity: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Allegation posted:

the stars and bars are a poor lower engraving choice

BCM Response posted:

*Crickets*

Entity: Black Rifle Coffee Company
Class: Coffee?
Source: See Image
Severity:

Allegation posted:

Not great messaging on immigration. Also not really delivering on their promise.

Black Rifle Coffee Company Response posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4lp1YBxTsU
Released the above video, deleted post and changed imagery

Entity: Bushmaster
Class: Manufacturer
Source: Print Magazines
Severity:

Allegation posted:

lovely man-card campaign

Bushmaster Response posted:

campaign discontinued

Entity: DE Guns
Class: Supplier
Source: Lincoln Journal Star
Severity:

Allegation posted:

Gunsmith has strong ties to neo-Nazi group, National Alliance.

DE Guns Response posted:

They stand behind their man

Entity: DesertTech
Source: SPLC
Severity:

Allegation posted:

Member of fundamentalist Kingston Mormon Clan. Publicly disavows racism, although the clan believes in early Mormon beliefs with regard to skin tone.

Owner Response posted:

The company was founded in 2007 with an investment from family members. Young denied that The Order was racist or taught any form of bigotry, and said he had people of all races working for him.

“What we’re taught is to love our neighbor, that all people, all races no matter who they are … deserve to be loved,” he explained.

Still, he conceded that some Order members may have prejudiced beliefs because “in our organization people have freedom of choice.”

So what about polygamy? Is it a requirement to gain the highest levels of heaven?

“Yeah, I believe in it,” he said. “As far as how you end up in heaven, that’s up to God.”

Entity: DSArms
Source: DSArms
Severity:

Allegation posted:

FAL Manufacturer that's also WAY into Rhodesia

DSArms Response posted:

*crickets*

Entity: GlockStore
Class: Supplier
Source: WaNaziWatch
Severity:

Allegation posted:

Derek Magill, the owner allegedly has strong ties to White Supremacist Group, Identify Evropa, can't spell. Former staffer alleged pattern of intentionally passing on qualified candidates who are not white.

GlockStore Response posted:

*Cease and Desists Lowtax*

Entity: Griffin Armament
Source: M4Carbine.net
Severity:

Allegation posted:

Engraved suppressors with "Front Towards Arabs".

Griffin Response posted:

*pending*

Entity: IraqVeteran8888
Class: Internet Weirdo
Source: His username
Severity: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Allegation posted:

Not great choice in numbers for his username.

Entity: Khar Arms
Source: Vox
Severity: you do you boo

Allegation posted:

Run by the Moonies

Khar Response posted:

*pending*

Entity: Larry Vickers
Class: Internet Wierdo
Source: YouTube
Severity:

Allegation posted:

REALLY Into Rhodesia, Also This:

Larry Vickers posted:

For $525, You Can Learn How To Fight Terrorists (Muslims Need Not Apply) - Talking Points Memo posted:

I ask if people of Middle Eastern descent take his class. “That’s the one area we watch like a hawk,” Vickers replies. “Everybody is very wary that Abdul Sheikh Muhammed or something wants to take the class. Generally we’ll tell them thanks but no thanks. We’ll tell them the class is full.”

Asked how he weeds outs these potential participants, Vickers says he does it by name alone: “We don’t want them to take our training and find out that they are a member of ISIS or a sympathizer.”

The LAV Response posted:

*pending*

Entity: Palmetto State Armory
Class: Supplier, Manufacturer
Source: Them
Severity:

Allegation posted:

Makes poor choices for lower engraving. Very poor.

Entity: SCCY
Source: CAIR
Severity:

Allegation posted:

Promotional material indicating their product is good for shooting muslims. Button probably existed, hard to tell if this was created by the MFR or someone being clever with the SCCY branding.

SCCY Response posted:

no acknowledgement

Entity: Smith Enterprise
Source: YouTube
Severity:

Allegation posted:

Usage of iconography strongly associated with the worst Nazi units around. Don’t seem to care about this iconography's association with the Nazis.

Smith Enterprise Response posted:

Looks like they dropped the deaths head on their site?

Entity: Spikes Tactical
Source: Newsweek
Severity: :hitler:

Allegation posted:

Overt imagery of shooting antifa protesters, something something about libturds. Also their logo looks like two dicks swatting at a spider.

Spikes Response posted:

Foxtrot Uniform

Entity: T-Rex Arms
Class: Internet Wierdo
Source: Christian Pundit
Patheos
Severity: :chloe:

Allegation posted:

Homophobe, thinks the only utility women have is their baby making utility.

The TRex Response posted:

*pending*

Entity: Troy Industries
Class: Manufacturer, Training Group
Source:TTAG
Severity: :chloe:

Allegation posted:

Attempted to employ anti advocate, Jody Weis for their training division, Oh yeah and Dale Monroe, the FBI Sniper who may have shot an innocent baby holding woman.

Troy Response posted:

Looks like Troy Asymmetric went tits up.

Mod edit: unfucking a broken URL before copying to OP

wheres my beer fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Aug 15, 2019

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

I'll try to do something with the big players regarding the scope of the thread. I spent a non trivial amount of brain power trying to figure out how to factor for S&W/Ruger's alliance with the AWB but haven't quite figured it out. I vote we keep chatter about things like product quality to a minimum unless there's a strong push to advocate purchasing from a manufacturer.

As far as the rating system,

My 2am thought process is as follows:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - Seems normal or the evidence is weak

- this is pretty gross and the evidence supports that its still going on

a little too enthusiastic about walls

- uhhhh that actually fascist/white supremacists and pretty hosed up

Obviously this is all a work and progress and in need of refinement. Be aware of your personal biases and try to let the evidence stand on its own unless you can squeeze in a good laugh. This thread is meant to help people make informed decisions, not make their decisions for them.

wheres my beer fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Aug 15, 2019

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Somebody Awful posted:

Worth noting that by his own admission he also excludes (suspected) Muslims from his training courses.

It's Enterprise, singular. I kept getting that wrong too.

Oh yeah me at 2.5am hosed that up. Updates added. Do you have a link to the Vickers admission? I really really don't wanna slog through 23 pages of this thread again.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Yond Cassius posted:

Here you go!

TY, I updated my post.

Speaking of, I kind of think the scope of this thread is very narrow. Would it make sense to make something like the TFR Guidebook the the Firearms Industry which would increase the scope of things and allow us to not only include Racism/Nazi/Fash but cover some historical poo poo like Bill Ruger's Ghost, Larue being Larue Vicker's Temper Tantrums, Bible quotes on optics, and Dicks getting real mad at SemiAutos?

Not so much for stuff like Remington's slipping product quality but more to better define the personalities these corporations project.

wheres my beer fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Aug 15, 2019

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Shooting Blanks posted:

If we're going to expand the scope, it would probably make sense to differentiate between "Things that will piss off/offend gun owners specifically" (i.e. Ruger and the AWB) vs. "Things that most people should/will find offensive regardless of industry" like using the totenkampf or SS lightning bolts as logos, on gear, etc. I don't really have an opinion on Ruger the company, as an example, whereas using any sort of Nazi imagery is beyond unacceptable.

Well, I think this thread would be a great place to continue to discuss the nuances of what is or isnt fashy rasicm and be a primary driver of information for industry related authoritarian/racist/ racism. As far as a TFR Guide to the Industry, I think calling out the flavor of would be wise as well as positive things . Perhaps a fields like

Noteworth Good Deeds(s): Strongly supports the Pink Pistols, Gives out roast beef sandwiches on Tuesdays, Disowned Larry Vickers
Offense(s): Nazi Iconography, Supports Assault Weapons Ban, Overt Racism

wheres my beer fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Aug 15, 2019

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cyrano4747 posted:

Let’s keep this thread focused the way it is. The issues that spawned this thread are a pretty major concern to a lot of people right now and need their own focus.

Oh my thought isn't to change the focus of this thread, it's to take the learnings from this thread, and also collect other relevant threads into a single, mayhaps slightly less spicy thread and present the information in aggregate alongside other relevant information about companies to help inform the TFR poster that doesn't like this thread but still takes an interest in how lovely or not lovely a company is.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cyrano4747 posted:

If you want to agrigate that kind of stuff I can probably make room in the reviews thread.

Sure thing, I'll do an updated version of the post I made in here, and we can collect the deets in there.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

MohawkSatan posted:

Which is legit, because I'm extra loving salty about capitalist bullshit right now.
Oh is the scary money boogie man going to make you consume goods?

ps: Im pretty salty that you told a someone to kill themselves and got away with a warning.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

MohawkSatan posted:

If be pretty happy with 'have work, have food, have housing, have full healthcare (mental and physical), maybe have some extra to enjoy a hobby or games'. Cause capitalism sure doesn't give me all those, and my choice of jobs is still unsteady dogshit where I routinely need to find new work cause the owner or bosses want more money

Have you considered changing your line of work?

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

I'm not sure what you're on about, but if the particular field you're in is full of lovely bosses perhaps it's a good opportunity to make a change? I'm not saying it's a choice to be poor, but it's pretty clear to me Mohawk is intelligent and likely has a skill set that can be applied elsewhere to earn a better income.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

MohawkSatan posted:

Skinheads are again, literally two groups. There's the racist fuckbag ones, and the ones that are violently anti-racist. I've got a few friends that were or are in the second group. An easy, though not always reliable way to tell is bootlaces. White is white supremacist, blue is a cop killer, red is neo-nazi, yellow is anti-racist, purple is gay pride. Black laces declare nothing, they're literally jus

I generally avoid skin heads at local punk shows because of the Nazi stigma, so it's good to know there are telltales for the ones that will probably and wont probably lose a knife in my ribs because of my beard and skin color.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

I'm not here to debate whether or not Trumps a racist, homophobe, or nazis from the dark side of the moon. He's proven to be heckin' problematic and the purpose of this post is to allow people to make informed choices about who they purchase from and the public stances they've taken.

Entity: AIMSurplus
Class: Manufacturer, Supplier
Source: Pending
Severity:

Han Feizi posted:

They sent me an email about March MAGAness which earned them a blacklisting in my book.

AIM Surplus Response posted:

No request for a response submitted

wheres my beer fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Aug 23, 2019

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

BeAuMaN posted:

Chances are if the e-mail is still in their inbox it will probably be a link to a copy of the e-mail (as is the case with most marking e-mail setups) as as webpage up top (though make sure to remove any identifiers from the URL if possible)

Yeah I checked my inbox but I unsubbed from their emails a year or three ago.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Looks like the archive doesn't go back to March.

wheres my beer fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Aug 23, 2019

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ceros_X posted:

Looks like it is in the title of the link posted?

Ah poo poo. I didn't notice it before. Thanks Ceros_x and Tremblay!

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

LimburgLimbo posted:

Do... do you think neoliberal means “liberal” in the modern American vernacular sense because uhhhh

I think they just conflated liberal and neo-liberal. No reason to be an rear end about it.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

i believe u mean lieberals amirite

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

idk if atlantic or anderson is resonsible for this but its pretty lol

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

How much of the appeal of The Punishner is due to his proclivity for shooting guns, being a beefcake, reputation as a badass antihero, and having a slick logo?

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

stealie72 posted:

So how much is covert homoeroticism?

I kid, I kid. The skull logo is like 90% of it. The 80s vigilantism fetish is the other 10.

Made a minor correction to your post.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

You know it was a satire right? The director didn't even read the book and decided to troll everyone instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkEdyq3UE5M
RLM did a fun Re:view on it.

wheres my beer fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Dec 25, 2019

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Orphans of the Sky was pretty good scifi
Starship Troopers was weird but short and had space 'splosions
Stranger in a Strange land was weird, 300. pages too long, and was a thinly veiled excuse for space harems and blathering on about nothing.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Capn Beeb posted:

The space prison episode was the weakest because it didn't turn into space horror fast enough with Mando stalking everyone through the ship and chumps jumping at shadows

I strongly agree. still good tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

LimburgLimbo posted:

As someone who’s never touched an eotech do they work backwards and it’s just that it’s not the way it’s supposed to be, or is it actually non-functional that way

non-functional.

edit:
I also spent way too much time determining that is some flavor of Eotech EXPS and not some sight that looks like it's a backward mounted Eotech like a Holosun 510C or a Sightmark Ultra Shot M-Spec.

wheres my beer fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jan 3, 2020