Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Homelander is probably the best recent satire of Trump because a lot of them just lean on this 'can you believe the crazy things he comes out with?' type thing. Homelander works because it's less about the obvious goofiness and more about their shared desperation to be loved by all while lacking redeeming qualities to achieve it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

massive spider posted:

Homelander is probably the best recent satire of Trump because a lot of them just lean on this 'can you believe the crazy things he comes out with?' type thing. Homelander works because it's less about the obvious goofiness and more about their shared desperation to be loved by all while lacking redeeming qualities to achieve it.

As a friend put it The Boys is a good show that can feel heavy handed and dumb because it's trying to address issues that are, frankly, heavy handed and dumb.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

massive spider posted:

desperation to be loved by all while lacking redeeming qualities to achieve it.

What are you talking about? He has great hair, perfect teeth, clean skin and a rocking bod.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Outrail posted:

What are you talking about? He has great hair, perfect teeth, clean skin and a rocking bod.

... so does Trump?

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

getting a lot of Boss Baby vibes from this Homelander guy..

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

PriorMarcus posted:

... so does Trump?

You think Donald Trump has a rockin bod?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Mr Trump has a fail body. I piss on it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Open Source Idiom posted:

Mr Trump has a fail body. I piss on it.

Who bought Moscow whores an account?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Casey Finnigan posted:

Have you not seen the historically accurate paintings of him?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Casey Finnigan posted:

Certainly his supporters buy into this idea of him being a physically fit man, yeah.

He had his own in house Doctor declare him one of the healthiest men alive and it was basically accepted by his supports without much question.

There's little difference to them between the aesthetically perfect body of Homelander and the perfectly manly, Alpha body of President Trump.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Or any Ben Garrison cartoon. Dude was thirsty for Trump.