Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Xealot posted:

Emma is a great character, because yeah that hits hard on every self-hating body dysmorphic show-mom story you've ever heard, but with superpowers. "Feeling exhausted to keep precise control over my calorie intake" is also a real-world experience for a child actor type, right? The consequences are just louder here. Emma's power being control over her size, and society demanding a young woman only use that in one direction is pretty apt.

And it's ridiculous, because she'd actually have a really useful crime-fighting power: getting gigantic and crushing poo poo. She's marketed as "Cricket" because it's cute and innocuous, but a male Supe with similar powers would be, like, "Titan" or "Atlas" or something.

This isn't even speculation. In the Marvel Ultimate Universe Hank Pym mainly uses Pym particles to increase his size while Janet van Dyne (AKA the Wasp) always uses them to become small.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Avasculous posted:

He seemed surprised and confused when they parroted Vought's public spin on him (Russian asset) and his actual awfulness seems only known to a handful of people.

So I think Cate really did just get off on imagining The American Hero as a foul-mouthed douchebag.

Or she'd been hanging around with supes long enough by that point to know they were all perverts, and was only surprised by the parroting of the public spin.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

bobjr posted:

Do we know what party kid’s superpower is?

Immortality, and like most powers it kicked in when he reached puberty. Which means he's permanently locked at the onset of puberty because his power stops him developing any further.

Yes, it's hosed up. That's the point.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

BIG HEADLINE posted:

That's the even sadder part of Logan, when you think about it. Laura had her bones grafted with Adamantium in her pre-teen years. Logan had it done long after he'd reached adulthood.

She's going to be stuck at the size she's at forever.

Actually Laura didn't have adamantium bonded to her whole skeleton, only her claws. She makes up for it by being faster than Wolverine, more agile and with an even stronger healing factor - she can reattach severed limbs, where he'd have to regenerate them.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Not to get too backseat writer or whatever but really just like:

Vought researching ways to suppress/control supes -> Shetty realizes this can be made contagious to shut down superpowers worldwide -> contacts The Boys for help -> The Boys worry it's not enough for Homelander, needs to be more powerful -> oops, now we have a genocidal supervirus

gets you to basically the same place, but having a more compelling tension with the themes of The Boys, Cate's actions making a lot more sense, Shetty being a more tragic figure, and the kids being a lot more conflicted about Shetty's death and feeling disillusioned with the superheroes vs villains poo poo they grew up on

Why would you want Shetty to be a more tragic figure? She thinks that killing supes is good because they are supes, and that is the full-on Hitler argument - no amount of nurture can make them good because their very nature is corrupt.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

Pointless Butcher cameo that probably won't amount to anything on the main show.

The X-Ray for that scene says "Oi oi, what does this mean for The Boys Season 4?". I don't think they're going to hang a lampshade on it like that and then ignore it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Mike N Eich posted:

Watched the trailer....I have super enjoyed the show but I am hoping we are getting to a resolution soon. At a certain point the show will feel like wheel spinning if they don't actually resolve the main conflict: The Boys vs. Homelander. He's too urgent and pressing a threat to have them not focus on completely. If it's stretched any further, its not gonna go well.

Homelander is no threat to the Boys because they're no threat to him. He could destroy them at any time and he will if they become inconvenient or too annoying, but until then why should he? They're beneath him. Victoria Neumann is the real threat to the Boys - she is vulnerable to them both directly and politically, and she's ruthless enough to cover her bases.

I think the show has two more seasons in it, and I think it's gearing up to a presidential contest between Homelander and Neumann. The idea of putting the Boys between a monster who won't actually hurt people as long as he gets the adulation he wants and a monster who will hurt people just in case is interesting, with the additional twist that they also have to decide if America's supe president is going to be open or hidden.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Ccs posted:

Omni Consumer Products isn't a satire of any big american corp, its just a big american corp. plus robot cops. that's literally it.

Yes. Your point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Open Source Idiom posted:

Mr Trump has a fail body. I piss on it.

Who bought Moscow whores an account?