Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

CHARIZARD used SMOKESCREEN
It doesn't affect GEORDI THE BLASTOISE!
Thanks OP. I claimed 16 hours for a cool extra $400 (!!!) since I got a notice from the IRS last year that someone else was running using my Social Security number, so I really did need to waste a lot of time sorting that out and have the documentation to prove it.

I'm also an OPM victim so who knows if Equifax is really to blame, but I'll blame them anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

So how does this work? In order to qualify for the $125, must I already have credit monitoring? The form alludes to this, but doesn't explicitly say it.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

enraged_camel posted:

So how does this work? In order to qualify for the $125, must I already have credit monitoring? The form alludes to this, but doesn't explicitly say it.

like every bank does to you, you can lie to them as well

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Wow you can also file claims for your kids!

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Demon Of The Fall posted:

like every bank does to you, you can lie to them as well

seems like perjury

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

enraged_camel posted:

seems like perjury

They are definitely going to take you to court

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

enraged_camel posted:

seems like perjury

Unless you have to swear under penalty of perjury, it’s not technically perjury.

Clyfe
Mar 21, 2013
Thanks OP! *it's free real estate*

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

Thanks OP.

Also to everyone. Y’all should just freeze your credit for security reasons anyway so no one can randomly open credit card in your name even if they steal your info.

Also it only take minutes to fill out some online form and let them know you need it unfrozen for a specific amount of time or period if you decide to go car shopping one weekend.

Your score would still increase and it just means no one can pull your score without unfreezing.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Damnit! I'm not eligible.

I mean. That's good and all... but... Free money...

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm getting $175 of MONEY lololol. I'm rich! gently caress off, poor goons :shepspends:

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Personally, I spent exactly five hours researching the breach and how it affected me and then another 5 hours assisting family and friends in researching how the breach affected them.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Resting Lich Face posted:

Damnit! I'm not eligible.

I mean. That's good and all... but... Free money...

it says i'm not eligible but i still spent like a month that month researching how bad net security is and worrying about the future, so i will be filing my own loss of valuable time claim despite not being breached

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Based on the information you provided, our records indicate your personal information was impacted by this incident.

awwwwwwww yeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

UltraRed posted:

I'm getting $175 of MONEY lololol. I'm rich! gently caress off, poor goons :shepspends:

Gonna need to see your documentation citizen.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

larchesdanrew posted:

Personally, I spent exactly five hours researching the breach and how it affected me and then another 5 hours assisting family and friends in researching how the breach affected them.

I added 1 hour for "backtracking to find a real site that wasn't trying to steal my data"

Remember there was a site to check whether you were affected or not, but it was fraudulent

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I was legitimately affected by this and am glad I finally get my hot, wet, stinky cash.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
They can't tell you how long it would reasonably take you to request, receive, and review all three credit reports from the major bureaus so lol if you're not getting your full 10 in.

Blowmonkey
Jan 9, 2005

Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.
So when the money finally trickles down to everyone filling this out, we should all get about $1.50, right? I'll take it.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Moridin920 posted:

They can't tell you how long it would reasonably take you to request, receive, and review all three credit reports from the major bureaus so lol if you're not getting your full 10 in.

Dang take some maven beacons dude

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

my data was breached, free money :woop:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Polio Vax Scene posted:

my data was breached, free money :woop:

it's my data and i want it NOW

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Blowmonkey posted:

So when the money finally trickles down to everyone filling this out, we should all get about $1.50, right? I'll take it.

yeah it’s s 31$ million pot and 167 million were affected so lmaoo

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

tangy yet delightful posted:

it's my data and i want it NOW

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Blowmonkey posted:

Hey now, be optimistic. If literally everyone impacted joins the suit, we'll all get about $5.40!

I doubt even half join, so probably about :10bux: Hell yeah!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/26/us/equifax-breach-settlement-questions-answered-trnd/index.html

quote:

If you don't do anything, you relinquish your right to sue Equifax in the future, and you give up on the $125 or 10 years of free credit monitoring provided by the settlement.
Your deadline to opt out is November 19, and your deadline to file a claim based on this settlement is January 22.

LOL, our legal system is so hosed. You either take them up on their offer, or you explicitly opt out. If you do neither, TOO BAD, SO SAD!

If you do nothing, you should be opted out and therefore have the right to sue them later if warranted.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

this poo poo isn't free money, this is breadcrumbs for literally loving america

Considering how much this nation sucks corporate cock I'll take my breadcrumbs because 99 times out of 100 we get nothing.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
:laffo: I can't believe I'm eligible! Hoping for this sweet, sweet payday.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

enraged_camel posted:

seems like perjury

Wells Fargo commited identity theft and fraud but they're still allowed to do business so :shrug:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Your bank likely has some free credit monitoring thing as part of your checking account anyway.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Moridin920 posted:

Your bank likely has some free credit monitoring thing as part of your checking account anyway.

Most credit cards offer some level of credit monitoring these days as part of their perks. Both my Capital One and Discover cards have a very basic Credit Karma kind of thing.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
So does Aaa

Note Burt didn’t say aarp

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

I was not affected but I submitted for a settlement anyway, gently caress it, give me some money

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kazak posted:

I was not affected but I submitted for a settlement anyway, gently caress it, give me some money

Let me know how that works out, pms of course.

E wait

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Wow I'm not eligible either. Color me shocked that a giant corporation didn't gently caress me for once.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
I'm going to register once I'm not on public wifi. I froze all my credit once I figured out I was impacted. I would recommend if you aren't getting a loan or new credit card to freeze your credit through each agency (Equifax, experian, transunion) and only unfreeze when you are applying for new credit, so people can't apply for credit cards with your info.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Most credit cards offer some level of credit monitoring these days as part of their perks. Both my Capital One and Discover cards have a very basic Credit Karma kind of thing.

Are you sure? They at most tell me my credit score, but I've never had any of them give me alerts when I apply for a loan or new line of credit or something.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Dammit I cannot read, ignore this.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Burt Sexual posted:

Let me know how that works out, pms of course.

E wait

If this plan works I'll be flush, lowtax will be swimming in vertebrae

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Whooping Crabs posted:

I'm going to register once I'm not on public wifi. I froze all my credit once I figured out I was impacted. I would recommend if you aren't getting a loan or new credit card to freeze your credit through each agency (Equifax, experian, transunion) and only unfreeze when you are applying for new credit, so people can't apply for credit cards with your info.

It’s bullshit that they can’t create a single website to freeze your credit vs having to do it three different places. In this age of microservices and all.