Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009
I had a necklace that was stolen a few years ago. It was a large rectangular amythest (maybe 1/2 inch x 3/4inch). It was in a gold box setting. The amythest was previously part of a bracelet that belonged to my great grandma, so it was probably an antique cut. I wore the necklace all the time, and while I know certain sentimental aspects of the necklace are irreplaceable, I would like to get something similar.

My sister and I were gifted matching necklaces made out of stones from this bracelet. I was hoping to bring my sister’s necklace to a jeweler and have it replicated. I don’t think this is the type of work my local jeweler would handle. I live in the Los Angeles area, so I could drive to the jewelry district there, but I’m overwhelmed by the number of stores and I’m unsure how to find someone who will do I good job. Any advice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009

JohnnyRnR posted:

This sounds like it wouldn't be too difficult. If you send me a photo I'll refer you to someone in LA that has the capability.

Any help you could give me would be great. I’d bring the actual necklace with me when I visit the jeweler.