Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

ThinkFear posted:

Just gonna quote that article:

Another goody from a couple paragraphs later:

quote:

A stern disciplinarian, who in later years looked and dressed like a mortician, Ortell made incest a tenet of the clan’s faith, informed by his work breeding Holstein cows on the Kingstons’ dairy farm.

Someone could literally print off that page and sell it to HBO as a show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

What if the chess club isn't a chess club but a Chinese checkers club?

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Cyrano4747 posted:

pistil grips

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Honestly, you'd probably have a better chance of being an online retailer than a local shop unless you're in a place that both has lax gun laws and a lot of similarly minded people otherwise your customer base is going to be way too small to support anything long term.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Cyrano4747 posted:

It’s pretty much always been part of it, although it got kicked into hyperdrive (thin blue line, etc) by the general 9/11 frenzy and escalated further by more recent stuff like BLM.

It was much less prior to 9/11, the world then was Waco/Ruby Ridge/the government is coming to kill us gun havers.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Jehde posted:

I also hadn't heard about the Turner Diaries until like a couple months ago. I wasn't surprised by its existence, knowing what I know now of hard right conservative culture, but I was surprised I managed to miss it for so long. Supposedly this thing was selling like hot cakes at gun shows.

It was definitely talked about in the late 90s/early 00s at places like AK-47.net and ARFCOM, it waned after the AWB sunset. Part of that might have been changing demographics with younger people getting into shooting but it might also just be that people don't read books anymore. Heck, I think the History channel has even mentioned it before in some of their shows on white nationalism/OKC Bomber back when they actually still had stuff resembling documentaries.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I wouldn't have predicted a slow descent into heil.

Hah, nice.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Cyrano4747 posted:

Both forums also look quite different today than they did in, say, 2015

Just look at me, I haven't gotten probated for saying stupid things in over a year!

Progress.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

What's the point of a probation if you don't get a gif?

Thanks a lot Drunky McModerson. Or maybe it's Lazy McAdmin who hasn't pushed the weeker with said gif in it yet

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

No but I remember them being a huge thing ever since zombies became a popular nerd thing.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Hooooooooly gently caress.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

I like how Obama and Hillary both look freakish with the Joker smile, but Bernie Sanders actually looks pretty good, dude should smile more.

But yeah that's all pretty awful.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Wasn't the original point of the beards so that they would be respected by tribal elders?

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

It's hard to keep up with the newest racist stuff, those fuckers innovate faster than Apple

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Wait, is Milo a furry?

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Cyrano4747 posted:

lol, googling around I found this which I forgot about. The daugher got ripped off on a lovely fur suit and dad put on the makeup to make a pretty funny call out video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNSBIMLs96M

I just. . . I can't hate anyone who has enough self awareness to let his daughter say, on youtube, with you standing next to her "dad's broke. Mom says he would have more money if he rapped better."

Yep, I love this (I might have been the one to post it here?), there's a second one where they call out cosmetic companies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20u8CuKXaH8

*hisssssss*

Once you get that ICP is just one big joke and not serious at all the music and people are more palatable. It's even admirable that they've been doing it for 30ish years at this point.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Cyrano4747 posted:

*these were the purely death camps like Sobibor and Treblinka where people were gassed on arrival with no permanent prisoner population besides a few press ganged to help shift bodies, who in turn were killed every few months. Check out Blatt’s From the Ashes of Sobibor for a just account from one of the few guys in that position who survived.

Smithsonian had a pretty good documentary about Treblinka a few years back, it was some poo poo. I don't think I had heard of Treblinka before that, I'd heard of a lot of the other major concentration camps but I feel like that one might have been glossed over in my world history classes. And rightfully so, you'd send students home with nightmares.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Bad haircuts in general.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Capn Beeb posted:

It's lol that the McResistance wants to ~*cancel*~ NYT now, but not when they were normalizing loving nazis.

You mean in the 1920s?

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Warbadger posted:

The only silver lining here is that I get to be a part of disappointing everybody buying these next year.

You mean when they get made collector pieces like the Dewey Defeats Truman papers?

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

I don't know why that Henry Trump gun surprises anyone, have you never seen the commercials on TV with the owner from New York (that play late at night on Fox News)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odPBVPoPpn8

https://www.ispot.tv/brands/IIh/henry-repeating-arms

Were you not expecting that man/company to be extremely pro-Trump?

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Steeltalon posted:

You have a problem with that commerical? It wasn't offensive in the least. At a publish date of 2009 it pre dates Trump by close to decade.

...where did I say I had a problem with it?

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Um, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that even if they're not advertising it, every gun company in America likes Trump, from the CEO down to the guys pressing buttons on the CNC machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Anchor Wanker posted:

I would vote for anyone who ran on a platform of throwing that man, specifically, into a used needle disposal bin and locking him there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CAQ0iZKP08