Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Think carrying a knife is normal, because it's just a cutting tool you can use to open boxes or clean your nails or whatever? In the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland you're wrong. DEAD WRONG. You imbecile. You ignorant Colonial.
https://twitter.com/InspHealyEssex/status/1152216353740185601
What sorts of dangerous weapons do they confiscate?
https://twitter.com/MPSRegentsPark/status/1140672787411079169
Okay, yeah that's one some deranged rough-sleeper could do some damage with. What else?
https://twitter.com/SwanseaTS/status/1146076787400695808
Protecting your children from being strangled by their robert cop costume, AND getting rid of ritual lloth knives from dark elves. Nice. But that's not all.
https://twitter.com/MPSRegentsPark/status/974645778558980096
Okay... uh that just looks like you emptied out a painters van and took a picture of anything sorta sharp.
https://twitter.com/MPSSthRichmond/status/1148873872378384384
That's garbage you literally just found a little piece of garbage.
https://twitter.com/SouthendPolTCT/status/1149049169946001410
That is a uh... dangerous looking stick.
These brave bobbies are even keeping us safe from those who would wield nature's most terrifying and dangerous weapon, venomous serpents.
https://twitter.com/MPSSouthwark/status/631802481115316224
the #operationspectre and #weaponsweep hashtags are full of plenty more examples of police protecting us from getting our mobile nicked at knife point outside the Tesco's. Share your favorite! Or don't live your own truth.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jul 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I lurk in London alleyways with my knives ready to commit knife crime OP starring Hugh Laurie as one of the men

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Oi, give me a snog, luv.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

London Policeman: Hey you in the alleyway with the knife!

Me: I've been caught!

London Policeman: Come out! Who isthat with you?

Me: It's Hugh Laurie one of the men.

London Policeman: Ah one of the men, carry on then.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
The one with the pinking shears is ridiculous. I refuse to believe it's real, and I hope some UK goon shows us it's a hoax. It has to be a hoax, right?

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a knife is a good guy with a gun

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Im the deadly needle nose pliers

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Didn't ol USA have another mass shooting this afternoon?

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Pointy things bad, so how about clubs or flails?

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

they need to ban cars - to prevent people from getting run down, like everywhere
they need to ban petrol - to prevent people from arson, like in japan
they need to ban acid - to prevent your face from looking like ditto from pokemon when someone tosses it in your eyes

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/MPSSouthwark/status/652012523097559040

we can all breath a sigh of relief that tom thumbs wakazashi is off the streets

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

Im the deadly needle nose pliers

And the terrifying square ended file lol

Someone could get their skin sanded

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

they need to ban cars - to prevent people from getting run down, like everywhere
they need to ban acid - to prevent your face from looking like ditto from pokemon when someone tosses it in your eyes

Isn't England working to eventually ban all these things?

Or is that :thejoke:

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Not seeing the mexican sacatripe.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Looking at that post with the pinking shears and needle nose pliers makes me sad. I'm sorry to say England, if that is not infact some elaborate joke, any basement dwelling goon could roll your police force.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

They should adopt US policy the cops all have knives, really thin and narrow ones that are extremely pointy like better quality shanks.

The whole deal is that they'll be really twitchy and paranoid like US cops but instead of gun they assume you have knives then stab you to death out of fear for their own lives.

The reason the knives are really pointy and narrow and thin is cuz it will feel more like being stabbed by a big pin which I feel would hurt more also it will probably take more stabs and time for you to die with these weapons.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

my dog died im sad posted:

Looking at that post with the pinking shears and needle nose pliers makes me sad. I'm sorry to say England, if that is not infact some elaborate joke, any basement dwelling goon could roll your police force.

They do occasionally kill actual terrorists.

Because they still have regular deadly terrorist attacks lol Europe needs to get their act together

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Hold on I am trying to Google a knife that fits what I am thinking of

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Acid is already much harder to get there due to the attacks.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Hold on I am trying to Google a knife that fits what I am thinking of

Maybe a stilleto

Which is technically not a knife i guess

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Oh here like this

https://images.app.goo.gl/sFZf5jhuwrBFxSXq8

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
So a boning or fillet knife?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

they should set up outside the kitchenware stores and do stops after shoppers leave; they could put up real numbers getting a dozen at a time off folks

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

When are they going to start confiscating pointy sticks?

Also: ma'am, those long fingernails could be used to lacerate someone. Going to have to take those from you. *pulls gardening shears from police belt, chops fingers off*

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

So a boning or fillet knife?

Yea looks like it would hurt really bad

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

When the vicious biting attacks of the UK commence we'll be confiscating everyone's teeth.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
17 year olds in Britain literally can't buy a butter knife.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

DancingShade posted:

When are they going to start confiscating pointy sticks?

lol you thought you were using hyperbole like giving bored cops free reign to go on confiscatory "weapon sweeps" wasn't already maximally absurd:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

NihilismNow posted:

17 year olds in Britain literally can't buy a butter knife.

i was just thinking about this, some recently emancipated near-adult setting up their flat and they need a straw buyer to hook them up before they can start cutting their steaks and pork chops lol

lol:

https://twitter.com/SouthendPolTCT/status/1149766615237562370

"sorry old bean, the queen has outlawed the impliments of redoing your kitchen tile. pip pip cheerio"

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jul 26, 2019

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Owlbear Camus posted:

lol you thought you were using hyperbole like giving bored cops free reign to go on confiscatory "weapon sweeps" wasn't already maximally absurd:

:staredog: I was making a joke, I didn't realise the UK gov was already that retarded.

I'd be embarassed to be posting on an official twitter account about how proud I was to be taking someone's small wooden stick away.

^^^ If I was a UK copper I'd drive around looking for any construction sites or building works going on, then arresting all the workers for possession of deadly weapons. Highest arrest quota on the force! Super cop!

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jul 26, 2019

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i would just like to bring up surviving edged weapons, although i know someone already made a joke about that.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Yea looks like it would hurt really bad

I want police check points outside the Cash and Carry.

Edit: I love your new av btw.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DancingShade posted:

:staredog: I was making a joke, I didn't realise the UK gov was already that retarded.

I'd be embarassed to be posting on an official twitter account about how proud I was to be taking someone's small wooden stick away.

^^^ If I was a UK copper I'd drive around looking for any construction sites or building works going on, then arresting all the workers for possession of deadly weapons. Highest arrest quota on the force! Super cop!

Hot fuzz except instead of a murder cult it's a construction crew

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

if you're a police officer executing a search warrant on a house, you should be careful of the guy inside sticking a sword through the slightly open door.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I want police check points outside the Cash and Carry.

Edit: I love your new av btw.

It was scary in the Av thread everyone was talking about how much they like it so I panicked and bought it in the dark of the back office at work

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Hell Yeah posted:

if you're a police officer executing a search warrant on a house, you should be careful of the guy inside sticking a sword through the slightly open door.

I have a solution to this as well. You have to transport the blade to get it home in the first place right? Unless the house has an on-site forge and the owner made their own swords then clearly they've violated the law and carried a blade in public to get them home.

No further evidence needed, toss them into the clink.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Is that sad looking joint also considered a stabbing weapon?

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

It was scary in the Av thread everyone was talking about how much they like it so I panicked and bought it in the dark of the back office at work

Wow, I'm just glad you're ok and have the AV.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

they'll take my ritual seax of beagnoth from my cold dead hands! (in the burial mound)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

How long before the UK gov orders all citizens to turn in all their dangerous cutlery and mandate people can only possess plastic picnicware for their home dining needs?

Hang on guvnor, is that a metal spoon I see? Right you're nicked.