Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

A White Guy posted:

One day, I'm out with my crew. We're dropping exclusively dead ponderosa pine. My crew is having fun.

Wasn't convinced these weren't drug euphamisms until halfway through this post. I still have some doubts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
I think that maybe if you work for a company that runs events, your brain parses signs like that a different way.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Nope, I think it's warranted to cry while playing either.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Smiling Jack posted:

From the TFR airpower thread. This guy isn't an idiot, this guy should be a fuckin legend:

read the details on the pass

Reminds me of SAAR-N forms for various networks; there's a line that asks for justification for access. You'll see some creatively generic entries as people try to justify why they need access to command e-mail and share drive.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

EBB posted:

When he says helicopter rides he means the Scarface variety, right?

I assumed the meatspin variety.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Immediate response of check freq was pretty good.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Service guarantees citizenship*

* in select situations only.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

LingcodKilla posted:

99% of your time in the military is jerking off so that doesn’t seem like polite conversation.

Did he ever complain about MyPay?

I've touched all the walls of a shared shower. I've searched racks for watch reliefs under red lights in places I wouldn't go in the full light of day. I've found bottles in spaces man. Bottles in spaces.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Depends, is it issued to the horse doctors from the 1st Cavalry reenactors unit?

I'm sorry if I'm just old fashioned, but horses should not be doctors.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
From another article: https://cfpub.epa.gov/si/si_public_record_report.cfm?dirEntryId=341592&Lab=NCEA

quote:

...in a child following ingestion of plasticized RDX from the mother’s clothing (Woody et al., 1986).

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
I'm having trouble imagining lower stakes.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
What gets me about the while thing is you could have a pretty messed up die and it'll still serve as a valid randomizer for the point gamers use the randomizer for. Until a player learns their die well enough that he can manipulate it unseen via some sort of trick throw, the effect of an unbalanced die will be unintentional.

When a player spends hours learning a non transferrable skill with a randomly defective tool, which could be fixed by handing them another $1 die or making them use a free app on their cell phone, all to cheat at pretend storytelling, maybe you don't actually want to hang out with that person.

I think people think they're going to have a die that skews 75-25 high low or something, but if its shaped right and the density is close, it's probably like 501-499 unless you're intentionally manipulating the thing.

This was a trap, wasn't it?

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
This thread has gotten wildly off topic.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

PathAsc posted:

This is the same guy that *needed* to smell the bore of my rifle to make sure I didn't shoot at a bus in TQ while I was in mortaritaville for a week.

He was loving stupid.

Why you coming home, five in the morn'? Somethings going on.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Maybe Iran will just destroy Twitter.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

FrozenVent posted:

“Alright sir stay calm. Where did you get those readings, and what were they?”

I love how the phrase "Alright sir stay calm" is anything but calming.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Pop quiz we're going for a run.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
If I were to marry both a general and a major, I'd be considered quite modern.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Uh, it's called fighting switchfoot.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Commoners posted:

gonna smother this green beret with my cheeks

Goddamn.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

LingcodKilla posted:

I recommend getting married 15 years before joining to make sure everything will run smoothly.

I was going to make a joke about that being too young for most Sailors, and while researching the joke, started reading about child marriages :(

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Scratch Monkey posted:

The denouement of that book was the mil-fic version of “you decry society yet you live in a society! Checkmate libtard”

Vous déniez la société et pourtant vous vivez dans une société!

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
It really helps if you brown it. Canned corned beef (and corned beef hash) is delicious with hot sauce maybe a little bit of runny yolk.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Sometimes the froyo dispenser would be down on the messdecks and I wouldn't be able to have my post-watch root beer float ☹️

When the coffee would run out at night, I'd have to make a new pot or I wouldn't have any to mix with the hot chocolate mix. It would mess up my whole pre-watch routine!

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

chitoryu12 posted:

Conveniently, this just showed up on my YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YieLNwaI1uo

Fallout LARP is great.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

PathAsc posted:

Deer are stupid vermin for the most part tbh

Don't call me dear in public.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Casimir Radon posted:

They names their son Maverick. It's not a nickname, that's his loving legal name.

My divination: Becomes an aviator, callsign Todd. It doesn't stand for anything, just brings balance to the force.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Get a grippe, we can't let this strain our relationships.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
It's really well based though and I would have eaten it up in High School though.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

My Spirit Otter posted:

Surely theres a better metric of time than a women's menstrual cycle.

Should have made it three for implying ...

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Navy has quotas that favors engineers followed by general STEM for ROTC and Academy applicants. There is also no biology major available from the Naval Academy, and I don't think there are undergraduate research opportunities available at the academy, though I could be mistaken.

Edit: generally, I tend to think we need more "tier-3" lit and history majors than what we have.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Dick Burglar posted:

This is so weird. Did a biology professor kick the Navy's dog or something?

Anecdotally, an ensign I once explained it to said that, since every third midshipman really wants to be a health professional, they dont want to encourage even more people to join for college and five years to bounce to medical school.

This seems less likely to me than than the Academy has sciences because you have to have sciences, but what they really want to make is engineers, and biological engineering is too mew. Since only two numbered fleet commanders didnt graduate from the academy, I can promise you a lot of leadership have a class called "Biology for Naval Officers" on their transcript.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Wild T posted:

He ended up making it to O-6 then got retired because he got caught loving his secretary.

Get it Barbara.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Milo and POTUS posted:

Not that, the anal fissures! We all know Zuck doesn't go away

I'm sorry, but it's not worth engaging if you're just going to play the pronoun game.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

NightGyr posted:

So like... Is this guy going to face consequences for protesting in uniform?

nope

Retirees are still subject to the UCMJ, but I'd say theres a 50/50 shot it was just some guy with a uniform.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Idgi :(

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Ah. Nice.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Ocean Beach, San Diego (not a real store, but an awesome sign)

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/slippery-sams-select-secondhand-sedans-san-diego?select=9RjFgWd17oPbXp72f85b6Q

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Mustang posted:

Nah man, car dudes are just the male equivalent of horse girls.

Stay away.

Never get involved with a centaur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Ah yes, the person Karen demands to talk to at the violence store.

But the service academies don't make managers, they make leaders.