Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm korean and don't understand kpop. Just sounds like nsync?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm pretty sure the music was just the top 10 list at Pitchfork at the time.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm so glad that the mumblecore genre died out and Mark Duplass and Greta Gerwig moved on from that.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Forever Unclean and some other gags like Rafi were hysterical the first time but man they ran that into the ground hard. Taco's songs were dreadful on day one.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Tezcatlipoca posted:

It's bad that so many of you are unaware of a massive white supremacist group. None of this is making you look any better.

Try talking to anyone under 35 years old. That site is old dude. It's dead and gay like SA.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Episodes 5 and 7 are what I dreamed the 90s cartoons like X-Men and Spider-man could be without restrictions and higher budget. So awesome and really funny. Also the Worf actor from star trek voices a character and immediately talks about worthy opponents and honor.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Apr 30, 2021

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Seth Rogen looks older without his beard. He just looks like a middle aged man.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Amazon does weekly releases like The Boys or Expanse when they know they have a hit. When they drop it all at once I think it means it's poo poo like Utopia.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Never seen Fox news except some online clips but I choose to believe that's exactly how it is

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Antony Starr should get the Emmy for the scene where he almost sucks his own dick

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I can tell the difference but not between New Zealand and Australia. Though thanks to seeing Taika Waititi movies it's becoming more distinctive.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Isn't it lit?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Inconceivable! is there it's at.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The superheroes are pretty much 1:1 analagous to movie star celebrities. My favorite scene is when somebody pitches their version of Justicie League with Hans Zimmer doing the soundtrack and hiring Lin Manuel Miranda to rap on it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I got excited but this is the same thing that came out like two weeks ago

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I like the model because there's more discussion. There's way too many shows to watch right now so it's nice to spread it out too without getting worried about spoilers.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I don't think Homelander is even racist. He just think he's better than everyone. I guess he also hates anyone disabled or with a deformity.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Wheeee posted:

*character speaks disparagingly of non-white people, calling them camel jockeys and murdering bystanders without thought, uses the phrase ‘mud people’, only uses the word ‘attaboy’ while condescending to the one black guy on the team, and when the overwhelming whiteness of supes is brought up deflects that nah they have a token black dude and a dude who totally doesn’t identify as any race since he uh wears a mask*

goons: doesn’t look like anything to me

He speaks disparagingly of everyone. I mean that he doesn't actively hate any race more than any other, he just truly doesn't care about anyone. I'm not disputing that he's some nice guy since he is a psycho murderer that only cares about fame and money.

When Stormfront was talking about white genocide the look on his face was like "what the... this is quaint, I guess." He's beyond racism, he just hates every single person on the planet.

I saw the Maria Menounos scene as more of a joke about the Oscars from the writer rather than any real viewpoint from Homelander

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 08:09 on May 30, 2022

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The worst thing is that some kid really had to sing that Britney Spears cover

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Drummer Boy is also evil right. He's probably a pedo.

I might be reading too much into it but I think he'll turn out to be a deranged version of Justin Timberlake to Starlight's Britney.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jun 5, 2022

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I don't think we've ever seen Homelander the least bit concerned about the heads exploding or even curious about why it's happening. I don't think he knows who does it either unless I missed a scene.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

StashAugustine posted:

I did really like the young Mallory actress too

Yeah even though she sold crack to African Americans to fund weapons against the commies I was kind of rooting for her

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I never actually saw the pepsi ad until now it's pretty astonishing to realize this wasn't a joke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJCcnkqnjqU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Zombieland show was going to have a "zombie kill of the week" every episode and it sounds like a great idea with supes. No capes!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

gently caress the writers if Kimiko dies without ever speaking a word out loud. Fantasy sequences don't count.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Sab669 posted:

Seems weird to suddenly make her no longer mute? Why would she suddenly start talking

I thought the show has been building up to it. She wants to speak.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Sab669 posted:

Is there some scene I'm not remembering where she was able to speak before? Maybe before her brother died or something?

If that's the case then I suppose, but if I'm right that she was never able to talk then it seems dumb to suddenly make her able to :shrug:

It's due to severe trauma from the kidnapping, parents murdered, forced into child soldiering and whatnot. She says she and her brother made up a sign language to cope with it or something because she couldn't speak anymore.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Bust Rodd posted:

It would also be cool just for representation’s sake to have a character that never spoke IRL and was still beloved and important to the plot anyway

It would be cool if it wasn't a quiet Asian woman. We got a lot of those in media and it's tiring. Though I think they are doing a better job giving her more of a personality that communicates more this season.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I wonder what the deal is with the politician guy Jim Beaver is playing. He seemed like he was going to be a big part of the season at the start, but haven't seen him since. I think Soldier Boy just walked past a poster of him on the street. It's always nice seeing a Deadwood guy pop up, all shows could use some Esworth in them

I think he's going to become President and basically do everything Edgar wants. They talked about how he contributes to his Super PAC and seemed interested about adopting the temporary V into the military.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I heard that Blondie rap song at work and now I really like it and wish they would release the full Soldier Boy cover.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

If Annie was chugging it as a bored teen in Indiana it's the cheap stuff

I once bought $12 Trader Joe's branded bourbon and it was vile.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

TwoPair posted:

I'm kinda surprised how easy the fix was for A-train, as in I thought a new heart wouldn't be such an easy fix to his problem. I feel like if they knew that was the case, they would've gotten A-train a transfer a long time ago. I mean come on, it's Vought, you know they can do some shady poo poo to get him to the top of the transfer list. Maybe it had to be a supe heart? But again, that doesn't seem too necessarily hard to come by.

I don't think Vought cared about him and just treated him as a disposable product useful for the diversity quota. They only fixed his heart to keep him in line about the Blue Hawk story. Because exposing what happened to Blue Hawk would lower the value of the company stock by a few percent.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

christmas boots posted:

Anyway, I've always taken the point of the scene that it was a hosed up experience that The Deep didn't deserve, but would have maybe given him the opportunity to realize just what he'd done to Starlight and that, being the Deep he just ignored all possibility of growth. Sort of like all the chances A-Train has been given to grow only to explicitly choose not to

That scientology lady did say that The Deep is the ultimate narcissist and questioned if he had any chance of joining the church.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Chamale posted:

What if he tries to improve himself as a fish?

He's living his truth. By the next season he will be openly dating an octopus and bringing them around on press tours.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

bobjr posted:

Todd had it coming MM did nothing wrong

Todd just wanted to share some interesting articles the mainstream media won't talk about and MM had to make it personal.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I wonder what Homelander thinks of Bill Cosby

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Kristofferson owns and gently caress Toby keith

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I do notice some people here are very aggressive. Even the Star Trek threads are more chill.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

How can soldier boy be racist when he loves bill cosby and the mujahideen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

In season 2 there was a supe in Stormfront's prison that could make people's head explode and crush things using telekinesis. Last we saw of her she was hitchhiking. I thought we were meant to assume she was the one popping all the heads and the writers seem to have dropped her story completely.