Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Studio posted:

Can you save in Survival Mode? Or is it only a one session at a time deal

Can't currently save. Possibly added in the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Kild posted:

Can't currently save. Possibly added in the future

Aw :(

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
These new Corsus bosses aren't messing around

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

These new Corsus bosses aren't messing around

The Queen is considered the final boss of the DLC, and yeah, she's rough.

EDIT: Fetid Pools has been solved:

You need a Rusted amulet, which drops from the suspended egg sacs in the dungeon (or they are a world drop, I forget). You then need to crouch in an acid pool with it equipped, until it turns into an "Acid Cleaned Key". You can now access ONE of the locked doors. Apparently you'll need to do it a few times to get everything out of there.

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Apr 30, 2020

Geburan
Nov 4, 2010
I picked up this game a couple days ago, since kinda janky post apocalypse is very much my bag. 6 hours in, I discover that I suck at bosses, and also that I should have picked Ex-Cultist for the Spirit skill instead of Hunter. Every feature that initially drew me to the Hunter I can buy within hours of starting. How rare is the event that gets me the Spirit skill? Is it worth just re-rolling? There are a few spending choices I would do differently, but nothing else major.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

Geburan posted:

I picked up this game a couple days ago, since kinda janky post apocalypse is very much my bag. 6 hours in, I discover that I suck at bosses, and also that I should have picked Ex-Cultist for the Spirit skill instead of Hunter. Every feature that initially drew me to the Hunter I can buy within hours of starting. How rare is the event that gets me the Spirit skill? Is it worth just re-rolling? There are a few spending choices I would do differently, but nothing else major.
https://remnantfromtheashes.wiki.fextralife.com/Spirit

You get it as a quest reward for a particular side quest on Earth; it may not spawn in your world (you'll know if it didn't spawn after doing a full clear of the region).

If it didn't spawn and you want to get it early without rolling the whole campaign, roll an Adventure Mode Earth instance and give it a spin; it'll take a couple hours to do the full clear and it's a nice chunk of XP and scrap.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Geburan posted:

Tbh, you really don't need to worry about it. A lot of optimal stuff isn't necessary to win at the game, though if certain weapons/mods/playstyles appeal to you a lot doing a bit of grinding in adventure mode is also a fun time! There's also a lot of cool hidden stuff to discover so even if you think you've found everything you might not have yet.

A personal recommendation would be to play through each world in campaign before rolling up adventures of said world to try and get stuff you're interested in that you missed. It'll be a lot easier to grab everything now that some Bad Luck protection has been built into the RNG, the horror stories of people rolling 100+ times and never seeing a certain item/trait/mod/weapopn/armor they're looking are now long gone.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Has anyone else had problems finding the big monolith for the mod traits? i have the key but i still have not found the monolith itself and its getting frustrating.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Zoig posted:

Has anyone else had problems finding the big monolith for the mod traits? i have the key but i still have not found the monolith itself and its getting frustrating.

I believe it only spawns in adventure? Our goon group on the discord has spotted it twice now across about 4-5ish swamp adventures at least

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Man, I´m almost about to buy this on Steam despite owning it on my PS4. How do the PC version perform compared to the PS4 version?

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
I've not played the ps4 version but it's silky smooth on PC, looks gorgeous.

Hit me up if you want to coop goons, steamid is osmosis.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
New content arrives on June 2nd for PS4 players. The Coach Gun buff (the reload animation is slightly shortened, and loads both rounds every time) will be really welcome, and will make Ex-Cultist even more obviously the best class. I mean, your three starting options are Metro 2033 refugee, Mad Max bandit, and cowboy wizard. The choice here seems obvious.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Osmosisch posted:

I've not played the ps4 version but it's silky smooth on PC, looks gorgeous.
Yeah I was pretty impressed with how good it looks and runs on my rig.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
When is the DLC coming to consoles?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Monolith. posted:

When is the DLC coming to consoles?

Darth Walrus posted:

New content arrives on June 2nd for PS4 players. The Coach Gun buff (the reload animation is slightly shortened, and loads both rounds every time) will be really welcome, and will make Ex-Cultist even more obviously the best class. I mean, your three starting options are Metro 2033 refugee, Mad Max bandit, and cowboy wizard. The choice here seems obvious.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
Doing some adventure and survival runs with my brother and goddamn every time I just get struck by how good this game is. Everything just drips labour of love, from the custom gun alternate fire modes and the custom art for equipping specific mods on a gun up to the amazing soundtrack.

By sheer amount of enjoyment I've gotten from it this would have been my favourite game of last year if not for Disco Elysium.

Osmosisch fucked around with this message at 15:41 on May 13, 2020

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Did they buff the number of adds? Coming back and not remembering 5 adds on an infinite of respawn loop during the warden. The game feels so good though. They really nailed the combat. The new mode is super tough.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
It definitely feels like there’s more adds.

I bought the game on PC, how do I convince goons to play with me so I stop getting owned? :(

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Lightning Knight posted:

I bought the game on PC, how do I convince goons to play with me so I stop getting owned? :(

I'd be up if you're looking for a co-op partner

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

Co-Op Goons discord:
https://discord.gg/vSNn4Sk

It's the best place to get a group going! (TM)

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Anyone here beat the Ixillis solo on Nightmare on Adventure Mode?

Gear level's 15, been able to contend with everything else thrown at me all right, can juggle them in shooting down the first scream, I just keep choking on the second scream.

Is there any gear or mods that are particularly effective?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

You're making sure to break the cocoon for #2 before it opens on its own, right? Takes off a full chunk if you do it just before taking off a full chunk on #1.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

FFT posted:

You're making sure to break the cocoon for #2 before it opens on its own, right? Takes off a full chunk if you do it just before taking off a full chunk on #1.
:eyepop: This game continues to impress with "things that you expect to work actually work"

I was just looking at the new Corvus dungeon tiles and saw a bunch of maggots in the walls and thought "those look shootable" and turns out they're filled with scrap

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Looks like the next DLC you fight Skaven.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Have they patched the loving final boss bug that makes him impossible to beat sometimes in multiplayer.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

weekly font posted:

Have they patched the loving final boss bug that makes him impossible to beat sometimes in multiplayer.
I can only speak to the personal experience of the one time I've gone up against the final boss in multiplayer but we did eventually win. That would have been about a month ago?

There are some patch notes that would suggest they've made sure it's not impossible

stringless fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jun 14, 2020

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/remnant_game/status/1272166999142080513?s=21

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is there any disadvantage to playing this on Xbox through game pass over the PC version? I can still buy the DLC for it?

I have a One X so I don’t think performance is an issue.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

Is there any disadvantage to playing this on Xbox through game pass over the PC version? I can still buy the DLC for it?

I have a One X so I don't think performance is an issue.
DLC is out for consoles now so there isn't going to be a problem with not having access to the DLC

There isn't cross platform play so you'll have to play with other XBOX folks and that shouldn't stop you from getting matches reasonably quickly.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I think I'd have trouble hitting weak spots with a controller, but maybe I should just get good.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

odiv posted:

I think I'd have trouble hitting weak spots with a controller, but maybe I should just get good.

I play on gamepad on PC and it's been fine - there's a decent amount of aim assist and the weak spots are usually pretty generous hitboxes (like one boss whose weakspot is shooting it in the butt when it bends over)

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Come back to this for Swamps of Corsus, and I'm kind of surprised that my old cowboy wizard build (Cultist Set, Hunting Rifle/Crossbow/Coach Gun with Breath of the Desert, Magnum Revolver with Beckon) is still just as powerful as it used to be. It's a fun, good-looking and characterful build, and it's nice to be able to play things safe in a game this tough, but I'm still quite surprised at how much I'm outperforming the pubbies I team up with at 20/20.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's pretty much the baseline build that the devs use for reference when balancing from what I've read, so it should always do fine. This game isn't so much about obsoleting stuff as it is about letting you find the setup you like and sticking with it.

My brother has not unequipped the devastator since we found it for example.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Just looked at the new Grim Coil ring, and lol that they found a way to make crossbows even more heinously nasty.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The Barbed Terror battle is kind of amazing. It's like fighting a blender from the inside.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

The Barbed Terror battle is kind of amazing. It's like fighting a blender from the inside.

Veil of the black tear mod trivializes this fight (if you have two or more players).

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

So this is on sale. Is it good?

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yes.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Drewjitsu posted:

Veil of the black tear mod trivializes this fight (if you have two or more players).

Oh, huh, I thought that it'd only ever be one of those fights where multiplayer is a trap. That's neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

The Lone Badger posted:

So this is on sale. Is it good?
Do you have a friend or two you can play it with? It's a lot better that way imo.