Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I've probably run 20 or 30 desert planet adventure modes to completion without finding a single simulacrum. Anyone else had any luck? That's my primary material bottleneck at this point since farming crystals is so easy now.

Zigmidge posted:

Is there a point to having an alt in this game or should I just rock my main with my friend who just started?

Since they capped the difference for multiplayer scaling, not really, unless you just don't like the character model you rolled. I would actually prefer they have a trait level cap less than "all traits at 20" so there's a point in using the different character slots.

Edit:
No, just wait 10-15 seconds.

v

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Sep 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!
For the ravager bell puzzle. Do you have to reset back to a checkpoint if you mess up the bells?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

sushibandit posted:

I've probably run 20 or 30 desert planet adventure modes to completion without finding a single simulacrum. Anyone else had any luck? That's my primary material bottleneck at this point since farming crystals is so easy now.

Since they capped the difference for multiplayer scaling, not really, unless you just don't like the character model you rolled. I would actually prefer they have a trait level cap less than "all traits at 20" so there's a point in using the different character slots.

Edit:
No, just wait 10-15 seconds.

v

They are much more difficult to find on Rhom since they can spawn just about anywhere and the layouts of the temples can be pretty confusing a lot of the time. I've found a few of them in the curse temple which just feels like a giant 'gently caress you' because you don't really have time to run around and search everything there.

Nifft posted:

For the ravager bell puzzle. Do you have to reset back to a checkpoint if you mess up the bells?

If you reset back to checkpoint he'll already be aggro'd and any bells that were broken will remain that way.

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!

Regrettable posted:

If you reset back to checkpoint he'll already be aggro'd and any bells that were broken will remain that way.

I haven't aggro'd him just can't do the sequence fast enough by myself. I was just wondering if you have to reset if you get the order wrong.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Zigmidge posted:

Is there a point to having an alt in this game or should I just rock my main with my friend who just started?

There's one edge case for having a very low level alt:

There's a boss on Earth that asks you to murder the other members of the party, only if the character that triggered the Brabus fight doesn't have the pocket watch. As most people have the pocket watch, it can be tough to get this option. It's important to get because you get the "cold as ice" trait unlock if you're the last person standing.

Orv
May 4, 2011
In case people are not aware, simulacrums are not random, they are static and tied to specific dungeons. Cutthroat Run (or whatever that thing is called that leads to the bandits) on Earth will always have one for example, making the world checker tool doubly useful.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm playing on the PS4 and downloaded the free dlc armors but I don't know where they're supposed to show up.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

I'm playing on the PS4 and downloaded the free dlc armors but I don't know where they're supposed to show up.

When you finish the first mission you come back to talk to NPCs and one will prompt you to pick an outfit.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
A simulacrum will spawn:

-On Earth, in the dungeon which leads to the backdoor of the second hub (the second hub being the outdoor are after the church)
-On Rhom, in the dunegon which leads to the world boss. *Sometimes seems to conflict spawns with the Akari rod and doesn't show up*
-On Corvus, in the first swamp area after the portal.
-On Yaesha, somewhere in the second outdoor hub (the outdoor area after the civil war fight zone)

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
^^^ that is really helpful!

I haven’t read the whole thread - do we have a confirmed way to get the Sleight of Hand trait?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

poor life choice posted:

^^^ that is really helpful!

I haven’t read the whole thread - do we have a confirmed way to get the Sleight of Hand trait?

Yes.

Rules for getting slight of hand:

1) do it on your personal world seed. There are issues with tracking if you're playing on other people's worlds.

2) you have to do it on one "run", which is to say, resetting your world seed, also resets your progress on unlocking this trait.

3) best place to do this is on earth on the first sewer dungeon that leads to the miniboss. Each run is about 50-60 dudes, so starting at the start, fighting to the fog door, using the crystal, and then heading back to the start will get you one weapon worth of kills.

4) repeat for a total of 10 times. You're done!

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Drewjitsu posted:

Rules for getting slight of hand:

Thank you very much!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I really like how the Devastator's mod has a toggle switch which changes the weapon model. Also right now I'm running all energy as I have the Devastator and the Beam Rifle. The Beam Rifle's damage doesn't look that great as a stat but it sure kills guys quick.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

All of the special abilities that aren't buffs or instacast/summon have a "primed" animation. Most of them look pretty cool.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Leto's lab just dropped!

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
As of the last patch, Simulacra are spawning in Adventure mode.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Ok, I feel dumb. Just got the game and ran through the sewers. I got to the boss battle with Shroud and died and spawned back at my checkpoint, but I can't seem to get back to the boss room. The glowing door keeps spitting me back to where I was. What am I doing wrong?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Go uh, the other way.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Raged posted:

Ok, I feel dumb. Just got the game and ran through the sewers. I got to the boss battle with Shroud and died and spawned back at my checkpoint, but I can't seem to get back to the boss room. The glowing door keeps spitting me back to where I was. What am I doing wrong?

Going the wrong direction mostly

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

Going the wrong direction mostly

Good post/username combo.

What's on the roadmap for new content?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im hoping corsus

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I really hope Raged found his way to the boss :ohdear:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Drewjitsu posted:

Good post/username combo.

What's on the roadmap for new content?

Corsus adventure mode, summon weapon mods rebalancing sometime soon, melee rebalancing some time soon. Summons were tenatively for this week but I think fixing the voice crashes took precedence.

Nothing more detailed than that.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Studio posted:

I really hope Raged found his way to the boss :ohdear:

To my eternal shame I turned around and did.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Man, I had a TON of fun with this game. All I have left to get is some random item and mod from Corsus, or to level up all the traits. Prob putting it down until there’s more there.

I hope they announce some DLC or roadmap for what’s next, I’d happily buy more content.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Gonna start this game this evening, quick question, is it just the giant worldbosses who have alternate drops or do the minibosses also?

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Mordja posted:

Gonna start this game this evening, quick question, is it just the giant worldbosses who have alternate drops or do the minibosses also?

Only the world bosses.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Is it just me or is the hunting rifle the best all-around long gun in the game? Ruin seems a bit meh and the devastator does seem to pack the best punch 1 v1.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
It's up there for sure. I like how the starting weapons all have something going for them.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ruin is for playing with your brain turned off, it owns

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Mordja posted:

It's probably more accurate to discuss "elites" "minibosses" and "world bosses"

You run into elites in the wild when you hear a chime play, they typically drop a fair amount of scrap, iron, or a lumenite crystal.

Minibosses are scripted bosses, some of which are randomized. (Shroud, Doggo man, Tumbleweed, etc.) These guys CAN have alternate loot drops.

World bosses are the big bads at the end of the world and all have an alternate. (Except the final boss, maybe?)

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
Looks like this is 30% off on Steam at the moment for the Halloween sale, bringing it down from $40 to $28. I didn't think this game was going to get a sale since it already had a low price tag and hadn't been on sale till only now, so I'm thinking of jumping in. If anyone else is curious, well, here's your notice!

Any general impressions from people nowadays? Looking at it, I feel like the game is still good but I'm always curious about how games can change after the 'honeymoon period' is over.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I started a new playthrough recently and the balance changes seem good. Game is good, I hope it sold well enough to at least get some DLC, and I look forward to this developer’s output in the future.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's a very solid game. people definitely weren't overblowing everything when it came out, as the overall flow feels nice and it's just well put together overall. i hope it gets more support in general.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
I'm still extremely high on this game, it's just that there's a ton of other stuff to play too. Have fun firing it up every now and then to kill some monsters with my brother.

QuietLion
Aug 16, 2011

Da realest Kirby
I’m about 2/3 of the way through the game on my second campaign playthrough (and my first campaign on Hard), and it’s definitely worth the sale price for the co-op alone. Bosses getting more and more chaotic with more adds for each player makes the fights really fun, the interactions with overlapping co-op weapon mods are neat, and a fairly big weapon pool are all major points for Remnant. Plus Adventure mode lets you potentially see events you didn’t encounter in your initial campaign.

If I had to name any downsides, the game does has some (mostly benign) bugs that are usually funnier than game-ending - though it has crashed to desktop a few times. Also it seems that on Hard and above, solo’ing bosses requires the player to start making the shift over to glass cannon builds. It very much feels like the game heavily discourages taking even a single hit by the time you reach the first boss dungeon in Rhom, which can be frustrating with certain fights (the Harrow holy moly)

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
If I didn't fall into Destiny 2's f2p crack I'd still be playing this. Will definitely be going back once I'm over D2.

The difficulty in this game is in such a sweet spot that it is incredibly satisfying to do well without feeling like it's frustratingly difficult.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Zigmidge posted:

If I didn't fall into Destiny 2's f2p crack I'd still be playing this. Will definitely be going back once I'm over D2.

The difficulty in this game is in such a sweet spot that it is incredibly satisfying to do well without feeling like it's frustratingly difficult.

The difficulty of any game described as a souls-like is important and difficult to get right. And they absolutely did get it right here.

I kind of think of the combat as a dance - if you misstep in the dance, it's game over for you.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
I've been eyeing this game since release and 30% off was too much of a discount to pass. Maybe 3-4 hours in so far and really enjoying it! Started with a controller, but swapped to KB+M almost immediately. Seems practically necessary for the riflemans I chose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
They've got a roadmap up. The whole thing can be read here, but as per this handy infographic, it sounds like there'll be an expansion/DLC near the end of next year.