Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

People who do crimes and get caught tend to be on the dumber end of society. TV glamours up villainy a ton. In real life something like 20% of state penitentiary inmates graduated high school, as compared to 84% for the general adult population. The Deep being rock-stupid and a sexual abuser makes total sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

The Deep is an idiot rear end in a top hat though. I'm just saying that's truth in television. Criminals tend to be idiot assholes. If he's sympathetic it's because he's such a dunce.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

As a chemistry teacher I'm still mad about episode 2. There are so many ways to asphyxiate someone, people do it to themselves by accident. Buy some dry ice! Buy some ethyl acetate, or acetone, or whatever! You have the guy in a small room, just dump ten cans of acetone on the floor and shut the door. He'll be dead in half an hour. But noooooo

edit: spray some paint on his face and they'll call it an overdose, bing boom so simple!

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Aug 8, 2020

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Some guys in Russia killed themselves by dumping dry ice into an indoor swimming pool. If only the writers had seen that video before they wrote the first season. Their deaths could have put some good into the world.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I am hype, getting some friends into the show with virtual watch sessions before the new season drops.

When I first saw the guy who plays Homelander in the muscle suit I wasn't sure about the cast but now I can't imagine anyone else in the role. His performance really elevates the material.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Unfortunately, I don't think Stormfront is going to be the alt-right to Homelander's fascism. I think she's just comic relief.

I think they're just building her up for the heel turn.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

DrManiac posted:

Also why wouldn't the US government just instantly seize all of Vaught's poo poo once they found out 1) they have a formula to create super humans and 2)they leaked it to terrorists. I imagine that would be something the government would want at all costs and would have solid enough justification that nobody could really stop them.

How? Oops, you started a war in downtown Manhattan that you can't win.

Fifteen minutes later Oops, the President is dead.

24 hours later Long live our new overlords!

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Sep 4, 2020

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

You assume that all the supes are on the same level as Homelander and that they are all loyal to Vought.

I'm pretty sure Homelander could dismantle the upper echelons of the US government if he had 20 minutes. The biggest obstacle to him would be knowing where they were severally located.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Terror Sweat posted:

Honelander feels weaker this season, they all do. I'm not getting the feeling of power from the characters, that they're superhuman.

Homelander got hit by a 16 wheeler and all it did was make him late to the supe murder spree.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Homelander was grandstanding through that whole fight. he could have lasered any of them to death at any time. he's too used to playing with his food

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I assumed she's a Portland Nazi. You may have seen them in the news.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Or when he flew over Hughie in the first episode. He can't be looking in every direction.

However, the idea that he didn't notice people approaching in a storm drain with 14 people in it, tops, strains disbelief.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

massive spider posted:

Everyone who liked the Patton Oswald scene but hasn’t seen Lucky needs to watch it. It felt like an outtake from that show.

Do not watch Lucky it is a bad show.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

It was gum

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Do not watch Happy it is bad.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Karl Urban looks like he's having the most fun of his career, and it's been an eventful career.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

We Know Catheters posted:

Don't listen to this person, they are bad

no, this guy is the bad one

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

"the" is a strong word there

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

The Boys like many modern streaming shows has like a dozen producers, that's all I mean.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

RYYSZLA posted:

is it just me or is Erin Moriarty just impossibly perfect?

She's not as painfully skinny as she was in season 1 if that's what you mean.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Stormfront is basically Homelander without the veneer, essentially showing you what's underneath the flag he's wrapped in (which is part of why she pisses Homelander off so much), but the difference is that she's actually both cognizant of those inequalities and actively perpetuating them.

Kind of like how she has monochrome American flag armbands a la blue lives matter where Homelander has a bright colorful flag on his uniform?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

On the second viewing it was weird to me that the guy, whose trademark power is telekenisis, would tackle Stormfront when he could have done just about anything else.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Starks posted:

Lol wait what part of Japan is Kimiko from that they have AK wielding terrorists

I thought they were kidnapped from Japan at a young age like those people who got disappeared to North Korea:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Korean_abductions_of_Japanese_citizens#List_of_victims

For a long time this was a conspiracy theory until North Korea issued an apology.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

This episode has many small yikes.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

There's something about this show that attracts insane trolls I guess.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

gently caress it, just make season 3 a cooking show

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Ashley is 100% Banality of Evil. At least Stillwell had some class, Ashley is a disposable cog in the suffering factory and she knows it.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Man I forgot how bad HBO Watchmen's ending was. Classic Lindelof.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

They are absolutely nailing the American security establishment's psychotic need for adulation from the people they're squashing with the character of Homelander.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Man the dynamic of the dumb and out-of-control American right happily turning over control to the smart new Nazi is so apropos.

I laughed at the chandelier gag too.

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Sep 18, 2020

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

BSam posted:

GREG loving GRUNBERG!

I know, I love the veiled JJ Abrams callout.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Starlight was shot with a .50 BMG at close range and acted like she was shot with 9 mm through a Kevlar vest. She's extremely tough, at least.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Azhais posted:

Which Abrams thing was he in? I figured it was more of a Heroes callback

He's in every Abrams movie. They're friends and Abrams makes sure he works.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Beef Stew posted:

Im really glad the guy that lost his dick to the unnamed ice supe is still around. I don't know why but I find his scenes with the other costume/ make up dude really funny every time.

They're a fun parody of corpo bougies.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I wanna know what it's like to shoot a sex scene on wires with no pants.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Antony Starr is obviously very fit but he doesn't have that dehydrated bodybuilder look that Hollywood leading men have cultivated for the last 15 years.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I was watching this with friends and one of them pointed out that maybe the muscle suit is diegetic, since Homelander is so strong he would have no opportunity to exercise.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

sliami posted:

the onus is now on you to inspect the frames of his naked legs and see if they match his suit's musculature

for research

I think their bare legs are computer animated. That's how I'd do the shot if I were filming it. It's a wide shot, probably cheaper to film the leads kissing on a green screen and then paint them into a CG background with CG legs, and composite the practical chandelier effect into the foreground.

Otherwise you'd have to build a whole soundstage with wires and convince your actors to get into the harness in underwear.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

What I want to know is how they did the oval office smoosh. Presumably that's not Aya Cash's actual pubic hair and pubis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Fun fact: They did the scene where Eva Green licks a penis in The Dreamers (2003) by having Eva Green lick her co-star's penis.