Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

That Italian Guy posted:

That's the reason it's such a good writing decision.

It's a character that has changed with the time, but was originally made in Germany ~1945, if you will. A woman that doesn't care what the men think and is so strong that she can lift a horse with one hand? It's almost like she was talking about someone else!

Just to correct a misconception, Pippi Longstocking is swedish, as is her author, Astrid Lindgren. It doesn't diminish the connection that can be made, but Stormfront probably wasn't being quite this literal.

e: beaten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

massive spider posted:

I liked someones take from earlier in the thread that the deeps power isnt actually talking to fish, its giving them sentience to begin with. So they're all exactly as dumb as him.

This is my favorite interpretation too when taken a step further where the sea creatures don't actually get any increased mental capacity; It's all just happening inside the Deep's head and he's exerting some kind of subconscious mental control that makes them behave according to how he imagines they'd act.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
It doesn't seem like Homelander has any personal connection Soldier Boy, or even most of his old team mates at the time Soldier Boy disappeared. Only Black Noir is left from that time, and he's not saying anything. I don't see how Homelander would know if even Vought didn't.

I think it's 100% just Homelander being used to coast along by half-assedly doing whatever his managers told him to do, and letting them clean it up when he bungled it. Now he's the manager, and he has no idea how to respond to this.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

PostNouveau posted:

In addition to Homelander's not quite coherent ideology outside of his need for worship, Stormfront's got an actual political project, which is why I said she was the more dangerous of the two. Like somewhere down that line she's got extermination in mind. Homelander you might be able to just distract with cable news and poo poo for the rest of his life.

I'm not quite convinced this is the case. Homelander was seemingly the mastermind behind the plot to smuggle out compound V to make super-terrorist, for the sole reason of justifying supes in the military. It was an idea he got from Vought's corporate direction, but he went further without their knowledge to make it happen. After that got bungled up he glomped onto Stormfront's vision, and since then there hasn't really been time for anything else. It definitely gives the impression of a man who's not satisfied with just doing nothing, even if he's more likely to appropriate someone else's idea than come up with one on his own.