Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Oh thank God, I found this place -

I'm having a nightmare identifying a set of cufflinks. Due to their shape, I cannot get my loupe close enough to the hallmark to figure it out. Here is what I know -

- Purchased by my father in the 90's
- Possible Stores - Harrod's, Harvey Nichols, Corzine's. Probably somewhere slightly posh
- Maker's Mark appears to be a JS? YS? IJ? I cannot figure it out.
- Definitely Silver

Any help would be really appreciated. We are trying to figure out of these are a Goodwill or Ebay venture. They hold no sentimental value -

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Would this be the correct thread to ask about a mysterious pair of sterling silver cufflinks I bought in England during the 90's?

I'm very familiar with silver, but I absolutely cannot identify who made these drat cufflinks.

Purchased and Harvey Nichols in the mid 90's -

They hallmarks indicate they are from London and Sterling. But I absolutely cannot identify the maker's mark. It looks like an SJ? I've used my x60 loupe and just cannot figure it out.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I've got a question about British gold jewelry -

My great-grandfather, a British man, wore this pinky ring his whole life. It skipped a generation, because he didn't have any boys, to my father. It was handed down to me when I was fifteen, and I've worn it for the last twenty-three years. I figure that if a man survived WWII in spitfires with this ring, I'll happily take some of that good luck in my own life. :derptiel:

It's about a hundred years old, and nine karat. I know nine karat gold was preferred by the British, and love the understated luster.

Where would one go about finding nine karat British jewelry, specifically necklaces?

For reference -

Yes, I know it could be polished. But I much prefer the character the scuffs give it.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Any advice of where to find legitimate, hallmarked British men's jewelry stateside? Specifically, a 9ct gold necklace?

Google brings up a million clad things I don't want, or things that think a hallmark means a single .375 stamp on the lobster clasp.