Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

ok

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

i copped sal and got scum

##vote sal

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

wait a minute there's no votefinder

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

mod is a psychopath

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Byers2142 posted:

Real Mafia players don't need votefinder. :colbert:

It's early enough D1 I need to ask; is that a serious vote on Sal?

trying to head off the idiots who will say "if u got a scum result y u no vote sal?????"

I don't trust my result obviously, but I don't trust everyone else either.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

GenericGirlName posted:

Phone posts and typos, name a more iconic duo

SAL and BEING SCUM

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Votecount for Day 1

SalTheBard (2): Mr. Humalong, chaoslord
Nep-Nep (1): SalTheBard, SalTheBard, Lumpen
chaoslord (1): Nep-Nep
Hal Incandenza (1): b-minus1

Not Voting (6): Anomalous Amalgam, Byers2142, GenericGirlName, Hal Incandenza, Harold Krell, SalTheBard

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 08th, 2019 at 5 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 19 hours.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Byers2142 posted:

This is a scum post. Voted Sal based on a self-admitted dodgy cop result, with a reason pulled from a scum mindset (avoiding attention from town), and now cheerleading Sal as scum with no casing. chaoslord's case is bad, but Humalong is scum.

##vote Humalong

no u

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Byers2142 posted:

Nope, I'm confirmed Miller.

I mean, not really, but it makes as much sense as a scum rolecop.

quote:

1 Sane Cop, who investigates town as town and scum as scum.
1 Insane Cop, who investigates town as scum and scum as town.
1 Naive Cop, who investigates everybody as town.
1 Paranoid Cop, who investigates everybody as scum.
1 Random Cop, who returns results based on a coin flip.
1 Binary Cop, who returns town results on odd nights and scum results on even nights.
1 Residue Cop, who returns scum results if scum have ever targeted that person. If scum have never targeted that person, returns a town result.
1 Bandwagon Cop, who returns the same result as the majority of the other cops.
1 Contrarian Cop, who returns the exact opposite result as the Bandwagon Cop.

2 Scum Rolecops, who can determine the exact sanity of a player in lieu of performing the night-kill.

:thunk:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

I unvoted because technically Nep didn't scum claim. It was more "Hey I self copped and got scum" instead of the joke phase "LOL guys I'm scum!"

I've also updated my results list:

pre:
Name	                         N0 Target	        N0 Result
b-minus1                                Cop Hal	                Scum
GenericGirlName	                 Cop Clord	        Scum
Hal Incandenza	                 Cop AA	                Town
Harold Krell		
Nep-Nep	                         Cop Nep	        Scum
chaoslord                               Cop Krell	        Town
SalTheBard                            Cop Byers	        Town
Byers2142                              Cop Lumpen	Town
Anomalous Amalgam	         Cop B-	                Town
Mr. Humalong	                 Cop Sal	                Scum
Lumpen	                                 Cop Hal	                Town
I also hadn't thought about how scummy self targetting is because like someone else said you don't really contribute to the conversation.

I tried

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

sure would be great if harold shared their result

right now we have 6 town results to 4 scum results

of course 2 of those results could be (and likely are) lying, filthy scum up to no good and with a reason to mislead and confuse us hardworking, clean, and honest town

only two people claim to have targeted the same person, binus and lumpen targeted hal and have two different results

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Byers2142 posted:

Oh no, my Miller fakeclaim has been revealed!

Seriously? That's some nice soft OMGUS redirecting there.

no that emoji was my bemusement at your complete inability to read the OP

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Byers2142 posted:

Almost as though the Miller claim that I made pre-role PMs was a joke?

why are you stuck on the miller thing

no one gives a poo poo about the miller thing

im talking about you saying

Byers2142 posted:

I mean, not really, but it makes as much sense as a scum rolecop.

do you get it now

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

gonna ##vote harold krell, destroyer of games because i have strong suspicions they will not attempt to engage in this game much and not divulging their n0 result despite being around and posting when the game started makes me extremely suspicious of them

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Harold Krell posted:

Copped Mr. Humalong as SCUM.

feel much better about my vote now

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

that gives us a 7-4 split TOWN-SCUM

so the bandwagon cop returned TOWN and the contrarian cop returned SCUM

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Byers2142 posted:

Moving away from logic puzzles and solving the game, Krell, why did you lurk from day start until someone put a vote on you, then post this literally 3 minutes after Huma voted for you?

And in general, what's with the lovely Post History? It shows Krell's last post anywhere on SA as in June. Did Lowtax break more of the site while I was gone?

Search has been broken for a long time and a byproduct of that is post histories are usually missing anything super recent and anything super old

So if you want to see posts any of us made between like 2015 and June of this year you’re set. Anything else you’re probably hosed.

Your first question is a good one and is why my vote is still on him.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I voted Krell to get their night result (and because they were lurking) and they immediately posted a lie

That seems like a good reason to vote someone to me

I’m fine being voted out, if I flip sane or insane cop then we have either identified a scum or cleared someone. If I flip one of the other cop roles then we have removed bad information and made it easier to locate scum.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

ok ill cop lumpen

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

harold is my first choice. aa and binus would be distant second and third

not sure on byers, can't tell if trying to maintain a chokehold on discussion because scum or overly helpful town. i would need another game day to be able to make a call

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

lol

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

redneck nazgul posted:

Everybody gathered around Mr. Humalong. It seemed obvious that he was the murderer.

So they bludgeoned him to death with their truncheons, because the armorer was out to lunch and they couldn't requisition their handguns.

After they finished and left Mr. Humalong as a thoroughly beaten corpse, they discovered something unnerving amidst his possessions.

It wasn't a knife. It was a copy of the famous self-help book "Going With The Crowd: Why Believing Everything Everyone Else Does Can Be Profitable".

Mr. Humalong, Bandwagon Cop, was beaten to death on Day 1!

Thread won't close at night, feel free to twilight all you want.

:siren: SEND IN YOUR NIGHT ACTIONS :siren:

:ghost: how do i find out the setup :ghost:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

spacing in vienna posted:

Also I'm glad they put Phil Spector in jail for killing his wife but he deserved to be in prison long before that for turning the entire "Let It Be" album into shmaltzy garbage. I'd ask what John was thinking but this was around the time he was loving Yoko soooooo

:ghost: The entire band was checked the gently caress out by that point, I think. They just wanted to release it and be done with it.

I need to listen to that remaster they put out like 16 years ago that stripped out all the Spector touches. :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Prime cop would be a much more obscured type than binary, I like that idea.

Also lol at Krell being Krell.