Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Finished it up tonight, and gotta admit, it was pretty good. Thankfully, way different than the comics.

Antony Starr is loving killing it as Homelander. Dude's got an amazing psycho look when he wants it, and watching him act for the cameras and then drop the act is legit scary in some scenes.

The very weird oedipal complex is... unique, and incredibly hosed up.

Still, I'll be tuning in for season 2. God drat that dolphin scene had me cracking the gently caress up. The lobster was a close second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I kinda doubt the Black Noir stuff simply because it looks like he gets injured by Kimiko when they throw down in the alley. If he was a Homelander clone, it wouldn't have even been a close fight, much less one where he gets cut,

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
While I dig the boys being unpowered, I did appreciate that the season finale opened the idea of giving compound v to adults to get powers, meaning that there's a possibility of an actual boys vs supes fight somewhere down the line.

If it happens, awesome. If it doesn't, the show is still surprisingly good. Hope it keeps the quality in season 2.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That deleted scene with Homelander makes an incredible amount of sense after you realize his overall arc this season. Wish Amazon would have allowed it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yea Homelander has one seriously hosed up oedipal complex in the show.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jedit posted:

Catwoman.

And I wouldn't say Hitman was very far ahead of Punisher Max at its best, if at all.

I loving know I am going to hate myself for asking but what the gently caress? Please tell me this is some weird alternate earth elseworlds bullshit.

Also Hitman is the best. Ellis needs someone standing over him with a rolled up newspaper to swat him and yell "NO" when he tries to get edgelordy. I think Hitman was the only time someone has been there.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
True, but to me, parts of it just read like fanfic written by a 15 year old. Not particularly good fanfic either.

Leagues better than any time he's left on his own though.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Neat, for those of us who collect stuff, looks like QMX might be getting the license for The Boys.

Can't wait to see what they can pull off with a Homelander with some glowing eyes, or an A Train with "explody Robin" base.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Pfft. Everyone knows the black heroes get the lightning and thunder powers. :rolleyes:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Thundercracker posted:

That's like "Quiet can't breathe with clothes on" level of post hoc justification. The Kimiko character sucks and 100% leans into the demure Asian woman must be saved from Asian men trope. Its like a dumber version of the Transporter. Hell, even her back story makes no sense. She's a Japanese(?) girl kidnapped by a Shining Path knockoff to becine a child soldier and trafficked by a multi country coyote? That's almost as dumb as Taken's "White American girls are being kidnapped for sex slavery" idea.

I don't think they really "saved" her from the gang, moreso than "Accidentally released" her and then were lucky she didn't kill them all. The guy plugging himself before she could do horrible things to him was a clear sign of that.

Frenchie was probably the one dude besides her brother who showed her kindness. She still tried to kill him a few times. If anything, I'd say she's somewhat loyal, but demure? I can't agree with that after she ripped out a guys intestines before cracking his head open like a coconut.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There was apparently a fly problem where they were filming. Kripke answered a question about it during his ama. Some just showed up and instead of cutting and trying to reshoot after trying to kill it, they just kinda busted a fuckit.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Gotta love the irony of sending an accused rapist to a town called Sandusky.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Her come to Jesus meeting with starlight was a good moment though.

Where can one view the extras?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Iirc that was the first time that the brothers found out there was an actual FBI agent on their tail to take em in.

That's why Dean has the "We are so screwed" line.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Don't forget, Deep is kind of an idiot. Remember he was pitching his new ideas on how to rescue the dolphins from that horrible place and had to be reminded that oh yea, he's the celebrity spokesman for that place.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I dunno why, but the only actor that comes to mind for LS has got to be David Harbour.

I know he's playing the Red Guardian in the new Black Widow movie, but having him cameo as the big guy would be loving hilarious.

I don't recall much about the comics, would anyone mind linking some pics or something of the stuff people are talking about when it comes to the weirder poo poo in there like MM's mom and brother?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hell, hire David harbour for it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Man, Silent Hill got weird.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Who dis?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ah. Haven't seen the tick. Probably need to rectify that.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
God gave 'MURICA supes and no one else cause WE ARE THE BEST NATION UNDER GOD INDIVISIBLE WITH LIBERTY AND JESTICE FER ALL :911: :patriot:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'd avoid it, honestly. The show is about 1000X better than the comics.

Plus the potential for spoilers in the show later on anyway.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think my favorite part of that trailer is the females's ring saying "Bossy".

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nah, I think it's just Homelander being creepy and weird.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The tv show is light years better than the comic. The comic is so bad it made me wait to hear reviews of the show before I even bothered to give it a chance, and it was free on amazon, and I've seen some poo poo movies on amazon prime video.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think we already had that in season 1. Can't imagine them going into more detail on it. They covered pretty much everything.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm like 85% sure he was cast. I think it was that stranger things cop guy. They one from the hellboy reboot.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dammit I hate Patton Oswalt. I know he's a good dude and all but there's just something about him that bugs the gently caress outta me.

If there forums are still here Friday, someone just let me know the premiere date please.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Not really, there's quite a few that are shot while the season is going. Supernatural cut the season short as did basically all the dc shows since the pandemic hit and they weren't able to film anymore.

Depends on the show, really. I think the big hold up on the new season of the boys was the fact they had the season closed out but still needed fx work. That's probably why they are going for a weekly release, so the fx shops can do their thing and not have homelander look like that hosed up cgi flying guy from heroes.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They did kinda go back with the drowning idea in season 2.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Black Noir is pretty tough, but don't forget he also got slashed up by The Female last season.

Even in the show, the fights that are supe vs supe are mainly just sucker punches. A-Train beat TF by repeatedly smashing her head into the wall at super speed. She beat him by leaping out of a vent or something and crowbaring him in the femur.

They haven't really had a dramatic movie style fight with anyone yet. Looks like it might be at least one this season though.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A-Train treated it kinda like super cocaine. He took it to get faster, so apparently it not only gets you high, it boosts your powers a bit as well. Downside is, apparently it's easy to overdose.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I always assumed that was just speedster healing, but you might have a point on it. The Female gets her rear end handed to her pretty horribly but is up and running around fairly quickly after that, compared to a baseline human anyway. Maybe the V gives a generic baseline power set and a specialty power? Everyone* gets the healing factor and a boost to durability and strength, but then you end up with either a signature power like Deep, or a set like Homelander, or even a basic set that's boosted like Maeve.

*that it doesn't kill, that is.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The fx team went above and beyond too. Made a silicone face of the actor to put over a fake fx skull and gore setup so it's basically all practical fx with minimal cgi. loving brutal.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://collider.com/the-boys-season-3-renewed/

Already been renewed for Season 3!

I feel the need to share this. It's a season 2 clip, and it's... I really have no words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkZEPgBqAu8

They loving BUILT A WHALE. An honest to god practical fx whale, that Karl Urban (not a stunt guy) drove into. Holy gently caress :stonk:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jul 24, 2020

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Honestly the only person he seems to be somewhat afraid of is the big boss.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The horrifying reality would have been blood gushing out of every hole god put in his body while it distends into a spherical shape, but like kripke said, never let reality get in the way of fun.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yea, remember in season 1 there was a lot of mentioning of licensing and toys and whatnot.

Deep is just a frat bro who can talk to fish, basically.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

etalian posted:

The Deep makes sense once you realize that he's the super-hero version of a Himbo.

He has the looks and guns but at the end of day is dumb as a break like in the hilarious dolphin rescue scene from S1.

Hey.

Don't forgot the lobster "rescue".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This might be the best promo item I have ever seen in my life.

https://twitter.com/therealKripke/status/1294308253942206465