Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
I mean come on: 50 Cent, George W. Bush, Paris Hilton, 9/11, Myspace, Iraq, Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones, Hurricane Katrina, redbull, anthrax, The Apprentice, trucker hats, the 2004 tsunami, American Idol, The Matrix Reloaded ???

Yeah, no. We are not nostalgic for the 2000s and we are not going to be, don't fall for the inevitable blog posts and articles coming in the next few years trying to tell us we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

It's already started my dude

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Is that when the jnco pants were around ?

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Sorry op i already bought a bucket hat and tie dye clothes

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

You'll get my hackey sack when you pry it from my cold dead hands

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Op those are some loving terrible examples of 2000s nostalgia lmao

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We can’t have nostalgia yet, ppl are still milking 2005 like it was yesterday. :shrug:

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

have you not heard a constant stream of early 00’s hits at majority of bars because op you’re really missing out

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
90s nostalgia is large and in charge, and the 90s was a deeply embarrassing time for everyone involved.

I'm ready for Y2K2.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

like why have something to dance to when you could jump up and down, shouting lyrics you suddenly remember from grade school

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
it was supposed to have happened already, we just went back to the 80's again

the only things worth pulling out the bush years are invader zim and hey ya

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Sid Vicious posted:

It's already started my dude

Don't exaggera----

NO!!!

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Cubone posted:

Going back to the Zim heydays, huh?

I'll dust off my random spork.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Cubone posted:

I mean, we spent half our time in the 2000s being nostalgic for the 80s so that kind of makes sense.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
*takes c&c music factory cd out of 6 disc cd changer in trunk of car, replaces it with the real mccoy*

:hai:

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

I don't remember anything that happened during those 10 years

CHUCK WAS TAKEN
Aug 1, 2004
this kid has heart
I like $0.50

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
You're right OP, we're never going to have 00s nostalgia. That's why you never see memes of The Sopranos or the Star Wars prequels and why nobody ever talks about The Office or Deadwood.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I'm nostalgic for flying planes into buildings

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I wish a 1920s nostalgia would take hold and I could wear my fedoras without shame.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Honestly the 2000s kind of just never really ended. It's hard to "bring back" 2000s poo poo when so much of it is still around. Youtube, comic book movies, reality shows, The Fast and the Furious, war in the middle east, Mariah Carey, the Saw movie franchise... you'd have to ignore lots of major 2000s poo poo to focus on things that came and went within the decade.

Like, being a "hipster" was a thing in the 2000s but you can't bring it back because hipsterdom pretty much became mainstream in the 2010s, you'll just look like any regular joe.

Big Butt Skinner
Apr 16, 2005

Blueprints of the dummy...
Notarized photos of you making the dummy...
And an alternate wording for the banner: "Buttzilla."
I was born in 2010 so idk

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Big Butt Skinner posted:

I was born in 2010 so idk

Huge if true

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
They're already reissuing old flipphones and Nokia style candybar phones because people are nostalgic for them and the lack of distraction they have versus smart phones. Same with iPods. That entire era where we had the internet and DVDs but before social media and smart phones and streaming media is something that a ton of people have nostalgia for.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I mean, the 80s sucked ferociously but everyone's all over Polaroids and Stranger Things

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
DVD MOVIE MENUS MOTHER FUCKER
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE0OrtkUWPFIEg_Cmu6Gl3Q/videos

Also yeah I was a hipster in the 2000, so my nostlga is hiding my 96kbs mp3 collection from everybody, so nobody knows the bands I like.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

Honestly the 2000s kind of just never really ended. It's hard to "bring back" 2000s poo poo when so much of it is still around. Youtube, comic book movies, reality shows, The Fast and the Furious, war in the middle east, Mariah Carey, the Saw movie franchise... you'd have to ignore lots of major 2000s poo poo to focus on things that came and went within the decade.

Like, being a "hipster" was a thing in the 2000s but you can't bring it back because hipsterdom pretty much became mainstream in the 2010s, you'll just look like any regular joe.

Cubone posted:

correct, it will never happen and basically just kind slogged ahead in one giant blur. no one is nostalgia for butt-rock, or 9/11, or foreverwars and john ashcroft covering up statue titties and nu-metal and poo poo. minimum wage is still set in mid-2000 for gently caress sake and we're still in foreverwars. shameful

like the only functional thing different is life is mostly worse for lots more people compared to 2006; and for lots of millennials they're now making 150k touching computers selling ads to people or w/e instead of being poor n unemployed in college and i bet you they like making 150k a lot more than being nostalgia for the 2000s.

we will basically stuck on 80s/early 90s nostalgia in perpetuity.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jul 25, 2019

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Xaris posted:

we will basically stuck on 80s/early 90s nostalgia in perpetuity.

Like the mid 90's was the start of the kind of new "nostalgia," where it's more like local culture, Pop punk, raver, Grunge, metal head, Hip hop, tv Watcher, but instead of just being a physical place, it is also a mental space of where ever the gently caress you were on the net. Sooo, anybody wanna do a Something Awful Thread Re-enactment of 9/11.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Xaris posted:

and for lots of millennials they're now making 150k touching computers selling ads to people or w/e instead of being poor

Lmao uh. I'd like to meet these fellow members of my generation you speak of, because I certainly haven't come across them yet.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

OP I am nostalgic of PS2 games and Nestea Cool

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Take the nestea, nestea plluuuuuunnnngggeee. :woop:

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

DVD MOVIE MENUS MOTHER FUCKER
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE0OrtkUWPFIEg_Cmu6Gl3Q/videos

Also yeah I was a hipster in the 2000, so my nostlga is hiding my 96kbs mp3 collection from everybody, so nobody knows the bands I like.

I'm rocking my authentic 2000s full-screen DVDs, my cred is legit.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

I'm rocking my authentic 2000s full-screen DVDs, my cred is legit.

Pan and scan baby! :woop:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

Lmao uh. I'd like to meet these fellow members of my generation you speak of, because I certainly haven't come across them yet.

forum id=219.

no but a decent amount are making p good bank touching computers. there's so many pudgy white ohio or wisconsinite millennial transplants here and they all suck but have too much money, although i'll admit that's more geographically concentrated--mostly those in seattle/denver/sf/la/nyc/boston touching computers for that, others in other cities definitely not nearly as much.. i almost regret not doing it my but i like playing in mud and grout instead

that' sstill a p small percentage, most people are living shittier than they did in the 2000s.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Cubone posted:

oh and aqua teen hunger force
a couple weeks ago I was at a gathering with some high school friends and two people responded to some random context cue with "carpet? no. that's berber. it's an industry term" which turned into a kitchen full of drunk 30 year olds cracking up quoting "don't get too attached there aladdin because it's about to be magic flyin dinner"/"you can't eat carpet... silly daddy"/"not like that you can't. ya gotta boil it first, til the glue gets soft"

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Going back to the Zim heydays, huh?

I'll dust off my random spork.
that show owns

it did the cynical-detachment-meets-over-the-top-science-fiction with awful fans thing like fully a decade before rick and morty, except zim was for children instead of manchildren so it didn't feel the need to beat you over the head with with an aesop about loveless marriage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfYJUfx4Ogk
poop lol

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
the weed sucked and it was expensive

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

the weed sucked and it was expensive

neutral milk hotel
yeah

also no cool thc pens and super tincture edibles and all that cool poo poo we have today. back then all you had was a hand-made pom bottle bong, sobe bottle gravity bong, or if you were really fancy an early gen vaporgenie.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

I'm nostalgic for flying planes into buildings

I guess we could do without the energetic and earnest Islamophobia

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Remember 9/11 derangement syndrome? When famous artists would lose their fuckin minds and turn out real bad stories about catching and punishing da terrorists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The 2000s were the era where games didn't have DLC and microtransactions and day one patches, when you could actually buy and own music and movies over the internet instead of just leasing them from some subscription service, when LAN parties and multiplayer servers were only just starting to see competition from peer-to-peer networking, when you could count the number of comic book movies coming out each year on one hand and when nobody gave a poo poo what China thought about our blockbusters, when home ownership and fulltime employment were still the norm, and when forums were still the dominant form of discussion on the internet.

Who wouldn't long for that compared to hellworld?