Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Somebody deepfake the opening to Full House with the Homelander as Danny, Butcher as Uncle Jesse and Deep as Joey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

If you can't turn off a small part of your brain and enjoy the pure unadulterated pulp that is Sin City then im sorry your brain is broken. I think it's beautifully drawn and all the stories stuck with me for years after I read them and i still think he does better noir than modern comics nerds wanna give him credit for.

He is a trash man with garbage opinions about basically everything, but I love and respect Sin City

Frank Miller and Mark Millar are different people.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

There was apparently a fly problem where they were filming. Kripke answered a question about it during his ama. Some just showed up and instead of cutting and trying to reshoot after trying to kill it, they just kinda busted a fuckit.

The weird part is that the sound of the flys wings was kept in. Sound editors are usually pretty capable at filtering out diegetic sound...

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

That and the omission of the Black Noir twist which I’m thinking won’t be in the show because we’ve seen him fight and he wasn’t too impressive.

If they keep this twist in I think that scene was a mistake on their part.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Julio Cruz posted:

just finished binging through this on the recommendation of a friend

speaking as a Brit Karl Urban was nowhere near an actual English accent at any point, I didn't even think he was attempting one until reading this thread :psyduck:

Simon Pegg's American accent is also really bad

and now I'm going to start on s1 on Banshee

Not sure how others felt watching Banshee but I just finished all four seasons and the first season is pretty rough and it has a lot of cliched writing that shows when you binge it. The performances are compelling though and it really hits its stride in season 2 and on.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

A lot of Brits doing American accents overcompensate on the R’s. It really stuck out watching Sons of Anarchy. Charlie Hunnams accent bugged the poo poo out of me.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Not surprised to look up Providence and find out it's part of Alan Moore's Neonomicon mini-series. The previous two books were super gross in ways that made my skin crawl, so thanks for the heads up to never ever read Providence!

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

The thing that always gives away British actors trying American accents is how hard they punch our rhotic R. Charlie Hunnam is really bad about this.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I wonder if they’ll still go with the V-Zombie thing with that.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'm glad this episode resolved the multiple page power level of Homelander discussion by finally showing him in a fight against other supes and...

turns out he's not that badass after all.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

Why would his average sized hog cause difficulties?

The fact he’s still carrying around a scorched 8 foot long hog, not an average sized one?

I don’t know whether to be disappointed or pleased that nobody put their thumb in Hughie’s rear end (like Noir does in the Herogasm comic). I was uncomfortably expecting it the whole time he was wandering around naked.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Counterpoint: he's a CHUD piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Payload is the Voight Corporation’s flagship superhero team.