Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Arthil posted:

That role doesn't have a very happy ending, though.

To be fair, starlight's powers might fare better than a prop sword

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

Also that and like how many babies die from this poo poo? Like sure the parents sign an NDA or whatever but it only takes one leak to blow it open.

It kinda doesn’t make sense on the scale they are doing it.

Maybe they only approach the parents of babies who get superpowers instead of dying

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

artsy fartsy posted:

Yeah, I was just wondering if the big lie was any more fleshed out since "God did it, starting in the 80s [or whenever]" doesn't really hold up to any scrutiny.

Have you ever heard of Mormons?

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
I read the comics after finishing the first season of the show. Translucent is a lot of the main plot mover for both the Boys and Homelander for the first half of the show and he doesn't even exist in the comics

In the comics the closest equivalent is a supe who was executed by the seven in exchange for a truce with the first iteration of the boys, before Hughies story begins.

The comics are definitely super 2000s edgelord stuff, lots of gratuitous gore, rape, sex, racial slurs, etc. The show has done a great job of keeping the good and excising the rest, while creating a pretty interesting show.

pile of brown fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Nov 16, 2019

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Scarlett Johansen does such a great job playing a character with lovely writing that I don't care about at all

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Bioshuffle posted:

They were definitely mocking her. She makes a huge scene about how she will hold him accountable. Once he actually shows up in person, she does a complete 180, basically demonstrating to the whole world she is all talk and no walk. Also, he makes fun of her dance video.

Props to that one veteran guy for actually standing up to him.

Yes, being implicitly threatened by the most powerful being on the planet into handing him a microphone is a true example of being "all talk and no walk" about a character we've seen murder planefuls of people more than once.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Even if you're 100% convinced the nazi named character who hates nonwhites and wears multiple nazi symbols isn't a nazi who is inside the void you're shouting into?

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
I don't understand why everyone thinks it's Cindy, we've seen her kill dozens of people on screen and she's never done it that way before.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Gonna rewatch the last ep, probably tonight, but it seems a little suspicious that stan edgar, who made the initial PR statement about compound V was conspicuously absent from the hearings.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

DogsInSpace! posted:

He popped up for a short arc in a comedy CW show. I don't know if he's cheap or just wants to have fun working. As far as if this will be the only time? We might get flashbacks to Butcher's youth. John Noble with a Beatles wig would be funny as gently caress

I hope you're talking about when legends time traveled to kidnap him because he sounded like the bad guy

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Apparently they're doing herogasm

God I hope not.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

Oh did they? That's stupid.

She didn't die in the show and there was expository dialogue explicitly saying she was alive, it would be dumb not to do SOMETHING with her in S3

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
I could see that happening for his internal character but as an audience I think we've seen too much of what he's actually done for any type of "redemption" to be hollow and off putting. He's murdered at least hundreds of innocent people, including explicitly women and children. He's a rapist, even though he cares about his progeny. He's tortured an unknown amount of people globally to intentionally create super terrorists (super villains.) I find it real hard to feel sympathy for someone that far gone no matter how much he feels sympathy for himself.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Sir, would you like a Fresca?

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Pretty sure fresca is specifically grapefruit. It tastes exactly like grapefruit white claws

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Motherfucker posted:

shut the gently caress up, shut the gently caress up who gives a loving poo poo

Whomstever wrote this post seemed really invested

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Is it Reagan?

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Shageletic posted:

The Kroll Show is hilarious tho, and its interconnected nature while done before, is nicely handled.

I feel like women just want like, a medium thick beverage

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
I legit feel like a guy who shows up for multiple issues as a huge cock russian knockoff Superman who says [REDACTED] a lot is more edgy than a non character with a prehensile cock.

I'm willing to be wrong though.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Apr 6, 2021

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
He's also from space

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
The product itself is just mineral water packaged sustainably. The marketing is unique and engaging.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
It says in the article that that is standard in Spain, where that happened. (The suspended sentence)

Also wanted to mention it was an altercation with a random in a pub, since some people seem to think he attacked the chef of a restaurant he was eating in.

Not excusable, but if you're the type who is prone to getting blackout drunk in bars you've probably been involved in something similar. I've had injuries on that level from drunkenly horsing around with friends I didn't press charges on. Fun to explain my black eye and hosed up face to my boss at my customer facing job after my friend and I decided we really needed to duel with kendo swords at 1am in my backyard though.

pile of brown fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Mar 4, 2022

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Martman posted:

Quoting this for a solid wtf. Lots of people abuse alcohol without violence being involved in any way, and attacking a stranger for asking you to calm down has nothing to do with drunkenly doing stupid poo poo with a friend.

I work late nights and when I get off bars are the only thing open and I've seen similar incidents probably a hundred times, often knowing both parties. It's not good, or reasonable, but this poo poo happens on a daily basis if you go get drunk a lot and hang out with other drunk people.

I think the point I was trying to make though was that a lot of people are reacting like he went to a restaurant and attacked the chef there, when actually he was drunk in a bar and got into an altercation with another drunk person who happened to be a chef.

Not defending Antony at all, I'm just not as baffled by this situation as a lot of people seem to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Barry Foster posted:

I don't think anyone here is baffled, just revolted

Its totally fair to not defend him attacking some 22 year old kid