Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Thanks -- this makes me a bit more inclined to watch it. The comic had its moments, and I enjoyed it overall, but it also crossed my threshold for gratuitous violence (and sexual violence) a few too many times to want to see that translated into video.

The show, and I found it funny, seems to be lowering the violence and sex with each passing episode, and focusing more on the drama aspect. I'm on episode 6, so I dunno if they are gonna up that in the last ones.

Anyways, it has been great. It's not exactly as the comics, which I dropped because they were too gross for my taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

SardonicTyrant posted:

Nick Frost's fake American accent is so ~~weird~~.

Did I miss a cameo from him, or do you mean Simon Pegg?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Regarding episode 5 ,I think is the one with the super church event, does anyone know what was up with the buzzing fly? Did I miss anything? a wink-nudge?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Ep 8 spoilers: Holy loving laffo A-Train taken out by Fox Die a heart attack. Which makes me wonder why the gently caress they didn't just kill him when Kamiko broke his leg a few episodes earlier.

A-Train is probably gonna survive, that's gonna be some plot thingy for season 2. Unless they drop it and it starts with his funeral lol.
Homelander was loving scary in the last episodes. Holy poo poo, loved the scenes in the dark where you only see his red eyes. And there's a twitter video of Seth Rogen promoting the VCU, which was super funny, but I think it could be spoilers for some

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

quick question, how rapey is this show?

i remember the comics being very bad about that subject, and when i pulled up the first episode to watch with my fiancee i saw that content tag and basically noped right back out to the main page and was like "ok maybe I should check this out on my own first." what am I potentially getting into here?

Not that much rapey.

SPOILERS:
You get the Starlight being coerced to give a blowjob to The Deep scene. That's on episode 1.

There's the big night club weird sex scenes, also on episode 1.

The Deep getting his gills touched without his consent and after saying no during a sex scene. Which is of course implying rape. And might be a bit uncomfortable for some people.

You get told that Butcher's wife got raped, but you get nothing graphical about it.

There's the murder by cunnilingus scene that was shown on the trailer, a few odd mommy-kinks, and the rest is very vanilla missionary sex scenes.

And that's about it.

It is very graphical when it comes to violence, so just beware a bit on that.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

tino posted:

A few questions maybe I wasn't paying attention.

1. Did frenchie confessed he was a serial killer when he talked about killing a women he met in the elevator? How can anyone understand this guy without subtitle?

2. What happened to Ezekiel the religious supe after Huguie showed him the homo stuff. Was he killed?

3. How did Homelander found out his rape baby is still alive? Did he go back and lasik the gently caress out of Rawls?

1. I think it was implied she was a superhero and this was probably his first hit. (Dirt and callous in her hands).

3. Yes. He was told his baby had died during birth, then that it was a miscarriage. Homelander's psycho brain realized it was a lie, went back with the doctor that had taken care of him when he was a baby and forced him in to telling the truth.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Davros1 posted:

Unless they keep the thing from the comic where Black Noir is a clone of Homelander. Maybe it was Noir dressed as Homelander? Hell, any time we see Homelander, it might actually be Black Noir

Non spoiler: I keep typing "Homelander" as "Homerlander"

I noticed a little something with Homelander's costume, which I thought it was an odd wardrobe error but know you guys are making me think :tinfoil:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Piell posted:

This referring to the times one corner of the chest thing was turned down, or something else?

Yup. I liked that design, because the small red looks just nice against the blue fabric, so it was odd not seeing it always. I dunno if it was to imply Homelander's psycho/not psycho moments, the comic book story you are talking about, or was just a small "oops we forgot"

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Rocksicles posted:

That's not me, i'm watching Endgame as we speak

:lol: Same over here. I'm actually excited for what's new to come.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

precision posted:

I wish Alan Moore was my dad

Wait

is Alan Moore my dad???

I compared Real Dad with Alan Moore Dad and I 100% prefer Alan Moore Dad.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

How Wonderful! posted:

Maybe a silly question, but is there some kind of site that indexes peoples' outfits on shows? I loved the tech woman's bug shirt and I would wear it.

Sherlock, Hannibal and even Doom Patrol fans were able to find the clothes used in those shows. Try asking cosplayers, those seem to be the fans that have a good eye to find the correct outfits.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

I don't even remember how fast I stopped reading the comic. Every issue I was getting more and more grossed out. And not because I don't like gore, hell I love me some good gory horror movies, but because:

Romes128 posted:

reeks of edgelord teenage bullshit humor.

I think I never reached MM's story, but I did read Love Sausage's issue? I dunno, I guess I blocked a lot, and the show is a million times much better.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

FilthyImp posted:

GROSS GROSS
GROSS OH gently caress SO GROSS

gently caress that. I'm glad I stopped reading. I hope the show writers continue on making their own and much better stories for all the characters and never touch that crap.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

GimpInBlack posted:

Yeah, saw a lot of them in Montreal, too, along with the at-least-once-a-year "goddammit, some comedy show did another blackface sketch."

You can still find dolls with the whole mammy thing, red and white polka dresses included, in Mexican markets. Hell, 2020 comedy shows still do black and brown face. One of most "beloved" pop culture characters is a racist caricature. The creator and creator's grandchildren would always shield behind the "We didn't know~ It was other times~ let's reprint the racist comics again!"

gently caress racism that's what I'm trying to say.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

Fresca is like bad Sprite.

People mix it with tequila in my country, that might be the reason it hasn't gone extinct, considering is not a quite popular soda for non-drunkards.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Blaise330 posted:

Is that 7 movie canceled now or will they edit Stormfront out? And how many years of neckbeards yelling “RELEASE THE STORMFRONT CUT” before they do it

I hope they start the new season with this. And show how the movie is badly edited because they needed to cut all her scenes, or how she awkwardly digitally removed on group scenes. Just like the Superman mustache thing but much much worse looking.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

pile of brown posted:

Pretty sure fresca is specifically grapefruit. It tastes exactly like grapefruit white claws

I hate Fresca.

True story, I used to drink a lot of fresca when I was a teenager, until I got regular normal eat-lots-of-candies hepatitis, and suddenly it started to taste BAD. I guess the illness does something to your taste buds. In a few words, hepatitis opened my eyes.

gently caress Fresca.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

DrNutt posted:

Probably better hepatitis than Church of the Collective tbh

Blessed be The Church of Hepatitis.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Romes128 posted:

I remember when twitter was fawning over her at the beginning of the season and people kept replying with HER NAME IS STORMFRONT lol

Haha. I caught a few tweets of (non-racist) girls dying to cosplay as her because they "finally got a strong badass woman" on the show. Yeah. The yikes was huge.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

In 2019 there was a big magazine spread about how someone was researching the family who owns Krispy Kreme donuts and WHOOPS looks like those delicious donuts are actually a Nazi op! LoL

Nazis are everywhere, all around you. You ever use a Texas Instruments calculator in High School? Nazi scientist company lol

Little story time:

A Volkswagen dealer here in my country got in huge problem 'cause they were proudly showing a photo of nazi poo poo in their office. A client noticed and had a huge "what in the gently caress" moment. They tried to save face by saying it was a photo gallery about the company's history and they had to show the nazi part because who cares they murdered children and are the bad guys.

Everyone got fired.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

I am sort of rolling my eyes at the "LOOK AT THIS THING I MADE" with "written by Jessica Chou" cropped out of the thumbnail, but Kripke is usually pretty woke so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Twitter auto-crops everything, is not his fault and the only way to have some control is to compose your pic in certain way and size. It's been a ride with the artists I follow as the auto-crop will a lot of times focus on crotches.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

pik_d posted:

Also I gather that MM's name means something in the comics but for the show (so far) it seems like that's a better name for Homelander :thunk:

Let's all pretend that's just because he likes Red Hot Chili Peppers a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

His youthful energy is contagious.