Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Sometimes there is a fun/cool idea to play with, but it doesn't necessarily need to be linked to a season wide arc. Also, the show can go back to a filler episode, and make it part of the main plot if there is a good opportunity, and then the show can look more planned out than it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

jabby posted:

- I thought Carjack guy reciting the mantra of "This is a stand-your-ground state!" before getting killed was a nice bit of subtle political messaging.

I wouldn't exactly call it subtle, also the dude was completely in the right. The best case scenario is that he gets stranded in the middle of nowhere with no car, and there is a non-zero chance he just gets straight up killed.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Obviously its the the Mesmer blowing up everyone's heads.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

uber_stoat posted:

main question re: the head popper is why they didn't pop the Boys when they got the CIA lady. whoever it is decided to spare them, why is that.

I'm imaging there is some sort of requirement for the head popping to happen, and they can't just do it to everybody.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

lol, considering the direction his arc could be heading in, I think that person might end up regretting getting it. (Not that Billy Butcher is currently a good person).

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Deified Data posted:

Just finished this and loved it. Are we still spoilering? Just in case: I'm trying to piece together a motivation for Neuman based on who's heads popped and when. Almost every time they popped it benefitted Vought but I don't see her opposition to Vought (however tepid it's been) being a very effective use of her time if she's just an op or something. Is it implied that she's the origin of the internal coup? And if she was wouldn't Vought be aware of this?

Probably just need to wait on context I guess

I think the idea is that she wants to portray herself as the underdog fighting against the system, but she just doesn't have the power to make any big changes. She is setting herself up for a giant grassroots movement.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

T-man posted:

there are plenty of quad amputees who live happy and fulfilling lives, i suppose it depends on how well she'll heal and if the ADA exists in the boys universe

the show seems to think being an actual, factual nazi is enough to get you turbo-canceled, I'm sure they'll just say she lost everything once the news went out.

The Nazis really weren't too fond of the physically handicapped though.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

lmao, when trying to looking up the legend I found this article https://screenrant.com/boys-stan-lee-legend-disrespectful-parody-comic/

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Astroman posted:

Confirmed he lost brains. Guess that's why he doesn't talk. He's one of the more tragic characters, he seemed like a pretty likeable if bland guy who wanted fame and to move up, like a less egotistical Deep or A-Train. Defeats his abuser, but in the process loses his face and part of his mind. He seems to have a sense of humor and great talent at things like playing piano, and has more compassion than most of his peers. But he's stuck mute, behind a mask. I wonder if his cartoon friend hallucinations are due to emotional trauma or literal brain scrambling?

Uh, the show implies he might have a body count that matches Homelander or even higher. He regularly commits massacres. One was even mentioned this episode.

I think him killing Soldier Boy is what is going to cause Homelander to finally lose it.

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jul 1, 2022

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

That DICK! posted:

Homelander can fly when 99% of heroes apparently can't, he has eyelasers that seem to go until they hit something and super-sight. the fact that we even see homelander in the show anytime he is in trouble, rather than just hearing about him as the world endures a neverending orbital bombardment, automatically makes trying to figure out power levels a futile effort

Sorry, but I need to know who would win in a fight: Homelander, Superman, Omni-man, or Goku.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

This marketing campaign is really leaning into the idea that there is no such thing as bad publicity. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3PKlWd0ZfM

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Man, I love these in-universe videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4-HGKjSdvA&t=1s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

mutantIke posted:

Pretty fun episode but using the "schizophrenic character is tormented by hallucinations that take the form of children's show characters" thing two seasons in a row, for two wholly unrelated characters, is obscenely lazy

I'm just disappointed it wasn't somebody's actual power to create puppet versions of people..

I'm not really liking any of the characters aside from Emma. I guess Sam is interesting too. Marie is just a super boring character to me.