Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/dnuTgS4.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
how to spot a new gunner.gif

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Probably a repost, but, y'know. Some poo poo you just gotta post whenever you see it.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Kith posted:

Probably a repost, but, y'know. Some poo poo you just gotta post whenever you see it.

gently caress no. Just no.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

That must be a joke, because I do not enjoy the implications of it being real. Yay for the alternate facts lifestyle!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
The funniest thing would be that he wanted some other tat, but the fiance gave the tattoo artist that so she get some clout on the 'gram.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I never imagined that "army wife" was a desirable state.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Wasabi the J posted:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Collateral Damage posted:

Life is tough in the holler/barrio/ghetto/trailerpark.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017

Kith posted:

There was this one from a while back

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

"Honey, I had a long day in the field and it's crayons again? Fine."

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I love how the dude probably did some dumbass Facebook quiz made by some goony doofus and he took the results as gospel.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Collateral Damage posted:

I know two different women that between them (since I've known of them, so 2008) have been married to 9 different sailors and marines, 1 cop, and engaged to numerous others in that time period.

In the almost four years since I got out (jfc), my wife has worked in salons with 3 separate women that specifically sought out military to try and get hitched.

Also know a guy who makes his baby momma (and kids, for that matter) wear proud ___ of a former marine clothing.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
The Rangers apparently have a running and shooting biathalon, and they released a photo of the two who won this year.....and people noticed their weapons still had the mags in and the weapons on Fire from the shooting portion.

https://twitter.com/ThatStupidDoll/status/1384276995958185984?s=20

You, of course, hope the mags are empty, but basic firearms safety says you shouldn't trust that, and they still ran with the safeties off, and makes you wonder if the shooting portion required them to clear and safe the weapons.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Wasabi the J posted:

Field artillery is a shortcut to cumulative brain injury and deafness.
Many jobs will get you there eventually, but not many will get you there faster.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

"Whatever, put your safety on, moron"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/US_Stratcom/status/1384343498825027584

Thanks, HorrorCom!

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
What is that unit patch? It looks like the view from Dr Doom’s orbital laser.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Jesus Christ we're an insane country in an insane world

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Vengarr posted:

SAC always had the armored fist with lightning bolts as their logo. STRATCOM has the successor unit Global Strike Command as well as the Army's Space and Missile Defense Command and a couple of others, so their logo is a greatest hits compilation of the components.

Midjack fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 20, 2021

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Wasabi the J posted:

It's a pretty straightforward statement, and one that's in-line with basically every assessment since the Rosenbergs.

HelleSpud
Apr 1, 2010

Vengarr posted:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Didn’t think evil could get that close to the real Master Sword, must be a fake.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Wasabi the J posted:

Russia all built up near Ukraine, poo poo's getting real.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Sure, the goofy He-Man sword is what everybody pays attention to, but did anybody else notice the swords on the podium are loving Aragorn's strider sword?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

https://twitter.com/ArmsControlWonk/status/1384484480707174401?s=20

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

CommieGIR posted:

https://taskandpurpose.com/entertainment/black-hawk-down-this-is-my-safety/

quote:

However, for the Delta Force soldiers who were assigned to Task Force Ranger, their safety rules were a bit different, Hooten explained.

“So, we clear our weapons, we drop the hammer, and once you drop the hammer on the weapon, it won’t go on safe. That way I know if I pick a weapon up in the middle of the night, and I try to manipulate the safety on it, if it goes on safe I’m not quite sure whether it’s loaded or not. But if it won’t go on safe, I know that gun’s clear.

But when he tried to explain this to the Ranger captain, “he didn’t understand that,” Hooten said. “I’m not a big fan of that guy, but it was not a big deal. I just said ‘hey, I got it on safe. I’ve got my gun, you’ve got your gun. You worry about yours, I’ll worry about mine.’

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

I love that the explanation is still "Put it on safe, because that's what you are supposed to do when its properly clear"

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
"You worry about your gun and I'll worry about mine. It's not like a mistake with my gun could somehow project itself outward at deadly speeds in unexpected directions and hurt other people, ya big crybaby"

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I adopted this practice in my personal ARs a long time ago for a very similar reason. I always know amd verify weapon condition with a touch.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf
This is Stockholm syndrome.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

In conclusion the armalites were designed in the 50's and they're not perfect. People who think they are belong in this thread.

Hopefully that new GD/Beretta bullpup is closer to better and sets a better standard.

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Apr 20, 2021

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

In conclusion the armalites were designed in the 50's and they're not perfect. People who think they are belong in this thread.

Hopefully that new GD/Beretta bullpup is closer to better and sets a better standard.

ok lol

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Yo im down link that poo poo

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Stravag posted:

Yo im down link that poo poo

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/beretta-ngsw/

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

There’s always the off chance that their rifles are hammer down on an empty chamber, which makes it impossible to engage the safety on the AR pattern. An extremely unlikely event but I suppose it’s possible.

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Talking about bullpups being a good step forward certainly belongs here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

That is a neat looking little rifle.