Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

CainFortea posted:

It's not even his money. He was backed by a bunch of other people.
Some of them have pulled out and he might be forced to make up the difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Scratch Monkey posted:

SpaceX is a contractor. I don’t think musk has much of a say in SpaceX operations nowadays

His private jet flies to Brownsville (where the SpaceX launch facility is) every two weeks like clockwork. I don't know how much that says about his actual involvement, but it does suggest he is trying.

https://twitter.com/elonjet?lang=en

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

He comes in to play “Idea-guy” and the real rocket scientists nod along and wish he’d hurry up and leave.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

Casimir Radon posted:

He comes in to play “Idea-guy” and the real rocket scientists nod along and wish he’d hurry up and leave.

Me: Hey cousin redacted what do you think of your boss.

Him: huh? Which one.

Me: Tesla boy

Him: gently caress that guy.

Was followed by 4 minute tirade of all the time wasted by the good idea fairy

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Musk: Hey we should use radar to prove that the Earth is hollow!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Casimir Radon posted:

I took one geology course in college and I know this has already been done (sort of, it involved seismic waves not radar and the goal wasn't to prove it was hollow).

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

It kinda is, right? With a delicious liquid centre?

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Hi milgoons! Dropping in to make a request. I remember a long time ago, while y’all were sharing stories of how incredibly homoerotic the military is, someone shared a picture of a boot straddling the ends of two beds, holding himself up with his core strength, while another boot laid on the floor beneath him, holding a knife pointing upward. They were making intense eye contact and gleeful grins.

It’s the most perfectly stupid picture ever and I can’t find it!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

FAT BATMAN posted:

Hi milgoons! Dropping in to make a request. I remember a long time ago, while y’all were sharing stories of how incredibly homoerotic the military is, someone shared a picture of a boot straddling the ends of two beds, holding himself up with his core strength, while another boot laid on the floor beneath him, holding a knife pointing upward. They were making intense eye contact and gleeful grins.

It’s the most perfectly stupid picture ever and I can’t find it!

I have a great many stupid pictures, but not that one.

I can't wait to see it though!

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

There was a ssgt I worked with forever ago who'd stuff one end of a phone handset in his fly then give the handset to people saying they had a phone call. After they said hello a couple times he'd go 'lol you answered a phone call from my balls'.

That Sgt did the most ironically homoerotic stuff while being one of the bigger unironic homophobes.

The duality of man.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Let he who has not made a penis out of C4 cast the first stone.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

spacetoaster posted:

Let he who has not made a penis out of C4 cast the first stone.

Don't point that thingy at me, it might go off!

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Thanks to the military, I know firsthand that it's possible to poo poo into a Gatorade bottle, as long as another man is holding it tightly against your anus.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Wouldn't that pressurize it :ohdear:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

aphid_licker posted:

Wouldn't that pressurize it :ohdear:

blowing sans!

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

I think the b hole is irregular enough to let enough air out. There was some spillage at first, but after a quick realignment all was okay.

Shitter's a Master Chief (E-9, highest enlisted rank) now, bottle holder is a civilian working at a shipyard.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Elviscat posted:

I think the b hole is irregular enough to let enough air out. There was some spillage at first, but after a quick realignment all was okay.

Shitter's a Master Chief (E-9, highest enlisted rank) now, bottle holder is a civilian working at a shipyard.

This makes it infinitely funnier.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Drake meme before: John-117 melting alien faces with plasma guns

Drake meme after: an E9 making GBS threads into a Gatorade bottle held by a recalcitrant welder

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Shits in a bottle are a traditional naval handicraft.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Fearless posted:

Shits in a bottle are a traditional naval handicraft.

That's a thread title. Either here or the Navy thread.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
If I had a Gatorade bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save
Every poo poo
'Til the galley food passes away
Just to play catch-the-poo.

Lemniscate Blue fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Oct 26, 2022

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
*Jim Croce voice* If I could save poo poo in a bottle...

e;f;b

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Pissing in bottles is not a rare occurrence on AWACS. I've never heard of anyone making GBS threads in bottles though...we'd start peeing in bottles to save room in the lav to avoid that.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Lemniscate Blue posted:

If I had a Gatorade bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save
Every poo poo
'Til the galley food passes away
Just to play catch-the-poo.

I do remember reading some bathroom graffiti in a stall that stated "Flush twice, it's a long way to the galley."

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Elviscat posted:

Thanks to the military, I know firsthand that it's possible to poo poo into a Gatorade bottle, as long as another man is holding it tightly against your anus.
The way my diarrhea comes out sideways sometimes would produce even more frightening results if someone else and a bottle were involved.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Casimir Radon posted:

The way my diarrhea comes out sideways sometimes would produce even more frightening results if someone else and a bottle were involved.

Put a cork in it.

"It" is best left as an exercise for the reader.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Am I the only person wondering here how what sounds like a Chief Petty Officer of some sort was able to browbeat a civilian employee into holding a bottle up to his arse to poo poo into it in the first place? I know a lot of the civilian employees of the CF are unionized and I cannot see that sort of poo poo flying here in Canada because I am pretty sure their collective agreements only permit that kind of conduct with officers of flag or general rank.

So if this was entirely voluntary, are we kink shaming two otherwise consenting adults?

Oh, right, the idiocy is not supposed to come from inside the thread. Sorry.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Fearless posted:

Am I the only person wondering here how what sounds like a Chief Petty Officer of some sort was able to browbeat a civilian employee into holding a bottle up to his arse to poo poo into it in the first place? I know a lot of the civilian employees of the CF are unionized and I cannot see that sort of poo poo flying here in Canada because I am pretty sure their collective agreements only permit that kind of conduct with officers of flag or general rank.

So if this was entirely voluntary, are we kink shaming two otherwise consenting adults?

No civilian is gonna take poo poo from a masterchief unless they are good buddies.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Crab Dad posted:

No civilian is gonna take poo poo from a masterchief unless they are good buddies.

Literally the only perks are the paycheck and being immune to SNCO's

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Fearless posted:

Am I the only person wondering here how what sounds like a Chief Petty Officer of some sort was able to browbeat a civilian employee into holding a bottle up to his arse to poo poo into it in the first place?

The wording was that they're a master chief and civilian dock worker now, with the implication that at the time of the incident they hadn't yet achieved those lofty positions.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

They were both E6s at the time, sea-dad (holder) and sea-son (shitter).

The guy that went to shipyard was like a nuke test engineer, not like a Bubba.

Sorry for the lack of context.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

What an odd rank for a sea-son.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

You don't stop being a sea child just because you've been on the boat for a couple years and you're a nuke.

You stop being a sea child when your daddy leaves to grab a pack of smokes (shore duty) and never comes back.

I was an orphan tho so ymmv.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
You’re a sea child until the day your sea daddy gives you your first load of sea men

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Fearless posted:

More like Chief Potty Officer :itwaspoo:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Crab Dad posted:

What an odd rank for a sea-son.

Nuke ranks are weird, you sell your joy for quick money.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

M_Gargantua posted:

Nuke ranks are weird, you sell your joy for quick money.

:capitalism:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I remembered this story the other night and couldn't stop giggling about it.
In a different life I worked for an ISP and I remember one of the supervisors there leaving.
I wasn't really too close with him but I asked why, and he said that 'towing my car was the worst mistake this place ever made.'
I ran into him again a few years later, and after that I asked a mutual friend how he was doing.
It seemed that his life wasn't going that well. He'd gotten into trouble with the Mongrel Mob (local gang) and they'd presented him an ultimatum.
Either he grew weed for them, or he lost his kneecaps. He'd chosen to grow weed.
I was wondering, what the gently caress kind of trouble did he get into with them?
Seemed like he owed them money and hadn't been able to pay it back.
I figured he'd had to be in a pretty bad way to ever consider approaching the Mob for money, so I asked a little more.
He'd taken out a loan from the Mob because his credit was shot to hell, to the point where he couldn't get a loan from anyone else.
What was it he took out a loan for, do you think? Medical bills? Renovations? Property?
None of the above.
He took out a loan from the Mongrel Mob to buy....... a car. A Toyota Altezza (Lexus IS200 in the states).
The same car that he quit his job out of spite over.
Which then led to him not being able to pay the loan back.

I hope he enjoyed the car.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

:nz: :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Googling what an Altezza looks like makes this even funnier