Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I haven't played it yet but I will. I am definitely going black eagles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Its three real estate

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
The intro video is sick is as far as I am right now

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Went black eagles + hard mode, myself

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

HolePisser1982 posted:

Went black eagles + hard mode, myself

Gonna do this too

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Hizke posted:

I haven't played it yet but I will. I am definitely going black eagles.

Same, but maybe Golden Deer? Leaning towards Eagles though.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

Its three real estate

Lol

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
The other two dudes seem kinda lame lol but hell could be cool

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Manuela.....

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

Its three real estate

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I've never played a FE game. Should I try this one

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

She looks like anime Edna Krabbapel and it hosed me up when I realized

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The gameplay improved so much. I love the customization and school tutoring stuff

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I've never played a FE game. Should I try this one

Hearing it's one of the best

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

should i go normal classic or hard casual for this one

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Tales of Woe posted:

I think you have to play classic of some sort it's completely different strategically if you can easily sacrifice units.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Tales of Woe posted:

hard casual imho, losing a unit in a battle and missing out on the sweet xp is its own punishment

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

Its three real estate

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

the only thing i know about this game is its not like the last few FE games and thats enough to get me to buy it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fire Emblem Three Outhouses.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

this

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
also went black eagles ... im 8 chapters in cos i got my copy early and its the best one ive played by 2000%. the paralogues and story maps are complex. i even ran into a honest to god boss fight. they also seem to have fired the retards who write the dialogue and replaced them with normal people but theres still slice of life stuff in it.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Tales of Woe posted:

i recommend hard casual .. youre only gonna reset or divine pulse if a unit dies anyway. though ive decided not to use divine pulse unless its a move that gives me a game over

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

hard casual imho, losing a unit in a battle and missing out on the sweet xp is its own punishment

this .. if u lose a character like 2 turns into a fight, suck it up instead of resetting.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
plus if u tried to play this on classic youd get reamed every chapter after 3 or 4 because its properly difficult on hard. youd also definitely lose a bunch of units on at least 1 chapter just cos they spring something super cool and tough on u as mentioned above

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Plutonis posted:

The gameplay improved so much. I love the customization and school tutoring stuff

its practically persona with the palace deadlines replaced with missions lol. so epic

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Wormskull posted:

lol

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

hard classic is not too bad, you've got the rewind thing so you get like three mistakes

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
dont use it unless its a checkmate move IMO. cos that way u might be so hosed u really do need to reset. which i think is a fair amount of difficulty to put yourself through

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
im not gonna use it just cos i left a flyer somewhere near an archer by accident

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the chapter name narrator sounds like the guy who describes the controls in the Wario Ware wii game

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

the chapter name narrator sounds like the guy who describes the controls in the Wario Ware wii game

its rly good

and the :qfg: looking player character sprite doing sick moves as it moves across the calendar is also very good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game loving owns. It's like Cold Steel but good

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

When I first saw that casual was an option in Awakening I was kinda mad, like you calling me a pussy? Easy mode for babies??

Then after 10 missions I restarted on casual because the AI knows that losing a unit is a bigger deal for you than it is for them so they’ll happily throw 3 of their guys against one of yours to do a little damage and then get instakilled one-by-one, as long as they have a 4th guy nearby to get the kill. Are they still like that in Three Houses?

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Hard classic... just how we do

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

When I first saw that casual was an option in Awakening I was kinda mad, like you calling me a pussy? Easy mode for babies??

Then after 10 missions I restarted on casual because the AI knows that losing a unit is a bigger deal for you than it is for them so they’ll happily throw 3 of their guys against one of yours to do a little damage and then get instakilled one-by-one, as long as they have a 4th guy nearby to get the kill. Are they still like that in Three Houses?

Idk but now they have target markers like FF12 that show you exactly who the enemy is going to target on the next turn based on your current positioning

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You'll regret those words you little punk...after this Sparring class is done, I'm gonna kick your rear end! Meet me at the amiibo Gazebo On Day 27 of the Great Tree Moon. Or else everyone will think you're a pussy

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Sounds like your a newb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Huh, classic fire emblen maps that are 20x20 empty fields. Better walk one unit into a group of 10 other units. Nothing I could do