Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

Man that's some heartbreaking poo poo

I did a month of grand jury. I got to sit and listen to a few dozen beaten women walk back and make excuses for why their SOs didn't *really* choke them.

Luckily in my state testimony they offer 24 hours after the cops show up is admissible, which was nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I had a roommate with a literal bodybuilder boyfriend with a drinking problem. She breaks up with him one night and later he turns up drunk at our house and starts pushing her around - not hitting her but shoving her into walls and things, punching our walls and appliances, slamming doors and bellowing at her, and then trying to fight me when I tell him to leave. I didn't own a gun at that point and this dude is younger, stronger, meaner, and drunker than me, so I'm in no mood to get myself killed trying to fight him. So I call the cops.

When they show up I watch her go from "arrest that motherfucker I want to press charges right now" to "nevermind" as the cops actively lean hard into her about what a hassle it will be to go to court, and she'll have to testify, and then probably nothing will happen anyway. They literally talked her out of it in our front yard. Meanwhile I'm going, uh, can I press charges? It's my house too? I told him to leave and he threatened me? They ignore me.

They notice he's too drunk to drive so they drive him home. End of consequences for him. I go buy a Mossberg the very next day.

Edit: oh yeah she totally went back to him a few weeks later and stayed with him for a few more years. To my knowledge he never hit her again but he did "accidentally" leak all her nudes by "forgetting" to wipe his hard drive when he sold his computer to someone. He was a winner.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jun 1, 2020

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

It'd be harder for moneyed interests to convince us poor dumb fucks to fight for their bullshit overseas if we decent educations and affordable tuition. I'd say the system is working as intended.

:smith:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

That's just about the boot-est thing I've seen in a while

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Is this the special forces I keep hearing about

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Memento posted:

That's just about the boot-est thing I've seen in a while

YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND, LEG!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Scratch Monkey posted:

:laffo:

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is this the special forces I keep hearing about

The Very Special Forces.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Still a favorite.

brains
May 12, 2004

Scratch Monkey posted:

:lmao:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/astral_fns/status/1268713686996320256?s=21

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

The first reply is gold

quote:

This is not cute or funny, sc national guard only do this when they are extremely distressed.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

already stood down

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

https://twitter.com/MarkasSolomon/status/1269098499670491137

It may have come from one of those clickbait ai-bot design shops. Found a pic of a badly misspelled shop on facebook pitching it.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Yeah, that looks like it came from one of those “put that on a t shirt!” bots.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Back in the 90s when I first read Neuromancer I would not have expected that a quarter century later there'd be AIs designing tshirts

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Guys- all I'm saying is I know A LOT of grown rear end man would wear them if we marketed it as "Under Siege" pajamas

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

If they come in double digit sizes I can see it doing well in the dependa market. Only complaint would be that the rank only goes up to LT and my husband is a Commander so :words:

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

aphid_licker posted:

Back in the 90s when I first read Neuromancer I would not have expected that a quarter century later there'd be AIs designing tshirts

And then 20 years later he wrote about Mall Ninja Fashion

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Wish they had those when I was in. Open ranks would have been much easier.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

It’s insane how many people are posting poo poo like this and then being shocked when it bites them in the rear end. An EMT near me just got fired for a Facebook post full of racial slurs (that he misspelled sometimes, naturally).

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Brute Squad posted:

https://twitter.com/MarkasSolomon/status/1269098499670491137

It may have come from one of those clickbait ai-bot design shops. Found a pic of a badly misspelled shop on facebook pitching it.

Where's the one for Forklift Drivers, whose lives really matter.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

CommieGIR posted:

Where's the one for Forklift Drivers, whose lives really matter.

The only blue lives that matter work at the USPS :colbert:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Thump! posted:

This is the correct answer.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Thump! posted:

I regret to inform you the USPIS is racist

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Holy poo poo USPIS

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
We have a USPIS office in the same office complex as my job, when we’re hanging out by the back door sometimes we see them loading up to roll heavy on someone.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Well that's cool. I wonder what the bullshit pretext for "non-mailable" was.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Midjack posted:

Well that's cool. I wonder what the bullshit pretext for "non-mailable" was.

Who needs one anymore? Some gently caress probably suggesting letting minorities and their supporters to get sick, and some other gently caress approved it after getting hard at the thought of how much money their ownership stake in a hospital would pull in.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Can confirm since my big brother is USPIS and he recently graduated from being a racist to becoming a huge racist.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/TheWTFNation/status/1269996636421394432

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Needs a shady car dealership to really tie it all together.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
And a titty bar

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

I don't see a strip club, a used car lot, or even a payday lender. 3/10.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Maybe it's an AF thing but I've (anecdotally) noticed an uptick in overpriced alienware computers and weird twitch/patreons donations.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Ocean Beach, San Diego (not a real store, but an awesome sign)

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/slippery-sams-select-secondhand-sedans-san-diego?select=9RjFgWd17oPbXp72f85b6Q

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Guest2553 posted:

weird twitch/patreons donations.

The modern day pasties-required titty bar.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Kazinsal posted:

The modern day pasties-required titty bar.

I'm out. My nipples are probably far too hairy to get those to stick.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

canyoneer posted:

I'm out. My nipples are probably far too hairy to get those to stick.

tattoo some pasties you coward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I don't see a strip club, a used car lot, or even a payday lender. 3/10.

I see an empty storefront. Have Patience everyone else in your unit has.