Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Resting Lich Face posted:

Society is an elaborate joke at the expense of 99.999% of us.

More like a solid 90%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Taima posted:

More like a solid 90%.

have you seen income inequality graphs? 90% would be a goal to strive for

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

I'm glad I entered my personal information into their website for no benefit.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Equifax just emailed me and said they need a picture of my rear end hole to process my claim for 33 cents

And, Trans Union needs a pic of my MOMS rear end hole, just cause? How I'm supposed to get that.

Do any of you goons that have hosed my mom got a pic of her rear end hole.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

im on the net me boys posted:

They probably won't bother to check
Nah, they've rejected people for putting credit karma already.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Sierra Nevadan posted:

I'm glad I entered my personal information into their website for no benefit.

They already had it my dude

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
normally this would all be far too much hassle for me but i'm going to crawl over broken loving glass to take these dipshits moneys

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Khorne posted:

Really?

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Huh, so that's why Im in all this debt and my credit scores suck, cause of the drat hackers. They better pay me my 20000 soon then.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Khorne posted:

Who has gotten rejected? I didn't think they were at any 'rejecting' stage yet.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

LabyaMynora posted:

Joining this will prevent you from suing Equifax in the future if your stolen data is ever used for identity theft.

Why settle for $125 or whatever, when I can just sue Equifax on my own if/when someone uses my stolen info to take out loans and mortgages in my name/SSN?

I'd rather get restitution for the full actual damages that arise rather than settling for a trifle and being hosed over and left on my own.

lol as if you're going to sue a huge corporation

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Look it's either we try to cash in now or we launch unsuccessful individual lawsuits on a giant corporation later and guess which one of those is going to work out

What if we were to burn their HQ to the ground,and make a pile of the C-level corpses on the front lawn?

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

I haven't gotten any emails and I've checked my spam folder. I don't understand why they'd email some of us but not all of us.

It’s just the hackers trying to gather new information on everyone.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

I got :20bux: from an olive oil settlement that barilla did, and that's too much money for a credit agency

don't worry there will be another angry congressional hearing maybe

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I got more money from both the compact disc and DRAM price fixing settlements

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Supreme Allah posted:

Do any of you goons that have hosed my mom got a pic of her rear end hole.

Turn off your monitor

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
BREAKING

From one of my fraud accounts

XKCD Webcomic User Forums
Date of Incident: July 1, 2019
Date Made Public: September 1, 2019
Records Affected: Estimated 560,000
Data Compromised: Hackers have reportedly breached the user forums of popular webcomic XKCD. Exposed information may have included usernames, email addresses, salted and hashed passwords, as well as some IP addresses from the time of registration. XKCD states that it has taken the forums offline until it can ensure that they are secure. The organization also posted a message warning users to change their XKCD passwords, as well as any similar passwords they use for other accounts.

Click here to learn more

https://www.engadget.com/2019/09/03/xkcd-forum-breach-exposes-details-from-over-560-000-user-account/

Oh no!

As ThreatPost explained, phpBB and other DIY platforms are a popular choice for fan forums within the gaming community and are often vulnerable to attacks due to being poorly maintained. Still, it's unclear whether XKCD's forum was running an older version of phpBB. Engadget has reached out to XKCD for comment, and will update if we hear back.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

lmfao i just got my check boys, you ready for this?

🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁

:boom: $8.65 :sotw:

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

PIZZA.BAT posted:

🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁

Wow.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Now let's class action lawsuit the lawyers who kept all the class action lawsuit money for false advertising or whatever.

Moto42
Jul 14, 2006

:dukedog:
Yea, it sucks that the victims get jack and the lawyers make bank.

Class actions like this are one of the few (sorta) functioning mechanisms for slapping these companies when they gently caress everyone over, and the only enticement to get the law-firms involved is their huge cut of a giant payout or settlement.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

I totally forgot to respond to the email so you are welcome for such a great payout.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

PIZZA.BAT posted:

🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁

Yeah just got my $8.65 too. gently caress corporations.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Upon receipt of your $8.65, you absolve any major credit bureau of wrongdoing and forfeit any future litigation. Thank you for your data.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

down n out posted:

Upon receipt of your $8.65, you absolve any major credit bureau of wrongdoing and forfeit any future litigation. Thank you for your data.

lol like i could do anything to them in the first place. i’ll take my mcdonald’s value meal

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

down n out posted:

Yeah my Lionel Hutz of a lawyer who works out of his house definitely stands a chance against Experian’s cabal of millionaire lawyers.

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

Everytime I look around, I see
So much drama goin down
Everytime I look around, I see
So much fakeness goin down
ok im down for 375 lets see what happens

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Their executives sold tons of company stock two days before they went public with the info and nobody was even so much as fined lol

This is a good thing.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

down n out posted:

Outside of ultra wealthy billionaires, no one in America has the limitless resources to take on Equifax in court, so may as well go with the $8.65 because it's better than $0.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Nov 24, 2019

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
It's worth noting that the deadline is January 22, 2020

Or whatever, I don't know any more

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
lol every time this poo poo pops up i am eligible and my only dealings are with a local credit union thanks monolithic invisible money fiants i want some money then you should be guillotined

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Outside of ultra wealthy billionaires, no one in America has the limitless resources to take on Equifax in court, so may as well go with the $8.65 because it's better than $0.

you can buy a crappy dildo to gently caress youself with so you have more than just the metaphorical loving they do to you

vote bernie bitxhes

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

i guess i could just bump this thread rather than making a new one. another security breach, another settlement. YAHOO

https://yahoodatabreachsettlement.com/

quote:

Important information – review this website and contents carefully:

A Class Action Settlement has been proposed in litigation against Yahoo! Inc. (“Yahoo”) and Aabaco Small Business, LLC (together, called “Defendants” in this notice), relating to data breaches (malicious actors got into system and personal data was taken) occurring in 2013 through 2016, as well as to data security intrusions (malicious actors got into system but no data appears to have been taken) occurring from, at least, January to April 2012 (collectively the “Data Breaches”). If you received a notice about the Data Breaches, or if you had a Yahoo account at any time between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2016 and are a resident of the United States or Israel, you are a “Settlement Class Member.”

Under the terms of the Settlement, Yahoo has enhanced, or, through its successor in interest, Oath Holdings Inc. (“Oath”), continues to enhance its business practices that will improve the security of its users’ personal information stored on its databases. Defendants will also pay for a Settlement Fund of $117,500,000. The Settlement Fund will provide a minimum of two years of Credit Monitoring Services to protect Settlement Class Members from future harm, or an alternative cash payment for those who verify they already have credit monitoring or identity protection. The Settlement Fund will also provide cash payments to those who have demonstrated out-of-pocket losses, including loss of time, as well as payments to Yahoo users who paid for advertisement free or premium Yahoo Mail services and those who paid for Aabaco Small Business services, which included business email services. The Settlement Fund will also pay the costs of notice and the settlement administration; court-approved attorneys’ fees, costs, and expenses; and Service Awards for named Plaintiffs. In exchange, Settlement Class Members will release any and all claims they may have against Defendants regarding the Data Breaches.

Settlement Class Members May Act Now To Protect Themselves From Possible Harm Resulting From The Data Breach

Settlement Class Members are encouraged to submit a claim to receive a minimum of two years of future Credit Monitoring Services. If you already have Credit Monitoring Services, you may still sign up for this additional protection. Alternatively, if you verify that you already have a credit monitoring service that you will keep for at least one year, you may submit a claim for a cash payment of $100.00 instead of receiving Credit Monitoring Services through the Settlement. Payment for such a claim may be less than $100.00 or more (up to $358.80) depending on how many Settlement Class Members participate in the Settlement.

You may additionally provide documentation or proof to receive reimbursement of up to $25,000.00 in out-of-pocket losses, including lost time, that you believe you suffered or are suffering because of the Data Breaches. As to documented lost time, you can receive payment for up to fifteen hours of time at an hourly rate of $25.00 per hour or unpaid time off work at your actual hourly rate, whichever is greater. If your lost time is not documented, you can receive payment for up to five hours at that same rate.

If approved, the proposed Settlement will resolve the litigation entitled In re: Yahoo! Inc. Customer Data Security Breach Litigation, Case No. 16-md-02752-LHK (N.D. Cal.), before Judge Lucy H. Koh in the Northern District of California, and Yahoo! Inc. Private Information Disclosure Cases, JCCP No. 4895, before Judge Glenda Sanders in the Orange County Superior Court. The Court must decide whether to finally approve the Settlement. No Credit Monitoring Services will be provided, and no payments will be made until the Settlement becomes final. The class action settlement approval process may take more than one year.

managed to get a whopping eight bucks from the last one let's see how this shakes out

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Gonna give my personal data to the people who gave away everyone's data lol

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
my ssn didn't get leaked

hoping the text input on that site was compromised so I can get 375 liferuinedbyhackerslashscammerbucks ten years from now on

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

you don't have to enter your ssn on this one. just name and address

Explosive Tampons posted:

my ssn didn't get leaked

hoping the text input on that site was compromised so I can get 375 liferuinedbyhackerslashscammerbucks ten years from now on

gentlemen we're witnessing the dawn of a glorious new age. the age of the identity hack based economy :drum:

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Never even got my check for the equifax breach. It's probably fine.... the lawyers took so much of the settlement we're lucky we didn't all end up having to pay them, instead of getting a settlement check.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Was eligible for both Experian and Yahoo claims. Can’t wait for my fractions of a cent or outright denial if/when these settlements start going viral and some rear end in a top hat judge rules the payout is impossible or some other kind of shady poo poo I don’t know

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I’m having a very bleak laugh the contrast between the thread title and how poo poo actually turned out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Things that get people's hopes up are necessary and good, because it's how radicalization happens to normal people.

Yay, we worked together for 3 years and finally passed a straw ban! We believed in each other, came together, and did it! The system works! Time to watch the results happen. Wait, what's this, during those 3 years the GOP rolled back regulations on nearly all other forms of pollution? Oh what's this, they just rolled back our straw ban while we were looking at that? gently caress this, *Googles Bernie, supports him in 2016* Oh huh, his own party ratfucked him and there's really just one party, the party of war and corporate money? *Googles Antifa and Bernie 2020*