Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Does it ever say where Butcher and the team get all the money/supplies they need? Early on Butcher mentions getting funding from the FBI if he got proof, but they never seemed to struggle in that regard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I was more worried Homelander would do something to that baby than Butcher at the end there.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Out of all the character arcs for Season 2 I do wonder what they could do with The Deep the most, everyone else feels like they have a plan.

Unless it's just for things to always get worse for him.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Maybe Cedar Point paid for advertising and they worked it in with a monkey paw situation.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I can see him trying something redeeming before Homelander kills him in secret to save face as a group.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Homelander panics when he finds out he has a deadly peanut allergy

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I do kind of wonder how Butcher is going to get out of the situation with Homelander, but I love how it doesn’t seem to affect his willingness to go full speed against them at all.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Homelander getting mad at memes is hilarious.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I’ll defend Charleston Chew but no one can defend Bit o Honey

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

What I wonder about Black Noir is why him hunting Butcher down seems like a secret, when presumably him taking the terrorist down in episode 1 felt like a mission. Considering he’s one of the Seven and shown to be competent I don’t see why they wouldn’t just let him go after the boys

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I half expected Butcher to upload the photos right after Black Noir left

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

alexandriao posted:

One thing that confuses me is Black Noir.

He gets more "light moments" than the other supes, in fact, in "light moments" he's given the same treatment as the Boys are -- that is to say, they can be brutal at points and light-hearted at other points. The supes, especially the ones that do destructive or psychologically harmful acts, do not really get that treatment.

So to me this says they're treating him like one of the Boys, at least in a narrative framing sense. He's being telegraphed as someone that they want us to back. In contrast to Homelander, or Stormfront.

But I can't figure out what for. I can't figure out how his arc is going to develop at all, given that he is at the moment just Vought's company lapdog

I kind of want Stormfront to try and antagonize him, only for him to not react and when she leaves goes back to building a ship in a bottle or something.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Mallory laughing at the costume with the rest of them was great

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Butcher’s change in tone when getting the tea can saying he would kill that entire family was great acting showing how unhinged he almost is

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I feel that’s a move even DC and Marvel live action has done over the years. They’ll refer to themselves as hero names still but their real name or nickname is way more common.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I want to see Black Noir apologize to Starlight by handing her a written note that looks like it was done by a child

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Considering The Boys don’t all have superpowers in the show it would be weird to throw that part in except in a joking one off line.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Supersonic I feel is being set up as someone for Homelander to kill brutally if he goes off the deep end, but otherwise I don’t see him doing anything like turning against Starlight for fame

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It is a little weird if he's the main backup, as he is just a kid who would need a mix of training and motivation against someone who already easily kills people like it's nothing.

I thought the backup was the head popper, mostly because it would be framed as something non Vought related that they could work to their advantage.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I think the most Hughie thing will be He takes the V and gets confronted by Supersonic, and ends up killing him by accident right when Annie walks in, in a way where there's no good way for him to explain things.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Shima Honnou posted:

It's gonna turn out being super is a recessive gene and Homelander will become Liquid Snake.

I kind of want Homelander to constantly get science facts wrong and everyone is too terrified to correct him, except Butcher.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It will be kind of funny if the first person to get a solid hit on Homelander is Hughie due to V and Homelander not expecting it coming

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

If they wanted to have a Starlight love triangle they would have done it with Supersonic.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Part of it might be avoiding collateral damage too, knowing Butcher left on his own will care way less about people a little in the way, where everyone else tries to avoid unnecessary damage or killing

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Homelander spends half an episode trying to kill Hughie who’s desperately teleporting away each time.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I like how MM's ex's new husband is even shittier this episode about his Homelander support.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I'm sure Herogasm has a lot of sex injuries they have to pass off as injuries performing in the line of duty.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It’s also a bit messed up that MM’s daughter is watching the Homelander stuff knowing what happened to MM’s family, and what he does for a living. Especially since it gives him legit panic attacks.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I thought now MM is clear he works in an official Anti-Supe corruption group, he might hide the gorier details though.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Homelander was most like Trump when the female exec asked him a somewhat easy business question he didn’t know, and then proceeded to get mad at her, make her compliment him and insult herself, then talking about how smart he is.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I think moderate super strength is the baseline V power up, its other powers that don’t have immediate drawbacks that make them stand out and are able to be individually marketed, like Deep and Starlight.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

christmas boots posted:

This last episode really feels like it should be a "straw that breaks the camel's back" moment for A-Train

So I'm excited to see how he doubles down and becomes an even bigger piece of poo poo.

He just gives his brother a Pepsi as an apology.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

As Nero Danced posted:

At this point I'm surprised we haven't had someone post in earnest that we didn't know for sure that Stormfront was really dead (I guess there's a bunch of triple amputee burn victims in Vought Tower that could get wheeled out and loaded into an ambulance), despite the literal giant words on a screen saying "STORMFRONT IS DEAD."

e: Oh poo poo, just had a hosed up idea (despite my complaining about hosed up ideas, I could see this working. Also, vague comic spoilers) If Todd the jackass stepdad enters a raffle and wins them a car and dinner with Homelander...

I had that thought earlier, and while I feel that it's not exactly out of the question, that's basically the turning point for MM especially to not care anymore and do anything to get stuff done. I'd be a worse Timothy.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Xiahou Dun posted:

I'll bite. Care to explain for those of us who will never read the comics? I've never given a poo poo about spoilers and I'm just interested in what you're thinking, but not so interested that I'm gonna go and read an entire series of comics for it.

This happens in the comics only so spoilers A family wins a trip for a dinner and car ride where Homelander flies you in the air but it turns into Homelander flying the family up in the car super high in the air, dropping the family to their death saying "I can do whatever I want", and it sets him on his irredeemable villain path

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Seth Rogan’s going to Herogasm, as a favor from Black Noir after what he saw

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Homelander would make The Deep eat Bat Boy

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

If it’s theme park food i that’s about the standard yeah.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I was at a theme park last week, and a 6 inch Subway sub was 12 dollars alone. A Chic-Fil-A combo meal was 25

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

What’s kind of funny is the Muslim hero has mind reading powers, so outside of the racism aspects it’s something Homelander really doesn’t like, if his interaction with Mesmer is any indication

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I can see Tek Knight as a rich person who built himself a functioning Iron Man suit, but it’s really lovely and ineffective most of the time, but Vought and Billionaire PR keeps up the lie.