Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Nick Frost's fake American accent is so ~~weird~~.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Desperado Bones posted:

Did I miss a cameo from him, or do you mean Simon Pegg?
Right, meant Simon Pegg.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

The baby scene was beautiful.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

e: nvm

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

LadyPictureShow posted:

I thought his brother's back story was the saddest thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if they said that he had been an early V-baby but changed MM's story, because it was reeeeeeal weird.
Wasn't his power dependent on breastfeeding from his mother? It wouldn't be the grossest thing on the show.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Morrow posted:

I came for the laser baby and stayed for the Homelander.
So you also stayed for the baby.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Grem posted:

I was really pleased with how The Deep's story turned out. It looked like they were going to try to make him sympathetic, but everything that happens to him doesn't invoke sympathy, it makes me happy.
I saw him as a pathetic figure. He's an prick, but he's clearly hurt how no one appreciates his empathy with animals.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Eat This Glob posted:

I decided to give the books a reread for the first time and holy moly is it hard to believe they're only a decade-plus old. homophobic slurs are excusable because butcher doesn't hate gay people lol
Garth Ennis is timeless in his own special way.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Pretty sure they're saving Black Noir for later. Black Noir visibly reacts when Homelander threatens to kill Starlight. This is pretty much the only time he reacts to anything

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Supreme Allah posted:

Are all of you that like the show voting 5, this should be gold.

Hey.

You're the real heroes.
*smiling, never breaking eye contact*

I can do whatever the gently caress I want.

*votes 1*

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I get the feeling they're setting is up so Butcher slowly turns into more of a monster instead of the comic where he was always a psycho and just needed an excuse to hurt people.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Imagine having opinions about the nationality of the bad guy on a show where the good guys kill someone by shoving a bomb up their rear end.

Also Butcher's accent reminds me of Slade Wilson's accent on Arrow, which is a good thing.

SardonicTyrant fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 2, 2019

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Bust Rodd posted:

Look buddy if were worried about what is and what isn't haram im like 99% compound V is on that list
ten bucks its real life adrenochrome.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

jfood posted:

"vote for me or I'll laser all you motherfuckers" is one helluva campaign slogan.
Could you imagine a candidate murdering another candidate on live tv? Imagine the ratings!

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

DrNutt posted:

Pretty weird that season 2 is switching formats to be a one camera sitcom with the Butchers and Homelander raising a super kid, but hey, I'm game.
In this very special episode of Homelander's House,

Fill in the blanks for me I've got nothing good.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I'd be cool if The Deep tried to turn himself around and improve provided they acknowledge the lovely stuff he did in the past and that an apology doesn't just make that go away.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Who knew that Homelander's power set included super thirst.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Well, if we're talking favorite authors, I think I'm getting into Warren Ellis. He's not as clever as he thinks he is, but his comics are pretty weird in the good way.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Labes for days posted:

As for Ellis, the only stuff of his I’ve ever read is Transmetropolitan and Supergod. Is Planetary worth reading? I remember hearing it was good but never got around to it.
Planetary is a fun read. Like all Ellis I've consumed, it's not as clever as it thinks it is. But it's still a good read.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

FilthyImp posted:

It doesn't help that of course the mom is a crack addict and they're depicted in the most derogatory and stereotypical ghetto style imaginable.

Like, fucker was really swinging for the fences there.

(loving need the line of barf smilies for this poo poo)
Sort of like one barf smilie barfing into the mouth of the other barf smilie, who then barfs that barf back to the first smilie, and so on and so forth.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

This is genuinely good.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

It's interesting to note that Butcher calls Homelander a saint with no vices when first talking with Hughie. Kinda weird he didn't bring up his wife.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I'm struggling to figure out if Love Sausage is too dumb to be in the show or not. On the one hand, it's a really juvenile gag, on the other hand rear end bomb.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Cacafuego posted:

I’m highly educated as well and I don’t sell my secretions, I just give them away.
Loan your baby your milk, ultimate investiment.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Fartbox posted:

He is all our dad, in spirit
Very true, my dad has powerful old man energy.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Panfilo posted:

Burning questions for next season:
-A Trains fate, we know he survives but he's gotta be a dead man walking regardless.
-Does Deep hit rock bottom or can he get more pathetic?
-Will Black Noir play out like in the comics or will it be some different twist?
There's still no good explanation for why Homelander had sex with Butcher's wife, it's not in his character. So I think that was Black Noir impersonating Homelander like in the comics..

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Swollen Member posted:

If so, do you think we'll see Love Sausage? AFAICR, Vas was Billys Russian contact when the Boys went to Moscow to investigate exploding supes.
On the one hand I think he's a bit too juvenile for this show, on the other hand they managed to make an rear end bomb into a serious threat.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Rhyno posted:

God drat it Garth.
The Boys tv series: Garth minus Garth

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

It's kind of amazing they managed to put together a decent show out of the shitshow that is the comics.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

The Preacher talk made me gave the tv series a go, and it's alright. I love how Jesse and Cassidy almost immediately become friends because they're losers on the same wavelength

Edit: For fucks sake, when Jesse discovers his god power the two of them give excited "WOOOOOAH"s

SardonicTyrant fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jun 22, 2020

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Listening to Jesse's big sermon in S1:

"Folk afraid to hug each other on account of some new disease"

:stare: well that was prophetic.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Goddamn Homelander :stare:

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I think that's a bit of a stretch. I could see Stormfront being Liberty's daughter, maybe

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

The Boys: Challenge of the Superfriends

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

With the Mr. Edgar thing I'm also curious about how much he knows about what Homelander has done off the books. He clearly knows that he's a monster, but does he know he shot down the plane in Season 1? Or abandoned that other plane? I think its conceivable that he recognizes Homelander is dangerous but doesn't quite appreciate how unhinged he is.

Also, with Stormfront I think she's just supposed to be an altright shithead, yea, not that she has a direct link to Actual Nazis.

I mean, if he knows Homelander gave actual terrorists Compound V, then it's not a stretch to imagine he'd guess Homelander being responsible for other evil criminal things as well.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

The paradox of Homelander is that even though he despises regular people he desperately needs their love and approval. Also, he's not used to people standing up to him, and doesn't use his Big Dick Power Move of touching people in a threatening way on either Stormfront or Edgar.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

I hope we get a scene of Homelander walking through cubicles of nameless drones on a different floor looking for pictures of happy families on their desks.

"So... Francisco... Great job here, you're really on the fast-track. Is that a picture of your son there? Good looking kid... so .. how old was he when you told him about... girls?"
Homelander tries playing matchmaker, but he keeps trying to hook his kid up with career management types.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

What's the Fresca thing? Are they an advertiser?
tenbux it's a weird cultist thing that will be addressed.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

It was probably not a .50 cal rifle, that would've knocked Butcher on his rear end from the recoil each time he fired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I don't think Stormfront is Liberty. Stormfront is way too modern and flippant for someone at least 80 years old. I wouldn't be surprised if SF is a daughter or granddaughter of Liberty though.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Yea he did.

It was a Serbu BFG-50A, which is .50 cal. He uses it to try and kill Translucent too.
Ok, fair.