Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
main question re: the head popper is why they didn't pop the Boys when they got the CIA lady. whoever it is decided to spare them, why is that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Bust Rodd posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8oKcO5syoI

Absolutely wild to see Kumiko so chatty and cheerful. What range.

Edit: It goes over the Whale Scene and shows her getting thrown into a Real Car lol

hah, i don't think i've ever seen her in any other show so i didn't even know what her voice sounds like.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
go look up the Crossed comic if you want to see some real gross poo poo.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

The World Inferno posted:

Is the finale going live tonight?

https://twitter.com/TheBoysTV/status/1314219001979965441?s=20

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
:getin:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
hell yeah dude

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
well that kinda fuckin ruled. roll on season 3.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Blaise330 posted:

To be a fly on your wall during the last season of GoT

i saw a video of a table read of the scene where Varys gets killed and his actor was not into at all. it was very awkward.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Jack's actual gf is a cutie but i'm pretty sure she doesn't have super powers.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
yeah, we're going to get the Adventures of Liberty and Friends.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
just realized Erin Moriarty was in True Detective.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
get their rear end, Homelander!

https://twitter.com/antonystarr/status/1318526001970880515?s=20
https://twitter.com/LizardRumsfeld/status/1318270969199448064?s=20

uber_stoat fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Oct 21, 2020

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

i've always heard that fake blood stuff is really sticky and disgusting but i think it would be a fun Life Experience to get doused in that poo poo just the one time so you can take a picture like that.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Zwabu posted:

Does the source material for The Boys reach a conclusion? Or is it still an ongoing series?

it's finished.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
grapefruit is the deadliest fruit. if you're taking certain medications and you eat a grapefruit, it can gently caress up your whole situation.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Bust Rodd posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQPFUCRmd8o

Aya Cash seems extremely online, or at least very well versed in online

haha, the bit where she won't cop to liking pizza because it might make the qanon freaks come for her :discourse:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i think most people who have never lived in Portland have an idea of the place based on the tv show Portlandia. they think it's a hippy dippy kind of place. most people don't know Oregon is full of psychotic nazi thugs.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

ptkfvk posted:

i thought having stormfront be in pictures with actual hitler was part of the joke/commentary. she is obviously racist but it takes seeing her with a picture of hitler to convince viewers she is. i think its supposed to be direct parallels to the US today. if it isnt something explicit and obvious people will work around it and still defend it.

yeah, this. the Hitler photo is where they grab you by the shoulders and shake and scream at you. "do we have to just come out and say it? you couldn't take the hint?!?!"

i liked that they had Stormfront bring up Pewdiepie at one point because he's one of those sneaky "just kidding bro" media types that dog whistle nazi poo poo and then try to walk it back.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Bussamove posted:

We can’t go into late Game of Thrones territory because The Boys actually has competent writers.

yeah, the showrunner actually had experience making tv before he got to the Boys unlike the GoT trust fund dipshits.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the final season was like a rotten potato in a potato sack, it ruined the whole thing. i will never rewatch it.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
reminder for anyone who doesn't know, d&d had not a lick of experience in doing TV before GoT, they were most likely granted this prestigious hbo show because benioff's pep pep used to run goldman sachs.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Cage Kicker posted:

The muscle detail on that sculpt just reminds me how comically obvious it is that Antony Starr is wearing a padded muscle suit, and I want SO BAD for it to actually be Homelander wearing a padded muscle suit because he didn't get the power of being Totally Jacked along with super strength

that would be a very funny reveal. though i think Homelander is vain enough that he would have Vought come up with a super-exercise regime for him to get him looking good.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
today i learned that Antony Starr was in Xena way back when he was a baby boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWt5ViA_ORE

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
The More You Know

https://twitter.com/antonystarr/status/1328850301386780672?s=20

(i don't know what this means)

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

zoux posted:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfoIdZ1osBc&t=24s

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

spookygonk posted:

UK goon here. Can confirm, otherwise the Queen can have you killed.

the UK has many quaint traditions.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

McSpanky posted:

Jesus, they're more accurate than Madame Tussaud's. How.

i was wondering about that too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNZCwlb8_14

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
that scene from Game of Thrones with the golden crown but it's molten funko pops.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Nuts and Gum posted:

:vince:

I really like this show. The end of Stormfront is pretty lol but I guess they needed something extreme to make everyone kick her ribs in. But I don't think she actually died?

Season 3 should be DLC to the last Wolfenstein game where you battle mechaStorm

she's officially not dead......... according to the showrunner.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

christmas boots posted:

Not sure how I feel about that. Hopefully there's some narrative payoff otherwise it would have been better to just kill her off imo. Pretty hosed up if they just leave her all Johnny Got His Gunned even for a Nazi.

oh boy. :lol: here's the showrunner's take.

quote:

"No, she’s not dead! She’s Stumpfront! She’s a stumpy little Nazi," showrunner Erik Kripke told TV Line after season 2 finished. "She’s actually not dead. What we thought was interesting is, if you remember, she ages very, very slowly. So the best poetic ending for that character is someone who so believed in some kind of pure race finds herself mutilated and having to live with it for potentially centuries felt like a fate worse than death for her. So no, Stumpfront is not dead. Hashtag Stumpfront lives!"

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i'm pretty sure we're going to see Aya Cash again, in flashbacks as Liberty. as for Stormfront, well, the show did spend a decent amount of time showcasing a supe who could regrow his limbs and who was being used as a test subject.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Karl Popper of the classic American blues jam band Blues Traveler?!??!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

etalian posted:

I wonder if Obama actually watched the Boys + great Homelander ending scene or if something he just said to seem in touch with the latest popular TV shows per recommendation from the focus groups...

he's probably got some kind of task force dedicated to fashioning his public image. they come up with those stupid lists he puts out. he's probably never even seen the show.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
poster: "are we sure she's a nazi? i mean it's a little ambiguous"
stormfront: "i am actually German. here is a picture of me hanging out with Hitler."
poster" "still having some doubts"

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i read somewhere that season 3 is when Homelander finally goes apeshit so look forward to that.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i prefer to be called a person of beans. covid has turned me into a bean hording freak of nature.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Owlbear Camus posted:

It is pretty formulaic. If a dude age 18-40 shows up he's gonna fight em and if a lady 18-40 shows up he's gonna gently caress em.

i like a man who knows who he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

etalian posted:

The funniest method acting stories are when people did the crazy bits to attract attention but then ended up not actually getting the part.

poor Sean Young.