Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
In the eagles storyline he’s always trying to prove he’s better than Edelgard and annoys the poo poo out of her which is pretty funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Ferdinand changed his hair. This is hosed up. I'm heartbroken. Just want to be alone rn.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Ugggh this is so upsetting im really torn up over this

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
I literally studied heavy armor -- a skill i have ZERO interest in personally -- for MONTHS just so Ferdinand would give me the time of day. And he sees fit to grow Sephiroth hair. I feel so stupid

Skylark fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Aug 31, 2019

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Claude actually got rly hot so I'll probablyt end up marrying him but this is so awful with Ferdinand I felt like I found the perfect guy who I liked talking to

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
And then this....

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
youre in for a pleasant surprise when u get to ng+

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ferdinfail

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

I.N.R.I posted:

youre in for a pleasant surprise when u get to ng+

Hmm is there a way y ou can tell me without spoilers... does it affect whom I should marry???

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
I just need Ferdinand to cut his hair and hes perfect we could be together forever

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Skylark posted:

Hmm is there a way y ou can tell me without spoilers... does it affect whom I should marry???

well its not really a spoiler. you unlock the ability to keep them looking old style even after the 5 year skip. or vice versa before the 5 year skip etc.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Omfg

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Thgank you ok this helps a lot. So i should marry Claude this run. And consider Ferdinand for NGplus.... Where he will have to compete anew!! Bc I literally hadnt thought about the hairstyle dimension to aging. So its possible guys who wwere ugly before the time skip, become hot. And i wouldnt know, unless I end up encountering them in my story.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

well its not really a spoiler. you unlock the ability to keep them looking old style even after the 5 year skip. or vice versa before the 5 year skip etc.

whoa that’s rad. I’ve been playing the DQ demo, but I gotta get back into FE apparently

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Claude seems like a really nice guy too... the total. package, so to speak

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Glad the difficulty picked up again towards the end, the last 4 chapters are pretty tough. I haven't started the final battle but just looking at the boss made me quake in my boots

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat the Where Are They Know histories of the cast right before the final credits was great...what a sick game

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Catstare beepuke

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
black eagles q why didn’t the cool as gently caress death knight guy join my squad after edie revealed that she’s the flame emperor and he was on her side wtf

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

bump_fn posted:

black eagles q why didn’t the cool as gently caress death knight guy join my squad after edie revealed that she’s the flame emperor and he was on her side wtf

honestly all that stuff with him was really weird. like they just gloss over all of it in the time skip and he vanishes.

BE was dope but it really could use more chapters. they definitely needed more of an explanation for how all of the flame emperor stuff worked, and how the rest of the cast and byleth would be cool with it. I can buy that they would forgive Edie but she should have had to work for it.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Black Eagles I saved at the big decision point but I don't think I can bring myself to start the other route. I won't do it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I feel like there was a lot of cut content in that route or something. It's weirdly short too

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

honestly all that stuff with him was really weird. like they just gloss over all of it in the time skip and he vanishes.

BE was dope but it really could use more chapters. they definitely needed more of an explanation for how all of the flame emperor stuff worked, and how the rest of the cast and byleth would be cool with it. I can buy that they would forgive Edie but she should have had to work for it.

he comes up again and the game kinda sorta explains his deal in the mercedes and caspar paralogue.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

fisting by many posted:

Black Eagles I saved at the big decision point but I don't think I can bring myself to start the other route. I won't do it.

The other route is better.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I feel like there was a lot of cut content in that route or something. It's weirdly short too

yeah, especially the whole well we had a big shadow war against Those Who Slither In The Dark, shame it happened offscreen! stuff. I know you get to fight them in the other routes, but to me the idea of "well, we have to ally with these guys for now, but how long will that last..." is really interesting and I wish it was explored more.

But if they didn't want to do that, I'd be cool without some secret conspiracy and just having it be the story of three likeable and sympathetic people going to war. I don't really care about some secret faction of evil people who worship evil.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

those who slither in paul Blart.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Petra's name a "Borat".

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm getting this game in the mail tomorrow... never played a FE game before

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I'm getting this game in the mail tomorrow... never played a FE game before

It’s really really good

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

a Loving Dog posted:

It’s really really good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Got this motherbitch today. What the gently caress do I need to know before I start playing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Got this motherbitch today. What the gently caress do I need to know before I start playing

If you stockpile arrows you can shoot the drake's tail from underneath the bridge to get a strong fire broadsword earlier than usual.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Ideally you want to make sure you have the right console to play it on, but the wikipedia page can tell you more about that than me as well as interesting information like what date it came out, what critics had to say about it, sales figures and so on.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Zamn ok.. i should have thought to get the dlc earlier.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Skylark posted:

Lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When they add lunatic I'll do a Claude playthrough golden deer seems awesome.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

If you stockpile arrows you can shoot the drake's tail from underneath the bridge to get a strong fire broadsword earlier than usual.

I.N.R.I posted:

Ideally you want to make sure you have the right console to play it on, but the wikipedia page can tell you more about that than me as well as interesting information like what date it came out, what critics had to say about it, sales figures and so on.

Thank You

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

In Training posted:

When they add lunatic I'll do a Claude playthrough golden deer seems awesome.

it's out now but it's called maddening this time

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

Skylark posted:

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Return itand play shining force 1 and 2 instead