Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Been waiting a long time for this. I have all the comics, even the variants, autographs from Ennis, Robinson + Braun and awesome Butcher sketches from the latter two. Not sure when I'll find the time to watch but I hope it keeps the spirit of the comics in tact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

3 episodes in and so far so good. Was at first not happy with Huey's look but when I saw Pegg as his dad it was perfect. Didn't think Butcher would grow a beard but he's great so far too.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Desperado Bones posted:

Not that much rapey.

SPOILERS:
You get the Starlight being coerced to give a blowjob to The Deep scene. That's on episode 1.

There's the big night club weird sex scenes, also on episode 1.

The Deep getting his gills touched without his consent and after saying no during a sex scene. Which is of course implying rape. And might be a bit uncomfortable for some people.

You get told that Butcher's wife got raped, but you get nothing graphical about it.

There's the murder by cunnilingus scene that was shown on the trailer, a few odd mommy-kinks, and the rest is very vanilla missionary sex scenes.

And that's about it.

It is very graphical when it comes to violence, so just beware a bit on that.

You missed one.

The senator consents to sex with a woman and it turns out to be a man blackmailing him with his mimic powers.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I'd love to see the people in here who complain about Ennis try to read Crossed.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

GD_American posted:

Why would you ever want anyone to read Crossed

I'm that guy who has the full run haha

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The true story behind it is Garth Ennis and Warren Ellis went to a con on one of the smaller British isles but ended up stranded there for a night when a bad storm rolled in. They ended up drinking all night in the hotel bar and started complaining about how boring and hackney zombie books are. Then they wagered on who could make a more hosed up zombie story.

Ahh so that explains Black Gas.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

edit: THE loving SPICE GIRLS SPEECH IM DEAD HOLY poo poo

Yeah this was my favorite part of the show.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Finished the show, comic was 1000 times better. Hope they don't gently caress up s2.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

this is a troll free zone.

I think you mean opinion free.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

having read the comic i cannot imagine anyone legitimately thinking it's better than the show let alone 1000 times better.

I'm not trolling, show was too toned down and they didn't spend enough time developing the boys relationships with each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

How much more rape and slurs are needed before the show becomes "good"?

Neither of those things are extreme, try again.